• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mythra Mythra did this to me so now ya'll have to see it too

EDIT: On second thought this may not be appropriate lol

He knows what he did tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
that pretty much is what he looks like

please dont tell me they're gonna make a tie-in game
Honestly, I can't rule out the possibility.

It's just stupid enough for me to believe it could happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I can't rule out the possibility.

It's just stupid enough for me to believe it could happen.
On the other hand, I'd like to see Sonic use electricity instead of just Wind and Sound at best. Hell, if this helps start to create ideas for a Sonic Battle sequel, I'm all for it.

...Just fix the "gloves" and teeth, and we're good. Like, those are the only things that I find actually bad about the design(instead of just mediocre).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yo im eating pizza too

its dominos but its free so i dont care

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m thinking about drawing my take on what a movie Sonic could look like when I get off work, I’m taking suggestions on changes I could make. So far I have stuff like:

-play around with the proportions
-make the eyes bigger so Sonic could potentially be able to see more and take in his surroundings better.
-rework the quills, stuff like have quills on the top half of his arms and bare skin on the bottom half,
-redesign the shoes, especially getting rid of the laces, supersonic speeds + laces = bad times
-give him white parkour gloves

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmmm. This time I’m going to cut out the most popular one and make you choose between only two.

Choose 1. The other dies.

Nintendo vs. SEGA

Or

Super Smash Bros x PlayStation All-Stars

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hmmmm. This time I’m going to cut out the most popular one and make you choose between only two.

Choose 1. The other dies.

Nintendo vs. SEGA

Or

Super Smash Bros x PlayStation All-Stars
the latter one

we already got a pinch of SEGA in Smash Bros

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
On the other hand, I'd like to see Sonic use electricity instead of just Wind and Sound at best. Hell, if this helps start to create ideas for a Sonic Battle sequel, I'm all for it.

...Just fix the "gloves" and teeth, and we're good. Like, those are the only things that I find actually bad about the design(instead of just mediocre).
I mean, I won't deny that the Sonic shown in the movie has interesting abilities, especially the lightning thing you mentioned, but I just don't think I could handle playing an entire game with THAT Sonic staring me in the face the whole time.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't think the Sonic Movie Trailer was THAT bad. Sure, it ain't good, but I can think of a couple of redeeming qualities. Jim Carrey as Eggman seems like a fun character and could be the highlight of the film. The action and cinematography also seems fine enough. I still don't quite know if this can save the movie, but I won't write it off as a failure just yet. Honestly, I would've preferred them just make an animated movie with the traditional Sonic Style.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I finally saw the Sonic trailer.

I think y'all are overreacting a bit. It's not going to be great, but I doesn't look like the dumpster fire I thought it would after seeing all the reactions.

Puzzled by the song choice, still don't like the Sonic design even though it doesn't look as bad in motion, and the movie would've been better if they didn't go with the "Sonic's an alien from space" angle. Otherwise, it's fine. Go in with low expectations if you want to watch it and you'll have a good time.

$20 says it'll be better than the Assassin's Creed movie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I finally saw the Sonic trailer.

I think y'all are overreacting a bit. It's not going to be great, but I doesn't look like the dumpster fire I thought it would after seeing all the reactions.

Puzzled by the song choice, still don't like the Sonic design even though it doesn't look as bad in motion, and the movie would've been better if they didn't go with the "Sonic's an alien from space" angle. Otherwise, it's fine. Go in with low expectations if you want to watch it and you'll have a good time.

$20 says it'll be better than the Assassin's Creed movie.
It’s a throwback to classic genesis Sonic in America where he was from Planet Mobius

D

Deleted member

I squealed eternally at the "genesis" callback in the trailer, and I don't know if it was positive or negative.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, I won't deny that the Sonic shown in the movie has interesting abilities, especially the lightning thing you mentioned, but I just don't think I could handle playing an entire game with THAT Sonic staring me in the face the whole time.
That's fair. The design works when going fast, but staring you in the face... just no. D: It's why I'm not bothered by him(much) except for the teeth and lack of gloves. But the screencaps don't mesh well with a design of "constantly moving". So those make it look worse than what it'd be in the movie on average, at least as the trailers show, where he's rarely in one place. It depends how it'll go, though. I do wish his design was a bit better, but see the post I just quoted for some nice ideas. I do agree he could easily be better.

I’m thinking about drawing my take on what a movie Sonic could look like when I get off work, I’m taking suggestions on changes I could make. So far I have stuff like:

-play around with the proportions
-make the eyes bigger so Sonic could potentially be able to see more and take in his surroundings better.
-rework the quills, stuff like have quills on the top half of his arms and bare skin on the bottom half,
-redesign the shoes, especially getting rid of the laces, supersonic speeds + laces = bad times
-give him white parkour gloves
Funny thing is this is the first time I heard a good point against the shoes. I agree with that. I don't see an issue with the Nike or any brand shoe, cause Sonic is all about having a special set of shoes. Any movie is going to be business-like and capitalize off of this. It's a given that it'd happen. There could easily be a better brand and design, though. That said, I think the blue arms are fine and don't matter. I never got why it was a big deal. Sure, it's not the first design, but it's not like it hurts his later games at all anyway, so...

You forgot the most important one, though; remove the teeth. Sure, it's canon in the games(hi, Adventure 1), but really doesn't do well. No need for 'em. He can just smile without opening his mouth. At worst it might look kind of creepy, but that sometimes happens with a very wide smile. Also, I'd make sure to still add his other abilities, like his Wind ones(and technically Sound).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Crazy idea. What if Xbox Scarlet and PlayStation 5 each have a special removable tablet that you can separate from the body and use to play games on the go. Like, a combination of the Switch and a VMU or Pocket Station.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It’s a throwback to classic genesis Sonic in America where he was from Planet Mobius
I doubt that. Mobius has been in the Archie Comics for decades, and Sonic X was already all about Sonic & co. coming to Earth. I don't think they're doing a throwback so much as writing their own canon with a very loose interpretation of various signature aspects, as they often do with videogame properties.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You forgot the most important one, though; remove the teeth. Sure, it's canon in the games(hi, Adventure 1), but really doesn't do well. No need for 'em. He can just smile without opening his mouth. At worst it might look kind of creepy, but that sometimes happens with a very wide smile. Also, I'd make sure to still add his other abilities, like his Wind ones(and technically Sound).
I think it’s possible to fix the teeth and not remove them completely. I’m taking some elements from this design (like the arms) and I don’t think the teeth look too bad here:

D

Deleted member

Crazy idea. What if Xbox Scarlet and PlayStation 5 each have a special removable tablet that you can separate from the body and use to play games on the go. Like, a combination of the Switch and a VMU or Pocket Station.
Considering some of the specs they have already mentioned, that would just shot up their prices higher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Guys look on the bright side.

The live action Shadow the Hedgehog movie looks great.
190to8.jpg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it’s possible to fix the teeth and not remove them completely. I’m taking some elements from this design (like the arms) and I don’t think the teeth look too bad here:
Eh, they still look off-putting. Also, I hope you mean entirely bare arms, cause that looks worse than pure blue arms. Referring strictly to the tweet.

Sonic's been drawn without teeth for ages. I feel it fits his design better overall.

Fair enough, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t get why people are so obsessed with having tan on the underside of the arms. Or tan arms in general. I think the blue arms make more sense design wise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom