• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And they still didn't differentiate Dark Samus in any way (said the broken record)
if nothing else, dark samus is precedent for echoes being able to have massively different animations while still functioning the exact same

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Please, maybe you don't understand. You don't know what you're doing, here...

He spends most of the movie being a cute comic relief character.

Then in the end he randomly transforms into a "hot" human woman, then gets together with a very stereotypical loser nerd character who earlier had angst over being a virgin.

They also have several babies that look like mini Q'berts.

I WISH I was joking.
That is...weird, to say the least.

D

Deleted member

Throwback to when I did this in celebration of the last Mafia game in the social groups
I'd do something for Endgame but it has, like, only half of the faces to plaster avatars on top of.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The site keeps giving adds about dating Russian beauties.

I mean... sure? But why?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
"echo fighters have to be fundamentally the same character with only minor tweaks or 1-2 different moves"

ken:

View attachment 214157
I’m pretty sure the definition of echo fighters are almost entirely development rather than gameplay, because the echo fighters range too much from alternate palettes to slightly different to Ken to have a consistent formula of what one can really expect, while they’re reason for inclusion is all the same, being quicker bonus fighters the devs were able to put into.

Sure, if any future echoes come out, you would assume that they would have to be based on someone, but how similar they end up being to their counterpart are mostly based on how much the work the team is able to put into them.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I remember how time was much slower when you were younger but as you get older it just goes by like its yesterday. That's how I began feeling it beginning with 2018...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
if nothing else, dark samus is precedent for echoes being able to have massively different animations while still functioning the exact same
Yeah I know, and I still like the character as it is, but...
Out of all Echoes she differs most from the character she's an echo of, looking at the source material

:ultmarth::ultlucina:: Same class, same sword, Lucina litterally pretended to be Marth at one point.
:ultpeach::ultdaisy:: The same role in their games, the same model in practically every game.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:: literally a clone
:ultroy::ultchrom:: Same class and role in the game:ultryu::ultken:: originally designed as what we would now call An echo
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: "Dark version stereotype so she has to be an echo" but never uses anything from Samus' Moveset aside from the bombs and the charge beam. She stole her suit and differentiated from there to suit her own style.

I know I said it too much but there is an odd one out here.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The site keeps giving adds about dating Russian beauties.

I mean... sure? But why?
It's all Shiny's fault, he's secretly a part of Russia's social media division so the adware just automatically assumes all of us are.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Someone get the Squilliam edits because the time has come and so have I.
I gotchu

apologies if there's any gnawty words or otherwise objectionable content - it's too fast for me to read and probably too fast for you too

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah I know, and I still like the character as it is, but...
Out of all Echoes she differs most from the character she's an echo of, looking at the source material

:ultmarth::ultlucina:: Same class, same sword, Lucina litterally pretended to be Marth at one point.
:ultpeach::ultdaisy:: The same role in their games, the same model in practically every game.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:: literally a clone
:ultroy::ultchrom:: Same class and role in the game:ultryu::ultken:: originally designed as what we would now call An echo
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: "Dark version stereotype so she has to be an echo" but never uses anything from Samus' Moveset aside from the bombs and the charge beam. She stole her suit and differentiated from there to suit her own style.

I know I said it too much but there is an odd one out here.
Yeah right?

How the hell did Chrom learn to fight like Roy? They aint even in the same universe!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Yeah right?

How the hell did Chrom learn to fight like Roy? They aint even in the same universe!
Lords in FE have roughly the same fighting style.

And still, they did a lot more to differentiate Chrom than Damus

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tbf chrom using roy's moveset isn't that absurd

it maintains the illusion that some of his fighting style passed on to lucina (as in awakening) while playing up his slightly more aggressive/reckless personality

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Throwback to when I did this in celebration of the last Mafia game in the social groups

I'd do something for Endgame but it has, like, only half of the faces to plaster avatars on top of.
Being Rocket Raccoon is hard.

I can't let Groot out of my sight for one second without him trying to flirt with someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom