• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Gotta say, I am so beyond hyped for Persona 5 Scramble, I love Musuo games and hope this follows the Warriors games more then Dragon Quest Heroes did..I also wonder if it'll be only P5 characters or throw in P3 & P4 or even P1-4 characters..regardless, here's my hopes if we get 16 base roster characters and 3 DLC characters like in Hyrule Warriors.

Persona 5
Joker
Skull/Ryuji
Panther/Ann
Mona/Morgana
Fox/Yusuke
Queen/Makoto
Noir/Haru

Persona 4
Yu Narukami
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Yukiko Amagi
Teddie

Persona 3
Makoto Yuuki
Aigis
Mitsuru Kirijo
Akihiko Sanada

DLC Characters
Yukari Takeba (P3)
Naoto Shirogane (P4)
Crow/Akechi (P5)

If More DLC Characters Come
Labrys (P4A) (Technically a P3 character)
Kanji Tatsumi (P4)
Kasumi Yoshizawa (P5R)
Hold-Up-621x330 (1).jpg

There are some problems here.

For one, all the Phantom Thieves are going to be base. They'd be stupid not to include Akechi since he's such a popular character. Kasumi is more questionable given we don't know when this game was developed, but given how Koei were able to incorporate Celica and Lyn into Fire Emblem Warriors I'm pretty sure she'll be in as well. If P5 gets DLC characters the only one I could think of would be the Twins unless they want to incorporate the Social Links. If they do, the sky's the limit there really. Regardless, Persona 5 is the focus.

I'd say the P4 team is more likely to be base than the P3 team, whereas P3 seems more likely to be DLC, but that's just me.

Shroob

Sup?
yeah but you know gen 8 is gonna ditch megas and z-moves for another new gimmick entirely
Oh it definitely will.

I just wish Game Freak would have the cahones to actually drop ideas between Gens though.

I'm fine with whatever Gen 8's gimmick is, but whatever it is ALONGSIDE Megas and Z-Moves is going to be disgusting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
*sigh*

My mother thinks I don't love her is mulling over sending me to a group home for mentally handicapped people because I'm upset she RSVP'd me without asking my permission first to a wedding of someone who's probably a second cousin or something that I've seen like three times in my life and never talked to any of said times, surrounded by her emotionally distant family the vast majority of I have had an equal or lesser amount of contact with, and sugarcoated by staying at a hotel and then visiting a zoo I've been to several times in the past. . .before immediately driving to go visit the OTHER side of my family for Father's Day, which I in turn object to because the wedding alone would emotionally tax me hard enough that I'd immediately just want to crawl home. And she didn't even want to go to the wedding in the first place until she got the idea to take me along and "make a vacation of it."

Her argument is that it would be embarrassing if I didn't come and that she just wants me to spend some time with her instead of being isolated all the time, the former of which I highly doubt since again I hardly know anyone there and none of the people I do know actually care to visit me on their own initiative unless stopping by where I live is a "side trip" while they're doing something they deem more important, and the latter of which I understand and empathize with but really, really doesn't erase all the various concerns I have with this situation. When I brought up that she should explain to people that the reason I backed out was because she RSVP'd her (adult age) daughter without asking, she reacted horrified and said that would be embarrassing. But she literally cannot comprehend how I could possibly be embarrassed at that fact in the privacy of home because apparently the fact that I have some very not adult circumstances going on somehow forfeits my ability to be upset at not being treated like an adult.

She argued with me for like an hour and then went to bed upset and disappointed in me while blaming me for the lack of sleep she's going to get for some church women's group thing she's going to tomorrow morning.

I. . .am I wrong here? I know she wants to spend time with me and I tend to back out of things a whole lot, but part of my problem is that what constitutes "spending time" for her and for me are completely different. I feel like watching TV together is just two people off in their own bubble that just happen to be next to each other, that card games make my presence feel super incidental and you could swap me out with literally anyone because it's half random anyway, and I especially especially don't feel involved with the weddings of distant relatives because it's two hours of sitting around quietly while people you don't know profess their love that has a 50/50 shot of not crashing and burning followed by three hours of sitting at long tables with tablecloths alongside people you don't know while they have conversations about their personal lives you can't possibly contribute to.

I want to have long conversations with her, but they always end in some kind of argument or disagreement (incidentally this situation came up not long after a long conversation itself, which itself had some minor disagreements and comments about how I'm a terrible person for being too stubborn and mean about how librul I am), I want to have outings that DON'T have the baggage of entirely revolving around either people other than us that we mostly don't even know or just going out to buy necessities, I want to play multiplayer video games with her but it hurts her eyes and she doesn't particularly care beside desperately trying to spend time with me anyway, which again I understand and legitimately feel bad about but it's just

Sometimes I just feel alone when I'm in the same room as a person and it just feels easier to not be.
That's rough bud

Hope it works out for you

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah man **** Z moves.
Why the **** should I be scared when I'm switching in my hard-counter, that's BULL-CRAP.

Megas suck too, but at least I got Mega Garchomp and Mega Charizard X designs from that and those are cool.
Otherwise **** em too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh it definitely will.

I just wish Game Freak would have the cahones to actually drop ideas between Gens though.

I'm fine with whatever Gen 8's gimmick is, but whatever it is ALONGSIDE Megas and Z-Moves is going to be disgusting.
sword and shield dude, attack and defense

the gimmick is the ability to swap (sp) attack and (sp) defense for totally epic new material

i for one welcome the new :213: meta

Shroob

Sup?
Nah man **** Z moves.
Why the **** should I be scared when I'm switching in my hard-counter, that's BULL-CRAP.

Megas suck too, but at least I got Mega Garchomp and Mega Charizard X designs from that and those are cool.
Otherwise **** em too.
The irony here is regular Garchomp is straight up better than Mega Garchomp.

Garchomp was already perfection that slapping a Mega on him made him worse.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Played a little bit more into Torna

Woooooow

Just

I’m mad they aren’t making any more DLCs.
I'm mad Torna wasn't the original XC2 game because man oh boy don't get me started on that

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 213056

There are some problems here.

For one, all the Phantom Thieves are going to be base. They'd be stupid not to include Akechi since he's such a popular character. Kasumi is more questionable given we don't know when this game was developed, but given how Koei were able to incorporate Celica and Lyn into Fire Emblem Warriors I'm pretty sure she'll be in as well. If P5 gets DLC characters the only one I could think of would be the Twins unless they want to incorporate the Social Links. If they do, the sky's the limit there really. Regardless, Persona 5 is the focus.

I'd say the P4 team is more likely to be base than the P3 team, whereas P3 seems more likely to be DLC, but that's just me.
Well, I can see some P3 characters being prioritized if Shadow Ops shows up, but that depends on how the story will go. I hope they'll include them because it seems like the perfect opportunity.

Shroob

Sup?

the gimmick is the ability to swap (sp) attack and (sp) defense for totally epic new material

Aw hell nah I ain't playing a game where every Pokemon is Aegislash.

**** Aegislash.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Played a little bit more into Torna

Woooooow

Just

I’m mad they aren’t making any more DLCs.
Welcome on the Torna Train AND the Feel Train at the same time!

Enjoy the ride, because you know what will happen at the end.
70f.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The irony here is regular Garchomp is straight up better than Mega Garchomp.

Garchomp was already perfection that slapping a Mega on him made him worse.
****in -10 speed...

At least I can run him on my gimmick sandstorm team.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like Z-Moves simply for in-story purposes. ****ing up Guzma or Lusamine after they were talking **** is funny.

I do think they should bring back megas for Pokemon that need them though, and I hope they don't make another gimmick.

Also more regional variants, those are cool.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, I can see some P3 characters being prioritized if Shadow Ops shows up, but that depends on how the story will go. I hope they'll include them because it seems like the perfect opportunity.
I hope they include Mitsuru and Yukari, because I just love those two, but if it came down to it, their #1 priority should be Minato. Not just because he's the P3 protag, but because the fact that he can wield multiple weapon classes would make for a hella cool moveset.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just want a generation without a fancy power up gimmick now

Gen 5 didn't have one and BW2 is one of the best entries regarding gameplay with a decent story

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There were a lot of cool and totally deserved megas to though. Mega Sableye is one of my favorites to this day.

I actually wish they kept trickling them out, but something tells me we're still not going to see any Mega Flygons in Sword / Shield either.

...And yes, I am aware of the "armored forms" rumor and no I don't believe it in the slightest.

Can't wait to sweep with that incredible base 20 speed stat.

Power Trip already exists by the way, and yes, Shuckle can learn it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*sigh*

My mother thinks I don't love her is mulling over sending me to a group home for mentally handicapped people because I'm upset she RSVP'd me without asking my permission first to a wedding of someone who's probably a second cousin or something that I've seen like three times in my life and never talked to any of said times, surrounded by her emotionally distant family the vast majority of I have had an equal or lesser amount of contact with, and sugarcoated by staying at a hotel and then visiting a zoo I've been to several times in the past. . .before immediately driving to go visit the OTHER side of my family for Father's Day, which I in turn object to because the wedding alone would emotionally tax me hard enough that I'd immediately just want to crawl home. And she didn't even want to go to the wedding in the first place until she got the idea to take me along and "make a vacation of it."

Her argument is that it would be embarrassing if I didn't come and that she just wants me to spend some time with her instead of being isolated all the time, the former of which I highly doubt since again I hardly know anyone there and none of the people I do know actually care to visit me on their own initiative unless stopping by where I live is a "side trip" while they're doing something they deem more important, and the latter of which I understand and empathize with but really, really doesn't erase all the various concerns I have with this situation. When I brought up that she should explain to people that the reason I backed out was because she RSVP'd her (adult age) daughter without asking, she reacted horrified and said that would be embarrassing. But she literally cannot comprehend how I could possibly be embarrassed at that fact in the privacy of home because apparently the fact that I have some very not adult circumstances going on somehow forfeits my ability to be upset at not being treated like an adult.

She argued with me for like an hour and then went to bed upset and disappointed in me while blaming me for the lack of sleep she's going to get for some church women's group thing she's going to tomorrow morning.

I. . .am I wrong here? I know she wants to spend time with me and I tend to back out of things a whole lot, but part of my problem is that what constitutes "spending time" for her and for me are completely different. I feel like watching TV together is just two people off in their own bubble that just happen to be next to each other, that card games make my presence feel super incidental and you could swap me out with literally anyone because it's half random anyway, and I especially especially don't feel involved with the weddings of distant relatives because it's two hours of sitting around quietly while people you don't know profess their love that has a 50/50 shot of not crashing and burning followed by three hours of sitting at long tables with tablecloths alongside people you don't know while they have conversations about their personal lives you can't possibly contribute to.

I want to have long conversations with her, but they always end in some kind of argument or disagreement (incidentally this situation came up not long after a long conversation itself, which itself had some minor disagreements and comments about how I'm a terrible person for being too stubborn and mean about how librul I am), I want to have outings that DON'T have the baggage of entirely revolving around either people other than us that we mostly don't even know or just going out to buy necessities, I want to play multiplayer video games with her but it hurts her eyes and she doesn't particularly care beside desperately trying to spend time with me anyway, which again I understand and legitimately feel bad about but it's just

Sometimes I just feel alone when I'm in the same room as a person and it just feels easier to not be.
I don't mean to sound sappy but there's going to be one of these days well down the road where you wish you had just watched TV with someone, or went to a random event with someone, or just sat and had them as company, hell you'll even miss having those arguments you mention. This happened with my Great Grandad. I'd often turn down going fishing, or hunting, or even just coming over for dinner because I had "more important things to do" and in hindsight there is so much I would give just to have one more fishing trip, one more hunting trip, one more memory with such a wonderful man.

This may not matter to you and it may end up being an utter ****ing nightmare for you, but every once in a while you just gotta look into someones eyes and ask yourself, "how would I feel if you weren't here right now? If you were gone tomorrow?" If you're happy and satisfied with the time you've spent with that person then I applaud you. If you think you'll regret it sometime down the line though? Just suck it up and do it. If you go just spend time with her. She's the one that actually cares about you. She's proud of you. She just just wants to show you off to everyone else.

Got kind of mushy there, sorry. Obviously you should do what you want. You should do whatever you think is best. I don't mean to say you're wrong but I know what it's like to have regrets after losing someone and it's not a good feeling. Even if you don't lose them for another 100 years, every moment counts.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Nah man **** Z moves.

Otherwise **** em too.
That's the issue, they should drop Both gimmicks but I don't want to lose the good mega designs

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me, when the game allowed me to fully control Mythra for the first time in Torna

Ivander

Smash Legend
Missed the Three Houses talk. Honestly I don't think there's gonna be a child unit system this time. It's possible I'm wrong, but pretty much the one thing that everyone agrees with about Fates is that the implementation of the child system was really stupid. When it comes to a second generation, there are pretty much two options, and both have been done before. A time skip, which Genealogy of the Holy War did, and time travel, which Awakening did.

"Honeymooning in a pocket dimension where time flows faster to allow you to bypass the nine month wait time before you can pop out some babies, abandon them in said dimension until they're adults in just a few minutes in your own timeline, and then pick them up like a 30-minutes-or-less pizza right in the middle of a war" was clearly not a viable option. Even the Fates child characters, outside of a few exceptions, are nowhere near as popular as Awakening's.

Plus they're already introducing a ton of new features, but a lot of the older features are specifically based off of Shadows of Valentia, the one 3DS game without a child character system. Granted, that's mostly because it's a remake of a game with not only a small cast, but a small cast with tons of canonical pairings already. But Three Houses has even seemingly ditched Pair Up as a mechanic, so Awakening/Fates styled mechanics are pretty much no-shows in general.

So honestly I'm not expecting a child system this time. Paired endings I'm still banking on though, since those are pretty much a series staple now.
As much as I feel like there is the possibility of no children, "Time" is involved apparently, when you look at how the protagonist can manipulate time with the Mila Wheel-like mechanic and whatnot. Knowing the possibility, we could always end up in the future at some point and see our student's kids.
Don't think too much about it. We know it doesn't represent who you are. Have some Moomin to ease you up.

I legit have no idea what happened as I don't follow FGO JP too closely so I'm gonna have to ask what did happen?
Most likely talking about Emiya Alter, where people are ticked for him being lightened, saying his skin was a result of using his magic circuits so much, DESPITE the fact that his artist even admitted that he was meant to look like a specific kind of prisoner And Even regretted it later. And it was definitely certified more in the JP version, when Tamamo Cat even calls him "Detroit" Emiya(Over here, Tamamo Cat calls him Edgy Emiya/Edgymiya). Regardless, didn't stop some people from complaining and even using Assassin Emiya as a reason why he shouldn't have been changed.

That being said, there were people who did want Emiya Alter to be lightened/changed. However, some thought the main concern was his lips, as they were still rather whitened even after the recolor. So some people were disappointed when it was just his skin that was lightened and that the lips weren't changed, but as some people pointed that it's possible that they weren't allowed to change his lips, for some reason.
Some people thought he was even lighter than Emiya at one point, but as it was revealed, they actually made his tan the exact same color as regular Emiya, so some people's thoughts did die down once that was cleared.

That said, I don't have a problem with the lightened color, because honestly, if they were thinking about bringing Grand Order to the West when Alter was being made, they should've thought ahead at how people in the West would've reacted. The fact that the artist regretted drawing him like that later is another point against it.
Anyway, they did mention that there is another character being censored. Abigail Williams. Most likely her 3rd Ascension and maybe her 2nd Ascension.
https://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_profile.php?servant=195 - Linking due to Lots of skin.
It really doesn't take rocket science to know Why she's being censored(although it furthers the question of why wasn't Assassin Jack the Ripper censored), especially when she's Part Lovecraftian Entity.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't mean to sound sappy but there's going to be one of these days well down the road where you wish you had just watched TV with someone, or went to a random event with someone, or just sat and had them as company, hell you'll even miss having those arguments you mention. This happened with my Great Grandad. I'd often turn down going fishing, or hunting, or even just coming over for dinner because I had "more important things to do" and in hindsight there is so much I would give just to have one more fishing trip, one more hunting trip, one more memory with such a wonderful man.

This may not matter to you and it may end up being an utter ****ing nightmare for you, but every once in a while you just gotta look into someones eyes and ask yourself, "how would I feel if you weren't here right now? If you were gone tomorrow?" If you're happy and satisfied with the time you've spent with that person then I applaud you. If you think you'll regret it sometime down the line though? Just suck it up and do it. If you go just spend time with her. She's the one that actually cares about you. She's proud of you. She just just wants to show you off to everyone else.

Got kind of mushy there, sorry. Obviously you should do what you want. You should do whatever you think is best. I don't mean to say you're wrong but I know what it's like to have regrets after losing someone and it's not a good feeling. Even if you don't lose them for another 100 years, every moment counts.
Oh yeah

My grandpa used to take me and my cousins out every weekend, and eventually I just decided to skip the trips for months on end. He's fine, but he's moved away now so those trips aren't exactly feasible except for occasional visits.

Maybe it's just my insane nostalgia though. I get nostalgic for things that happened a month ago :laugh:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They're never going to drop megas. They're treated almost like their own species, in design and in marketing. Lots of people will even list mega forms amongst their favorite species.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, they do that already. The issue is they drop the ones that are unanimously praised.

Like the Battle Frontier.
Or Pokémon walking behind you.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Don't think too much about it. We know it doesn't represent who you are. Have some Moomin to ease you up.

I legit have no idea what happened as I don't follow FGO JP too closely so I'm gonna have to ask what did happen?
Oh **** that takes me way back

Shroob

Sup?
Like, Garchomp and Tyranitar, as much as I love those(I'm a sand ******, sue me)

Did NOT need Megas.

Mega Chomp is just straight up worse and Tyranitar's is......just 'ok'.

Salamence and Metagross I'm neutral on. Salamence still looks stupid and no matter how edgy you make it with "ITS WINGS ARE DYED RED WITH ITS TRAINERS BLOOD" will make me like it.

And Mega Metagross just looks like 2 Metagross A2M.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Oh, they do that already. The issue is they drop the ones that are unanimously praised.

Difference: they'll drop parts of the game, but never any combat-elements

Unfortunately

Noipoi

Howdy!

I swear to God if they drop Regional Variants i'll be so disappointed

They're so good

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Like, Garchomp and Tyranitar, as much as I love those(I'm a sand ******, sue me)

Did NOT need Megas.

Mega Chomp is just straight up worse and Tyranitar's is......just 'ok'.

Salamence and Metagross I'm neutral on. Salamence still looks stupid and no matter how edgy you make it with "ITS WINGS ARE DYED RED WITH ITS TRAINERS BLOOD" will make me like it.

r/2metagrossirl4metagrossirl

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Los Malos strikes!
Torna: The Golden Country : Aka Malos dabbed so hard he destroyed a whole titan by himself.

Also, lots of T-Poses
Dpab_9rUcAAwVc6.jpg

Lots of T-Poses
Me, when the game allowed me to fully control Mythra for the first time in Torna
Me, when the game didn't allow me to play Malos at any point.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My favorite is Mega Charizard X because now I can hit the ************ with earthquake just cause people like “g’hurr he dragon now”

Also it’s very late so I may a little bit more coarse so sorry in advance

Also my real favorite is Mega Gallade

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope they include Mitsuru and Yukari, because I just love those two, but if it came down to it, their #1 priority should be Minato. Not just because he's the P3 protag, but because the fact that he can wield multiple weapon classes would make for a hella cool moveset.
I'd love Mitsuru and Yukari, but I'm not sure if I want them to bring Minato back, unless it's time travel shenanigans like PQ.

What really would be cool, however, is Teddie and Aegis, because I want to see their full fighting abilities in 3D.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean to be fair, that makes total sense.

Canonically, a Metang is too Beldum fused together, and a Metagross is two fused Metang. Mega Metagross looking like two fused Metagross is the logical progression, I feel.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
My favorite is Mega Charizard X because now I can hit the ************ with earthquake just cause people like “g’hurr he dragon now”

Also it’s very late so I may a little bit more coarse so sorry in advance

Also my real favorite is Mega Gallade
My favourite is Mega Gallade too.

Call me edgy but they straight up gave one of my top5 favourite mons a cape! Can't go wrong there

D

Deleted member

*sigh*

No I wouldn't say that you're wrong nor would I say that your mother is wrong from the sounds of it she just wants to hang out with you but you two disagree about the way of doing so.

Sure the way she reacted isn't very kind at all and you could argue for that being the wrong thing to do which in this instance it is but this all seems to stem from both of you wanting to hang out with each other but you two have very different definitions on hanging out with each other and what way to do so.

Sure the RSVP thing isn't very good at all and would be considered a bad thing, Cause it is but it seems like she's doing that cause she wants to hang out with you. She seems to have good intentions but she's going about it in a wrong way.

And I don't think you're doing anything wrong at all you don't want to go to that thing and there's nothing wrong with that though I sincerely hope everything gets better for you! Good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom