• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
bro i got no clue

i'm not the one teaching a class there

with how the garbage our school system can be, though?

probably
I suppose its not really possible to combat something like that anyways

my school had an issue with people vaping in the bathrooms, so the administration tried to ban people from going to the bathroom during class. Turns out that doesn't really work well

D

Deleted member

If said tropes weren't overused as they are in these films I wouldn't have such a problem with them. God forbid Pixar/Disney can't do anything new or different for once.
You know Moana doesnt do any villain twist like that nor Inside Out or the Good Dinosaur right? And those are relatively recent movies.

D

Deleted member

Those overused tropes and Disney/Pixar not trying to do anything new or different for once is why I've stopped watching their animated films. I've since moved onto Laika.

Missing Link as far as I recall didn't have any overused tropes and even had a villain from the get-go like the good ol' classic villains back in the 90s.

Take notes Disney/Pixar!
missing link is so good. truly the peak of animation and animated films. i can't wait for people to wake up and realize how good laika is. missing link will slay the disney beast
Screenshot_2019-04-22-21-51-32~2.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I had enough internet for today.

There's an entry on KYM that pairs Shadow and Shrek.

Save yourselves!

D

Deleted member

that is the boldest of assumptions

my sister teaches an after school class at an hs and the mfs aren't even allowed to bring their phones into the bathroom because kids **** in there
You know this reminds me back in my high school, there was a literal ban on water bottles because some dumbass snuck alcohol for his friends to drink via one. Only one teacher actually enforced the ban and threatened to send me to the principle's office. I was trying so hard not to laugh when she was just doing her job. It was

However, since no one actually followed the rule, it quietly died off.
That’s kinda sad.
I never saw those chicks again after I graduated so **** 'em for all I care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
missing link is so good. truly the peak of animation and animated films. i can't wait for people to wake up and realize how good laika is. missing link will slay the disney beast
View attachment 211496
That was because of poor marketing. For reasons unknown Laika doesn't tend to market their movies very well.

They may bomb in the box office but otherwise do well in people's hearts. Its a shame really...:(

Roberk

Smash Champion
If said tropes weren't overused as they are in these films I wouldn't have such a problem with them. God forbid Pixar/Disney can't do anything new or different for once.
>Pixar doesn’t do anything new
I mean, Pixar is a pioneer of the animation industry. I think they do tons of new things, from life-like 3D animation (have you seen that cat in the Toy Story 4 trailer? It’s insane) to making films with Mexican and Polynesian protagonists/settings (cultures rarely seen or at least shown in a positive light in mainstream media).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Even if Toy story 4 turns out to be a masterpiece, i'm not gonna watch it.

Toy story 3 had such a perfect ending that I don't want any more movies in it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know Moana doesnt do any villain twist like that nor Inside Out or the Good Dinosaur right? And those are relatively recent movies.
It did have the usual pre-climax argument tho and I figured the goddess being was the lava being from the beginning so technically counts as Twist Villain.

That's what I also loved about The Good Dinosaur. Shame it was a bomb tho. Also a reason why I want to give Inside Out a watch.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It did have the usual pre-climax argument tho and I figured the goddess being was the lava being from the beginning so technically counts as Twist Villain.

That's what I also loved about The Good Dinosaur. Shame it was a bomb tho. Also a reason why I want to give Inside Out a watch.
The Pre-Climax fallout is so the protagonist is in a dark place before they get themselves together and save the day. It's basic story telling 101.

D

Deleted member

You mean you haven’t seen them since graduating so far.
If I did, I wouldn't give a ****. Some of my classmates go to the same university as me, but good luck getting me to sit down with them over anything. I just don't care.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Pre-Climax fallout is so the protagonist is in a dark place before they get themselves together and save the day. It's basic story telling 101.
But not every film needs to have it is my point. Missing Link shows it didn't need that and as someone said Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly while Toy Story 4 is a bit uneccessary, I dont think its fair to judge its quality just yet. It could a good entry to the series.

Thats the pretty much stretching the definition of twist villain and more like a twist regarding the origins of the villain. So they resort to purifying the villain to win, you're reaching and overgeneralizing Disney for your arguments.

D

Deleted member

Man

Having sex in a public place, like a school, is basically my number one fantasy. I'm so ****ing jealous smh

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ugh I'm sorry guys...I have no excuse to keep repeating myself about complaining about this stuff. Just bored is all awaiting for next DLC...Don't know how I can make it all up to you...:(

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thats the pretty much stretching the definition of twist villain and more like a twist regarding the origins of the villain. So they resort to purifying the villain to win, you're reaching and overgeneralizing Disney for your arguments.
It's the classic move. Argue your point, but also twist and change everything about the opposing point so that it sounds completely awful, no matter what, so you're more comfortable sitting with your opinion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Our slow dance was amazing. We literally did not make eye contact once.
I'm retroactively cringing.

I remember once I had to friendzone a guy at his cottage... and then spend the rest of the weekend there. Not since I accidentally fell into a campfire had my desire to walk into the ocean and stay there been so great.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
woah woah hey

let's keep it PG
Let’s not get all Rated R...like our boy Xavier Woods (WWE references are always good)
You heard me
I hope you don't mean it in a sexual way, isn't she like 40 years old?
I’ll mean it in every way people want it to be imagined
oh god...oh ****
Man

Having sex in a public place, like a school, is basically my number one fantasy. I'm so ****ing jealous smh
let’s not get this place locked down again

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Brelooming Disaster
I'm begging ya.
Think before you speak.
I get what you're going for here, but also, this is the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, and it makes you look petty.

D

Deleted member

Ugh I'm sorry guys...I have no excuse to keep repeating myself about complaining about this stuff. Just bored is all awaiting for next DLC...Don't know how I can make it all up to you...:(
Just try not to say negative stuff and don't be negative yourself.
That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom