• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Except people would be too busy complaining about King Arthur being a girl as "forced representation" to even notice her armor.
I'd be complaining because that's a queen, not a king.

D

Deleted member

Well, that joke really killed my mood. Now I just feel really uncomfortable.
Don't think too much about it. We know it doesn't represent who you are. Have some Moomin to ease you up.
Again:

I'd love to appreciate Fate.

But the F/GO community is ****ing awful(And if you play you know due to what recent reason)

Doesn't help that most of the big-name Fate tubers are jumping on board the witch hunt and conspiracy theory trains.

I haven't seen a fanbase this awful in awhile tbh.
I legit have no idea what happened as I don't follow FGO JP too closely so I'm gonna have to ask what did happen?

Shroob

Sup?
Don't think too much about it. We know it doesn't represent who you are. Have some Moomin to ease you up.

I legit have no idea what happened as I don't follow FGO JP too closely so I'm gonna have to ask what did happen?
Not JP, NA.

They made Emiya Alter western appropriate(Aka not blackface) and all Twitter announcement for events/banners, and a large handful of the BIG Tubers are basically acting like they're straight out of /pol/ saying they 'whitewashed' him or that every new update they they do is a 'cover up'.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ya'll should just learn to appreciate Fate.

Fun Fate Fact(aka FFF): did you know Merlin was imprisoned in Avalon for eternity due to being too horny? This means there's quite literally no timeline in which he dies. He also runs a blog by the name of MAGI*MARI while he's there.
Basically, what I'm saying is that it's very possible Mythra Mythra is the Merlin of our timeline.

Highkey disappointed with myself because I haven't given Artoria a ****

yet

D

Deleted member

Not JP, NA.

They made Emiya Alter western appropriate(Aka not blackface) and all Twitter announcement for events/banners, and a large handful of the BIG Tubers are basically acting like they're straight out of /pol/ saying they 'whitewashed' him or that every new update they they do is a 'cover up'.
Oh I had heard about Emiya Alter being made Significantly Less Racist(they even cut some of the ****ty jokes from the script) but I had only seen positive reception to it(which is what it should be because his depiction is a big oof).
But this was like, two months ago when Shinjuku released so why is it now becoming drama?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Noipoi's images remind me about how I ordered a Sobble plush back in March, and the person who's making it still hasn't updated me on it in the slightest.

I'm not mad, considering they got a huge influx of orders around the same time I ordered from them, it's just weird to not hear anything for almost 2 months.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh I had heard about Emiya Alter being made Significantly Less Racist(they even cut some of the ****ty jokes from the script) but I had only seen positive reception to it(which is what it should be because his depiction is a big oof).
But this was like, two months ago when Shinjuku released so why is it now becoming drama?
It's always been drama. To this day whenever the NA Twitter posts about a new event/banner change the Twitter posts are "#UncensorEmiya" and they have the backing of a lot of the big Fate-Tubers like Touhousniper, Shotgun Shogun and G&A reviews who all want Emiya Alter uncensored.

The 'only' civil place about the Emiya debacle has been Reddit, and even there you see people freaking that "Reee slippery slope der gun take our lolis next!"

So I dunno where YOU'VE been hanging out, but the Emiya Alter censorship has been a total ****show to the point that they didn't even hold an official Q&A panel at Sakuracon this year.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Noipoi's images remind me about how I ordered a Sobble plush back in March, and the person who's making it still hasn't updated me on it in the slightest.

I'm not mad, considering they got a huge influx of orders around the same time I ordered from them, it's just weird to not hear anything for almost 2 months.
why are you ordering merchandise for a game that's barely had 1% of its content revealed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't mind me, just dropping a classic banger right quick.

If we ever get a Tekken character in Smash, no matter who it is, Nina's T3 theme would be a great choice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
why are you ordering merchandise for a game that's barely had 1% of its content revealed
Same reason people made a thread for the new Persona chick despite not getting a ton of info on her.

They just really really like it. AND it's from something they already like.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why are you questioning how someone else wants to spend her money?

It's not like Sobble's gonna suddenly get a redesign between now and release.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
il_794xN.1842903721_33xk.jpg

Because the merchandise in question is very high quality for being fanmade.

D

Deleted member

It's always been drama. To this day whenever the NA Twitter posts about a new event/banner change the Twitter posts are "#UncensorEmiya" and they have the backing of a lot of the big Fate-Tubers like Touhousniper, Shotgun Shogun and G&A reviews who all want Emiya Alter uncensored.

The 'only' civil place about the Emiya debacle has been Reddit, and even there you see people freaking that "Reee slippery slope der gun take our lolis next!"
Imagine being a grown adult getting mad at a character being made not racist
So I dunno where YOU'VE been hanging out, but the Emiya Alter censorship has been a total ****show to the point that they didn't even hold an official Q&A panel at Sakuracon this year.
Tumblr. Follow a bunch of Fate blogs and the reaction was pretty much "holy **** thank you" especially as, iirc, the North Korean version had some changes to the rather... skimpy designs of some child characters so there's hope more of the problematic stuff gets altered.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Not waiting for the official plush in November like the rest of us

Also here's another:
sily bunny.jpg

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 213054

Because the merchandise in question is very high quality for being fanmade.
well call me a mothers uncle

also that looks like it would take a long ass time to make

Why are you questioning how someone else wants to spend her money?

It's not like Sobble's gonna suddenly get a redesign between now and release.
because i can? :drshrug: is it suddenly illegal to do it?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
well call me a mothers uncle

also that looks like it would take a long *** time to make
Yeah, that's why I'm not too hung up over it. Plus, the person in question is making plushes of the other two starters for a bunch of other people at the same time, so I expected to wait a while.

Shroob

Sup?
Imagine being a grown adult getting mad at a character being made not racist

Tumblr. Follow a bunch of Fate blogs and the reaction was pretty much "holy **** thank you" especially as, iirc, the North Korean version had some changes to the rather... skimpy designs of some child characters so there's hope more of the problematic stuff gets altered.
Ah, well, that explains it then. Tumblr's pretty void of all 'that' kinda stuff.

Outside of it though? Haha oh it's been a battlefield. I have never seen grown-ass men screech soo damn hard about a mobile game in my life.

And this is why Granblue Fantasy is the best mobile game because there's no drama in the community #paidshill

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, that's why I'm not too hung up over it. Plus, the person in question is making plushes of the other two starters for a bunch of other people at the same time, so I expected to wait a while.
imagine how much bank they make

D

Deleted member

And this is why Granblue Fantasy is the best mobile game because there's no drama in the community #paidshill
I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not considering the recent events on their reddit.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
imagine how much bank they make
The plushes were going for, like, 25-30 when I bought mine (the price has since gone up to 50+ since then, but i dunno how many people have bought one since then), and all three of them sold out in a matter of hours.

So even with the cost of materials, I'd imagine they must be rolling in dough.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not considering the recent events on their reddit.
Okay, that was one time.

And my friend, the guy who originally locked the thread, admitted he should have talked with the staff before it boiled over into, well, that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sigh*

My mother thinks I don't love her is mulling over sending me to a group home for mentally handicapped people because I'm upset she RSVP'd me without asking my permission first to a wedding of someone who's probably a second cousin or something that I've seen like three times in my life and never talked to any of said times, surrounded by her emotionally distant family the vast majority of I have had an equal or lesser amount of contact with, and sugarcoated by staying at a hotel and then visiting a zoo I've been to several times in the past. . .before immediately driving to go visit the OTHER side of my family for Father's Day, which I in turn object to because the wedding alone would emotionally tax me hard enough that I'd immediately just want to crawl home. And she didn't even want to go to the wedding in the first place until she got the idea to take me along and "make a vacation of it."

Her argument is that it would be embarrassing if I didn't come and that she just wants me to spend some time with her instead of being isolated all the time, the former of which I highly doubt since again I hardly know anyone there and none of the people I do know actually care to visit me on their own initiative unless stopping by where I live is a "side trip" while they're doing something they deem more important, and the latter of which I understand and empathize with but really, really doesn't erase all the various concerns I have with this situation. When I brought up that she should explain to people that the reason I backed out was because she RSVP'd her (adult age) daughter without asking, she reacted horrified and said that would be embarrassing. But she literally cannot comprehend how I could possibly be embarrassed at that fact in the privacy of home because apparently the fact that I have some very not adult circumstances going on somehow forfeits my ability to be upset at not being treated like an adult.

She argued with me for like an hour and then went to bed upset and disappointed in me while blaming me for the lack of sleep she's going to get for some church women's group thing she's going to tomorrow morning.

I. . .am I wrong here? I know she wants to spend time with me and I tend to back out of things a whole lot, but part of my problem is that what constitutes "spending time" for her and for me are completely different. I feel like watching TV together is just two people off in their own bubble that just happen to be next to each other, that card games make my presence feel super incidental and you could swap me out with literally anyone because it's half random anyway, and I especially especially don't feel involved with the weddings of distant relatives because it's two hours of sitting around quietly while people you don't know profess their love that has a 50/50 shot of not crashing and burning followed by three hours of sitting at long tables with tablecloths alongside people you don't know while they have conversations about their personal lives you can't possibly contribute to.

I want to have long conversations with her, but they always end in some kind of argument or disagreement (incidentally this situation came up not long after a long conversation itself, which itself had some minor disagreements and comments about how I'm a terrible person for being too stubborn and mean about how librul I am), I want to have outings that DON'T have the baggage of entirely revolving around either people other than us that we mostly don't even know or just going out to buy necessities, I want to play multiplayer video games with her but it hurts her eyes and she doesn't particularly care beside desperately trying to spend time with me anyway, which again I understand and legitimately feel bad about but it's just

Sometimes I just feel alone when I'm in the same room as a person and it just feels easier to not be.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ah, well, that explains it then. Tumblr's pretty void of all 'that' kinda stuff.

Outside of it though? Haha oh it's been a battlefield. I have never seen grown-*** men screech soo damn hard about a mobile game in my life.

He's being completely honest and true

Granblu Fantasy is better than sex #paidshill

We all know the best gacha is the one where I can summon Thanos to inherit Ant-Man skills into him

#faygoshill

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One hope I have for Sword / Shield is that they don't include any new Z-move-esque gimmicks.

Mega Evolutions were a neat idea, giving new powered up takes on old pokemon designs while adding a new dynamic to Competitive team building, even if they were kind of overpowered in the main game.

Z-moves felt kind of like an attempt to recreate that gimmick, but they kind of quickly lost their charm. Didn't help that field trainers only had 1 pokemon each in S/M, rendering Z-moves main counterbalance moot.

But good grief imagine if they added some third gimmick on top of that. And how chaotic would competitive be with Z-moves, Megas, and uh, I dunno, one-time "Gun Forms" or something running around?

Shroob

Sup?
I'd kinda be fine without Z-Moves and Mega Forms, ngl.

Like, I know they basically have to include them in every game going forward now, but, I've never liked Megas or how they warp the game around them.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One hope I have for Sword / Shield is that they don't include any new Z-move-esque gimmicks.

Mega Evolutions were a neat idea, giving new powered up takes on old pokemon designs while adding a new dynamic to Competitive team building, even if they were kind of overpowered in the main game.

Z-moves felt kind of like an attempt to recreate that gimmick, but they kind of quickly lost their charm. Didn't help that field trainers only had 1 pokemon each in S/M, rendering Z-moves main counterbalance moot.

But good grief imagine if they added some third gimmick on top of that. And how chaotic would competitive be with Z-moves, Megas, and uh, I dunno, one-time "Gun Forms" or something running around?
My main problem with these "gimmicks" is that they're never properly utilized outside of the game they premiere in.

Mega Evolutions were only an important thing in X & Y, and Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire tried to do SOMETHING with them, but it didn't really compare.

Then Mega Evolutions are just thrown out the window, and replaced with Z-moves and Alolan Forms. As the name implies, Alolan Forms only happen in Alola, so they can't introduce any new ones outside of Sun & Moon. And I guarantee Z-moves are just gonna be a neat little gimmick you get in the aftergame of Sword & Shield to make way for whatever new gimmick they decide to shill for this game only.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Outside of it though? Haha oh it's been a battlefield. I have never seen grown-*** men screech soo damn hard about a mobile game in my life.

He's being completely honest and true

Granblu Fantasy is better than sex #paidshill
Shills are by definition paid, tho

Unless someone's using the GameFAQs definition, but people on GameFAQs use the term for stupid reasons and kinda twinge my "tap a guy's teeth broadside with a spoon" impulse.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly like Z-Moves more than I like Megas.

Z-Moves are a one-time super nuke which, I dunno, I've always felt like it feels like a natural progression in a game where you have moves that have critical hits.

Megas though are just.... bleh. There are so many Pokemon who didn't need theme that only got them because they were popular, and soo many popular Pokemon that didn't get them at all. I hate saying it but Megas really are the closest to Digimon that Pokemon's ever become.

If they were more balanced but, usually it's just "SLAP 100 EXTRA BST ON EM AND PUT EM IN THEIR BEST STATS"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I honestly like Z-Moves more than I like Megas.

Z-Moves are a one-time super nuke which, I dunno, I've always felt like it feels like a natural progression in a game where you have moves that have critical hits.

Megas though are just.... bleh. There are so many Pokemon who didn't need theme that only got them because they were popular, and soo many popular Pokemon that didn't get them at all. I hate saying it but Megas really are the closest to Digimon that Pokemon's ever become.

If they were more balanced but, usually it's just "SLAP 100 EXTRA BST ON EM AND PUT EM IN THEIR BEST STATS"
yeah but you know gen 8 is gonna ditch megas and z-moves for another new gimmick entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom