• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just finished watching it, and omg Stage Builder looks so good.

Also, wasn't Joker supposed to get a female alt? Not really like I care, but I'm just wondering.
Nope.

Just yet another case of people buying too hard into dummy code.

D

Deleted member

My predictions for the DLC are as follows:
-Erdrick
-Banjo (Banjo and Erdrick being revealed at E3)
-Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
-Sans/Hayabusa/Doom Guy (I don't really know for the last Character)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Joker vs Master Hand and Crazy Hand is just Xander Mobus’s inner conflicts trying to talk over each other

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Hnrg Sakurai.... They're trying to sneak around, but I'm dummy code, and the clap of my *** cheeks is keeping the dataminers confused."
You ever think to yourself...

"Y'know what? Maybe I won't post this today."

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Well, his game never got a Japanese release. Not sure about demand either but IDK.

(yes i know he was in dkr)
Is that like a super important requirement though? Fan rules and arguments are broken all the time, the gun argument was just debunked a few hours ago. Just like when Cloud had no chance because 3rd parties need Nintendo history.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ahhh don't we all miss these kind of leaks or what...

Usual fake is usual but thought you guys would want a good laugh never the less. Though I won't deny I kinda wish this was true because Banjo, Doom Slayer and Sora? That'd be a great line-up in all honestly...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly believe “Jane” was literally just Ann as a stage element

And nobody will ever be able to convince me otherwise

Shroob

Sup?
Ahhh don't we all miss these kind of leaks or what...

Usual fake is usual but thought you guys would want a good laugh never the less. Though I won't deny I kinda wish this was true because Banjo, Doom Slayer and Sora? That'd be a great line-up in all honestly...
Bold of you to assume pre-November Direct was 'fun'.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Joker vs Master Hand and Crazy Hand is just Xander Mobus’s inner conflicts trying to talk over each other
It's Xander's version of Alien X.

props to anyone who understands that reference

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
4e3.gif

OK, what the **** did I miss while I was gone? Joker is revelead out of nowhere? Jane in Smash is dead? Video editing? The **** Nintendo?!?!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Are you kidding me
I had a blast

It’s not my fault everyone gets genuinely mad when talking about the game for some reason

Anyway the next four characters are from Banjo-Kazooie, Tetris, Mother, and Chrono Trigger

TheBeastHimself

Are you kidding me
I had a blast

It’s not my fault everyone gets genuinely mad when talking about the game for some reason

Anyway the next four characters are from Banjo-Kazooie, Tetris, Mother, and Chrono Trigger
Porky or Ninten plz

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Is that like a super important requirement though? Fan rules and arguments are broken all the time, the gun argument was just debunked a few hours ago. Just like when Cloud had no chance because 3rd parties need Nintendo history.
I'm not trying to impose rules or anything. It's just my own observation/speculation based on the types of characters that have been included so far. It's just something I personally feel is unlikely.

D

Deleted member

I don't think there are specific requirements, but I don't think that a character that hasn't appeared in a major region is comparable to one with no Nintendo history and well-known worldwide. I would say that a character with low to no presence in the region where smash is developed would not make it likely for it to be considered by Nintendo or Sakurai more due to unfamiliarity than for any other reason.

I dunno man, don't you remember the "good" times about insulting each other for not believing reaching stuff? It was "great"

TheBeastHimself

I'm not trying to impose rules or anything. It's just my own observation/speculation based on the types of characters that have been included so far. It's just something I personally feel is unlikely.
I understand. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come at you like that if it appeared that way...

D

Deleted member

Are you kidding me
I had a blast

Wait...Mother? Duster is a Mother Character!

I may not get Geno but holy **** that totally makes up for it! Seriously that's awesome!

Okay but seriously if Duster got in as DLC which is never going to happen, I would totally be fine with no Geno as long as I get some character I actually like.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Sticking with my Banjo-Kazooie/Doom Slayer/Erdrick/Leon prediction.

I still think it makes the most sense. All four characters would be incredibly hype. Erdrick more so for Japanese audiences than western audiences obviously,

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not a requirement, but it certainly helps if the Japanese Company and Japanese Director are aware of the existence of a character via the way of a Japanese release.

Don't think of it as a fan-rule, but perhaps maybe something to consider.

D

Deleted member

Any thoughts on this?

I also have in mind:

Gunner
Irene Lew (Ninja Gaiden)

Swordfighter
Ayane (Dead or Alive)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
I wouldn't add Lana, but instead I would add Rachel and Momiji plus Genshin, Murai and some other bosses from modern titles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait...Mother? Duster is a Mother Character!

I may not get Geno but holy **** that totally makes up for it! Seriously that's awesome!

Okay but seriously if Duster got in as DLC which is never going to happen, I would totally be fine with no Geno as long as I get some character I actually like.
Would be wild if a mother 3 character got announced alongside a localization

I better not hear anyone say “they would never” because every time y’all use that against me I get to t-pose against you

“They would never” is invalid in every context involving smash imo

Thanks for coming to my jaded Ted talk

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mm, I dunno dude. Things change. Details in the stages could change. Jack may have been dropped for all we know. Or he could be there somewhere. We don't have it yet. If they weren't able to nail Joker, P5R and P5U, the stage, the delay of Persona 5 U The Fighting Game because of a GranBlue fighting game, AND then "guess" the other 4 I'd be more inclined to agree. But I've come to learn that no leak is black and white. As a matter of fact, even IF this leak were true I feel like Steve got dropped in favor of Banjo. Like I said, things change, I still think this leak was at least a little legit. Enough for Erdrick to still be likely as hell.
Maybe, but implying Jack Frost is a stage element and then the real stage gimmick being color change, doesn’t make sense to me.

Maybe it changed but those are two completely different ways the stage plays. On top of them not mentioning the joker alts, it feels off.

Joker literally bought so much with him that’s its insane. His presentation shows how dedicated Sakurai and his team were to replicating what a persona game feels like. He has more fanfare then anyone on the roster. The closest being mega man with his unique death animation.

Joker has every fine detail from his game and stands out cause of it. Plus there wasn’t even a Jack Frost costume.

This is really weird for him to just disappear from the game. There’s what 3 other persona games referenced? How do you live Jack Frost out there? Or more specifically, how do you put Jack Frost in with all the other fanfare and then say, “eh he doesn’t matter get rid of him”.

To me that doesn’t add up. Either Jack Frost wasn’t even in the game to start with or he for no reason was removed. Which the former seems likelier to me.

I’ll admit that’s odd though considering jokers code name is Jack. Likely a reference to Jack Frost. Either way th correlations between the 5ch leak and the actual game are odd.

It can still go down as you said and maybe he was removed, but that’s a very weird scenario that I don’t see how it could happen given everything we just saw.

It doesn’t necessarily deconfrim erdrick but I do think if this leak is fake it’s a pretty heavy hit. Verge was being real sly about the square rep until this leak came out. Then he eventually put that list out and said he thought it was erdrick. Which that’s pretty piggybacking to me, even more so as other insiders were just clearly following verge.

So it can still go either way but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom