• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sheik in A+? I though Sheik was awful in this game?

I like using Sheik quite a lot, so if someone can point out what makes Sheik good in this game, then thanks.
Hm I think A-tier Shiek might in part be an overreaction to her Fair and Needles buffs, but fot the sake of argument Sheik has an very impressive neutral thanks to her incredible frame data and mobility. Her only real issue is damage racking and landing kills, although I believe Needles are used in some kill set upd so her buffs should help a tiny bit in that area.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dont a lot of tier list makers do half actual results and half "i think they have potential" for their rankings

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sheik is not supposed to be a character who just gets a lot of raw damage from stray hits, like Ganondorf. Her goal is to outplay her opponent with a great neutral game to chain her hits and deal damage. Still, her damage output could and should be improved to help her out a bit, but no one even sees her played most of the time and just thinks she has nothing.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
VoiD made a tier list. No Miis though so RIP.
View attachment 214172
Is Falcon really that bad? I know he's overall worse then in Smash 4, but I'm surprised he put him that low.

Other then that, I have a few issues with a number of the placements, but I'll take a look at his video and see what he says.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
looks at Shulk being placed consistently top tier.

Yes.
I mean, in fairness to VoiD specifically...

One of the single best Shulk players out there is in his region, so he's had quite a bit of experience in the matchup, I'd imagine.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
No Miis: *AEMehr is typing*

But seriously... I don't really agree w/ a lot of this list, outside of the very top and very bottom (minus Falcon)
OK. I should probably reiterate this...
I think a lot of characters are placed a little too high or little too low (in my opinion)

Little too high: :ultpalutena::ultjoker::ultganondorf::ultgnw::ultkrool::ultpiranha:
Little too low: :ultluigi::ultdk::ultness::ultbowser::ultroy::ultpikachu::ultbayonetta::ultfalcon:
Disagree: :ultsheik: (way too high), :ultsonic: (too low), :ultridley:(way too low), :ultshulk: (too high)

Beyond that, the list is fine.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is Falcon really that bad? I know he's overall worse then in Smash 4, but I'm surprised he put him that low.

Other then that, I have a few issues with a number of the placements, but I'll take a look at his video and see what he says.
Yes he's absolutely that bad.

EVERYTHING that made Falcon both kinda viable and actually fun was cut, gutted, and smashed to pieces.

Superarmor on side B is alright I guess though?

D

Deleted member

People need to stop underrating Ridley when he has actually decent results.

People see him as a "superheavy without the heavy" when in actuality he's more of a glasscanon with a decent neutral and crazy advantage state.

Captain Falcon, iirc.
Same. Ridley even has results to back him up. He deals big damage, has one of the best edgeguarding projectiles, two of his Smash Attacks are relatively quick and big for their power, has great tilts and aerials, and Side B is stage control, damage dealing and takes stocks all in one move. The only thing holding him back is a bad disadvantage state but he should be at least Mid Tier if not higher

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yes he's absolutely that bad.

EVERYTHING that made Falcon both kinda viable and actually fun was cut, gutted, and smashed to pieces.

Superarmor on side B is alright I guess though?
basically, they made him a clunky smash 64 character in time for the dragon king echo fighter reveal at e3

Iridium

Smash Hero
He’s really fallen from grace, eh?
He basically lost a lot of things that made him good in Smash 4, especially that dash grab. And he just gets wrecked by a majority of the potential top tiers. At least notable top Falcon players from the last game even give him a chance.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He basically lost a lot of things that made him good in Smash 4, especially that dash grab. And he just gets wrecked by a majority of the potential top tiers. At least notable top Falcon players from the last game even give him a chance.
Now if only that were Sheik.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t say Ridley is that low, he has some good results, but I wouldn’t rank any higher than mid. A lot of his moves are just too easily telegraphed, he’s complete combo fodder especially as such a big target, and his recovery is just plain bad.
He can do some stuff, but he suffers from too many of the classic heavyweight problems imo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In other news, I finally find Mewtwo fun to play again. He was one of my favorites in Smash 4 but Ultimate killed a lot of the fun until the latest patch fixed him up a bit.

Welcome back, friend.

D

Deleted member

This would honestly be 100% a better movie than what we're getting
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'd gladly pay for two hours of "Masked Grinch Ventura yelling 'yes, man' as he causes a series of unfortunate events featuring almost to nothing blue blurs of ugly CGI"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And yet there are still people who refuse to even entertain the POSSIBILITY that Kasumi is coming.

I'm part of a Smash Discord server where there are a few guys who refuse to believe any of the evidence I give them. They think vaanrose's posts are just talking about junk data that was scrapped, and is just "classic Smashboards overspeculation".

Obviously I'm not gonna sit here and say "she's confirmed, just accept it", but it's annoying when people turn away from the evidence and refuse to even consider the possibility.
i mean it more in regards to how sakurai was most likely given the royal to draw from instead of just base P5

it seems pretty clear from all the jane stuff that kasumi was, at the very least, in the works at one point in time, so god only knows where/if anywhere that'll lead
At any rate, my current stance on her is "she may be in, but not until after the fighter pass is complete". There was the crowd that went "surely she will be revealed as playable at the Persona 5 concert" when that would have been way too early.

Looking forward to the beginning of May tomorrow. No games I look forward too but otherwise in terms of movies I got three I'm really anticipated for.

Ad Astra, Brightburn and of course Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Man 5 years I've been waiting and just a month away until finally seeing the most anticipated film this year I've been looking forward too! :grin:
And it's in approximately 31 days too, so that'll easily help make the wait for Smash news easier for ya. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would be a nice exploration of the frail human psyche.
Sonic: "Eggman, you have to let go. The crash was 10 years ago."
I'd gladly pay for two hours of "Masked Grinch Ventura yelling 'yes, man' as he causes a series of unfortunate events featuring almost to nothing blue blurs of ugly CGI"
Eggman: "This is a hair strand of that hedhehog!"
Soldier: "Sir, that's just grass."
Eggman: "I'm gonna lick it. Did you know the hedgehog is lickable."
Soldier: "They don't pay me enough for this ****."

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They can film in my city if they want to. Apparently someone filmed a movie here once.

D

Deleted member

He validates his own obsession by constantly capturing other animals and painting them blue and calling them hedgehogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He validates his own obsession by constantly capturing hedgehogs and painting them blue. They aren’t even natives.
He's a serial pet thief obsessed with hoarding animals and keeping them in "environment chambers" intended to protect biological life from global warming but that really just constitutes animal abuse. He begins hallucinating local children and teenagers that find out and begin trying to rescue the animals as giant sapient animals themselves and declares war on them.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
fellas stop, you're making me mourn an eggman solo movie that never even existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom