• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The real test for Jane is if she gets confirmed for that Persona Super Live Concert thing.

D

Deleted member

All y'all talking about Jill and Jane and I'm instead wondering if Lloyd Irving would be hype or not
I'm personally more interested in seeing Yuri Lowel, TBH. Luke fon Fabre would also be pretty hype but I don't think Abyss is popular enough to be chosen as the sole Tales of rep.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So, what, Joker gets two extra costumes to give him ten?
nah they probably just give her the full echo upgrade treatment like lucina/dark pit during 4's development, 8 seems a hard limit for skins due to squad strike UI

if she's still in then i doubt we'll see her in smash by wednesday (nintendo isn't even credited as part of PSL, and the next spirit is toadette, not jane/jane (uniform)), but if she is confirmed as a feMC then hoo this is looking mighty cosy

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can agree with you there

And now you completely lost me there's no way PPlant will be the last First Party rep for a long time, For Ultimate? Maybe but for Smash 6 and beyond? No way there's still so many 1st parties they could use be it BDee, Dixie and Waluigi to Isaac, Chorus Kids and other Retro Reps.
That's what I meant. We likely aren't getting anymore 1st parties in Ultimate. And it'll be a long time until the next Smash game, didn't someone say that the Switch will last for 10 years?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I got the digital version of the game, so I don't have the box art to work with; the Phantom Thieves seem to show up in the background when the icon is highlighted, but with everything in the way, it's hard to tell who's who.

As for Kawakami, it just seems weird that a bunch of students can hire their teacher as a maid, especially with all of the "implications" that come along with it. I'm hesitant to progress with that storyline as a result. Good to know about the jobs, though.
Only Ren, Ryuji, and Mishima ever find out, and of them Ren is the only one to seriously call Kawakami. I wouldn't think about it too much though.

Also make sure to advance the storyline with her until she can give you massages. They allow you to do stuff at night after exploring Palaces or Mementos which is invaluable.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
nah they probably just give her the full echo upgrade treatment like lucina/dark pit during 4's development, 8 seems a hard limit for skins due to squad strike UI

if she's still in then i doubt we'll see her in smash by wednesday (nintendo isn't even credited as part of PSL, and the next spirit is toadette, not jane/jane (uniform)), but if she is confirmed as a feMC then hoo this is looking mighty cosy
**** if Nintendo actually follows through and makes an extra echo DLC character the speculation here is going to explode.

D

Deleted member

I have no clue if I am part of the Jane train or not.
I am like "Let's see what happens!".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to get some games on the Playstation store; it was a bit of an impulse buy (especially since I'm going to wait until I finish Persona 5 and MGS4 before focusing on other Playstation 3 games), but I picked up Xenogears, God Hand, and Persona 4. (the description of "it's really similar to part 4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" combined with how great Persona 5 has been sold me on it)

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I’m glad that Resident Evil content is getting attention for Smash Bros., since playing the RE 2 remake made me want Leon to be in Smash.
(Still want classic Leon instead of 4/6 Leon (Outfit would be alt)).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

jane dying and getting revived and dying and getting revived and dying and getting revived and probably dying again like
FarFrailChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

D

Deleted member

But seriously, I do think Jane very well has a chance of not happening. While the fact that they've already created a cache for the movement of the ponytail means that whoever Jane is was pretty far along in development, stuff happens. Even things that are fully modelled and animated can get scrapped late into development. The idea that Jane is coming as a free echo later isn't impossible, it's worth noting that Jane in the string is listed as an alt for Joker. She could be a dlc alt, but the idea that they would not only release a dlc character but then give that character themselves a dlc alt does feel uncharacteristic for Smash, especially considering the persona girl isn't an established character. Who knows how long her concept and design has actually existed? Would the smash team really go to that length to include an upcoming character as an alt, a third party at that for game likely not coming to switch? Idk man.
Very 50/50 overall.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
**** if Nintendo actually follows through and makes an extra echo DLC character the speculation here is going to explode.
vaan's earlier speculation on her being only 2/8 of joker's costumes would sort of explain why joker now has two out of place costumes - purple thief and beige uniform (which isn't anything close to akechi's uniform, despite it initially being referred to as such)

if i had to guess, joker was originally standard skin, uniform, P3/4/5 costumes (in slots 3/4/5 as per the reference sakurai called attention to on twitter), the white/gold crow skin, then jane thief / jane uniform

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't think any of us are prepared for that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
honestly never cared for erdrick

i never even played dragon quest 3

probably aint gonna play the 11th switch port

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jane believers vs Jane non believers from the Smash mini-Direct until Jane's confirmation ( 2019 colorized )

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey, I said that making fun of P4's plot.

If you're gonna listen to my recommendations play a SMT game goddammit.
Little did you know that part 4 was one of my favourite parts of JoJo!

Also, if I was to get a Shin Megami Tensei game, which one would be the best, and are they easy to get into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom