• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Question:

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 10.15.53 PM.png

How does this happen?

Doing a random for funsies HG sim right now and I get this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
you can be a hypocrite and correct at the same time

I’ve pretty much mastered that art personally, by giving people advice that I never take

D

Deleted member

I feel like Endgame is going to be a really good movie, but not as good as infinity war.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think cap and black widow have the highest death chance. Both make sense. I don’t see more then one perma death though.
ok so here's the deal

i, just like everyone else, think that cap is by far the most likely of the big three

his character doesn't really have anywhere to go. his arc is done and unlike tony or thor he doesn't really have any lasting obligations like pepper or rebuilding asgard

HOWEVER

by being the most likely, cap may also be the least llikely because it's the goddamn russos

for all we know it's gonna be like

clint or nat

**** maybe even banner since endgame is apparently the end of the hulk's 3-movie arc

so really...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Iirc hulk has one more movie deal after endgame

Noipoi

Howdy!
As a major Pixar fan, Good Dinosaur was kind of a letdown for me. I always wanted Pixar to tackle dinosaurs though, so I might've set my expectations too high. Inside Out being their previous release didn't help either.

I'd still consider it a good (heh) movie, but not Pixar good (there is a difference).
I'm just mad because the concept was radical.

The meteor that killed the dinosaurs never happened, and they were allowed to become intelligent? Leaving Humans as the animals? That's bad ass!
Sure it's been done before, but this is Pixar! They could have done something amazing with this!

But no, it's just good.

Inside Out is amazing though.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Has anyone here mentioned this weird new Joker glitch?

Sorry for the Japanese text and stuff. Basically, just do Joker's FS from the Camera Controls Menu, after the cinematic the camera goes wild.

D

Deleted member

Endgame is Chris Evans last movie for the MCU.
there are ways to "kill" a character without killing a character

maybe he rejects his "can never live without a war" philosophy and retires

maybe he gets thrown back in time back to the 40s to live a life with peggy

maybe he gets turned back into skinny chris evans or some ****

maybe maybe maybe
Aren’t they planning on a Black Widow solo film?
it's a prequel according to rumors

which is good because nat has a super interesting past. i wanna see where that red in her ledger came from

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
actually Gamora bitting the dust permanently is my bet.
Temporary maybe. I recall according to Gunn that Guardians 3 is suppose to focus on her and my theory on the plot will be an determined Quill trying everything in his power to find a way to bring her back despite the others convincing him to move on.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm just mad because the concept was radical.

The meteor that killed the dinosaurs never happened, and they were allowed to become intelligent? Leaving Humans as the animals? That's bad ***!
Sure it's been done before, but this is Pixar! They could have done something amazing with this!

But no, it's just good.

Inside Out is amazing though.
It seems like a setup that was an excuse to have an intelligent dinosaur team up with a feral human rather than an exploration of a high concept.

If only.... :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't think of a single popular work of fiction that can't be broken down into common tropes.

I could say that Star Wars is just The Hero's Journey in space, but that'd undermine all that made it special.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
D

Deleted member

Temporary maybe. I recall according to Gunn that Guardians 3 is suppose to focus on her and my theory on the plot will be an determined Quill trying everything in his power to find a way to bring her back despite the others convincing him to move on.
that would be sad and emotional and tearjerking and would have an overarching theme about moving on

it's awful and would make me cry

i love it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cap being sent to the 40s to live out his life would be a pretty wild twist

Noipoi

Howdy!
It seems like a setup that was an excuse to have an intelligent dinosaur team up with a feral human rather than an exploration of a high concept.

If only.... :yoshi:
Even that would have been cool if they explored the concept while developing this friendship.

This is one of those times where I think a remake is warranted.

D

Deleted member

Dead for good:
-Black Widow
-Captain America
-Loki (If he turns out alive)
-Nebula
-War Machine (If Tony lives)

Temporary dead only:
Drax (Returns at some point in new and more powerful body as homage to his original comic origin)
Gamora (Comes back in Guardians 3 being the focal point)

50/50:
Tony Stark

Just to go over it again is all.
Highly Likely deaths:
-Captain America
-War Machine (If Tony Lives, Like you said)
-Black Widow

Probable Deaths:
-Hawkeye
Tony Stark
Nebula
-Hulk

No way:
-Ant-Man
-Rocket

But the real question is, Who is survivng and who will return after being dusted?
I don't copy stuff.
People post things faster than I do.
That sounds like something someone who copies people would say.

I've seen you copy someone twice today, Do better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cap being sent to the 40s to live out his life would be a pretty wild twist
As original as that would be I'd rather it not happen. Endgame is about war and in war there's sacrifice. We need a few characters to die to represent that and Cap is a perfect example of it. He's a man lost in time who everyday feels out of place in the time he lives in and it'd be a perfect character conclusion to his character.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ha! That reminds me of this girl I was out with. I joked about asking "Will you marry me" and she took it seriously and went "I think we should spend some time apart," and I was like, "Wait seriously?" It happened over text too so you know this was for the cringe highlight.
Yep, texting is quite the minefield for sarcasm. :x

Once in a chat that actually wasn't going too badly a guy told me I was a 7/10. Shockingly, there was no in-person clarification to follow. :laugh:

Yeah, I don't want to say it's not a coincidence, but I often see Shiny post a comment that is just a rearranged version of another comment above.
I just chalk that up to his algorithm learning.

D

Deleted member

That doesn’t make sense lol
yeah it's a plot hole but honestly i prefer it over scarjo trying to be a fake russian

she's a damn good widow but i have zero faith that her trying to use a russian accent would end up being anywhere near decent

D

Deleted member

ok so here's the deal

i, just like everyone else, think that cap is by far the most likely of the big three

his character doesn't really have anywhere to go. his arc is done and unlike tony or thor he doesn't really have any lasting obligations like pepper or rebuilding asgard

HOWEVER

by being the most likely, cap may also be the least llikely because it's the goddamn russos

clint or nat

**** maybe even banner since endgame is apparently the end of the hulk's 3-movie arc

so really...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Big brained people theorize that Thanos will just win again and kill the rest of the universe. It's written in stone, y'all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe they do the plotline where Falcon becomes the next Cap?
Since were getting the show “Falcon and Winter Soldier”...doubt we’ll be getting either as the new Cap anytime soon
Gwenyth paltrow and yes. She could still don the rescue armor though
That’s how Gwynyth should end her full time appearance as Pepper
ok so here's the deal

HOWEVER

clint or nat

so really...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly Stark also has nothing really left to do, so he’s still on equal footing as Cap. Sure Steve could continue leading the Avengers and Stark can be a part timer who helps out Spidey and whoever will make the New New Avengers...but that isn’t really enough for either

Thor has a lot to do, as does the Hulk, and Natasha is only just being realized as someone who can actually have her everything established and developed some more

Hawkeye has a Disney+ show in development, probably gonna retire soon while training Kate Bishop

Then there’s Nick Fury...literally only needs to continue the Ultimate Spider-Man and Captain Marvel connections while running S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Avengers though...if the heroes on Disney+ aren’t gonna be apart of the team, we’d still have the following

Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Wasp
Thor (unless he decides to focus mainly on New Asgard, otherwise Jane Foster Thor or Valkyrie can take his place)
Black Panther (and maybe Shuri)
Hulk
Black Widow (if she stays)
War Machine
maybe Spider-Man (school is a bigger priority)

And finally Spider-Man...who has way too much **** possible for him so that’s all he needs for an explanation
As original as that would be I'd rather it not happen. Endgame is about war and in war there's sacrifice. We need a few characters to die to represent that and Cap is a perfect example of it. He's a man lost in time who everyday feels out of place in the time he lives in and it'd be a perfect character conclusion to his character.
Well AoU already made a hint of sorts that Cap will get that one last dance with Peggy, so...it’s a pretty high possibility if he doesn’t die nor stays in the present

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t get why people think war machine has to die.

Death should serve a narrative purpose and matter or pull heart strings.

And honestly would be upset if war machine died? Sure it would affect Tony, but I feel cap would be a bigger impact due to their relationship and caps connection with tony’s family.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well AoU already made a hint of sorts that Cap will get that one last dance with Peggy, so...it’s a pretty high possibility if he doesn’t die nor stays in the present
Even then there still will be other deaths so ain't like the theme wouldn't happen anyways.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Has anyone here mentioned this weird new Joker glitch?

Sorry for the Japanese text and stuff. Basically, just do Joker's FS from the Camera Controls Menu, after the cinematic the camera goes wild.
The part with Pokemon Stadium and Onett makes me so wish that was a camera option. I love the angle.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
yeah it's a plot hole but honestly i prefer it over scarjo trying to be a fake russian

she's a damn good widow but i have zero faith that her trying to use a russian accent would end up being anywhere near decent
Good thing in the MCU eastern European accents seem to be optional.

D

Deleted member

anyways if anyone picks up the shield it should be bucky

he doesn't exactly have the best pr so seeing someone like him pick up the mantle and struggle to be the hero and inspiration steve was would be some powerful ****

granted both buck and sam have a tv series coming up so i doubt any of 'em are gonna be cap anytime soon

though if the series involves them chilling with the shield and passing it around to do cool **** every now and then

would be pretty dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom