• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Banjo and Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Heihachi Mishima
Doom Slayer
Toughest one so far. I think Heihachi is out because of PacMan, and Doom Slayer seems like a stretch for Nintendo to take with the series. Crash has maintained popularity in the present age of gaming more than Banjo has, and that is coming from somebody who has never played a Crash game. I just hear things. Crash is my (underdog) pick.

Geno
Conker
Ninten
Porky
Frogger
Geno has the fans, but Porky has the availability as a Mother villain who is no longer a boss in the game. Conker and Frogger are unanimously, and I refuse to waste time covering why. I'll do so later when i finish. Ninten seems like a long shot with no echoes, and there are already Earthbound Beginnings songs in the game. Geno is my choice, and I'm not a geno advocate. Geno got easy comp.

Geno
Duster
Ninten
Heavy
Porky
Somehow this also comes down to Geno and Porky, see above.

Mega Man X(I know he's unlikely but I'll keep the dream alive.)
Jin Kazama
Ryu Hayabusa
Jill Valentine
Lara Croft
New toughest one. Mega Man X and Ryu Hayabusa are take outs. Now we have Tekken, Resident Evil, and Tomb Raider. All three powerhouse series. Jin is still eligible because they aren't part of Pac's taunt (why though). Lara Croft is the largest gaming icon on this list, but her fault is a lack of Nintendo association. My pick is Kazama, with Croft right behind and Valentine in close third.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just saw the 3.0 trailer. Nothing particularly news worthy but Joker seems really Bayonetta-ish IMO.

And are they really selling Tails/Knuckles Mii Costume DLC twice in a row? Methinks this means bad things for Geno and Lloyd.
>Joker unveiling
>"Nothing particularly news worthy"

You take that back.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Toughest one so far. I think Heihachi is out because of PacMan, and Doom Slayer seems like a stretch for Nintendo to take with the series. Crash has maintained popularity in the present age of gaming more than Banjo has, and that is coming from somebody who has never played a Crash game. I just hear things. Crash is my (underdog) pick.

Geno has the fans, but Porky has the availability as a Mother villain who is no longer a boss in the game. Conker and Frogger are unanimously, and I refuse to waste time covering why. I'll do so later when i finish. Ninten seems like a long shot with no echoes, and there are already Earthbound Beginnings songs in the game. Geno is my choice, and I'm not a geno advocate. Geno got easy comp.

Somehow this also comes down to Geno and Porky, see above.

New toughest one. Mega Man X and Ryu Hayabusa are take outs. Now we have Tekken, Devil May Cry, and Tomb Raider. All three powerhouse series. Jin is still eligible because they aren't part of Pac's taunt (why though). Lara Croft is the largest gaming icon on this list, but her fault is a lack of Nintendo association. My pick is Kazama, with Croft right behind and Valentine in close third.
You didn't get to me... :yoshi:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just saw the 3.0 trailer. Nothing particularly news worthy but Joker seems really Bayonetta-ish IMO.

And are they really selling Tails/Knuckles Mii Costume DLC twice in a row? Methinks this means bad things for Geno and Lloyd.
I...

That was almost all newsworthy

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 209354

This is beautiful. Joker's the greatest ****ing DLC character ever made, in any game, ever.

He's so faithful to his source material, it's insane.
Bro, most of the 3rd parties are pretty accurate. Almost every ****ing thing Mega Man, the Belmonts and Ryu/Ken do feels like their own series. Really the only one who got dunked on was Sonic who was rushed out and turns into a ball for half his moves.

And that rushed out the door thing fits some of his games anyway soooo....

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes because iirc the mementos description was odd. Also if you really knew joker was in I can’t see you not detail that stuff. They did for erdrick. Plus I believe that was a week before tga.

With them being very wrong on the stage I can’t believe that leak anymore.

And considering that’s when insiders started backing erdrick more I think it’s hit or miss for him now.

We’ll know at E3.

If there’s no Erdrick then we should absolutely not listen to any claims of the remaining characters, because it would definitely prove that no one really knows.

Which is good I like surprises
Mm, I dunno dude. Things change. Details in the stages could change. Jack may have been dropped for all we know. Or he could be there somewhere. We don't have it yet. If they weren't able to nail Joker, P5R and P5U, the stage, the delay of Persona 5 U The Fighting Game because of a GranBlue fighting game, AND then "guess" the other 4 I'd be more inclined to agree. But I've come to learn that no leak is black and white. As a matter of fact, even IF this leak were true I feel like Steve got dropped in favor of Banjo. Like I said, things change, I still think this leak was at least a little legit. Enough for Erdrick to still be likely as hell.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I mean he’s still alive in fittingly enough Dead or Alive which 6 released less than two months ago.

Also Soulcalibur’s Nightmare I’m referring to.
BK is the more irrelevant of the three:
-Ryu has existed since the 80s and his last game came in 2014. Plus he keeps appearing in Dead or Alive which had an entry this year.
-Nightmare from Soul Calibur/Edge comes from 1996 and his last entry was last year.
-BK came after these two series and their series got killed before them, his only relevancy is being a Nintendo mascot at some point.

Edit to prevent arguments regarding BK chance, you can make arguments in favor of Banjo but them being more relevant to other characters is difficult for him to win.
Yeah considering Ninja Gaiden has had more recent releases than Banjo (Re-releases of 3D NG2, two versions of 3D NG3, Yaiba, a mainstay in DOA which just got DOA6). I think the DS game came out after Nuts and Bolts as well, but I could be wrong about that.

On top of that, Hayabusa's OG games are just of much of classics of the industry as Banjo's if not more so. But I do think Banjo's been more in the fans sights. Then again we thought only 12 people wanted Simon(myself included but not as much as Ridley for example.) And yet Castlevania was stated to be pretty huge in the ballot by the devs themselves. So who's to say that Hayabusa wouldn't also apply to that?
Okay I'm out of the loop, did not know that Hayabusa was in Dead or Alive and thought they were NES exclusive.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now, I'd 'agree' with you, to an extent, but we know both Joker and Brave have been in development since before the game came out.

Now, we don't know how late into development they started, but their data's been there since 1.0.
According to Sakurai, when Ninty approached him to reveal Joker, he hasn't even started development on him yet. Now, we don't know when he was approached, but it's safe to assume that he wasn't developed around the same time as Plant started development, probably starting near the end of Plant's development since Joker wasn't even ready of TGA. For all we know, this may be the case with Brave.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On one hand, I can't believe they'd let company and franchise mascot, Jack Frost just plain not be there in any way, shape, or form, but on the other hand...
Jack Frost on Computer.jpg

Actually, no I can completely believe that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mm, I dunno dude. Things change. Details in the stages could change. Jack may have been dropped for all we know. Or he could be there somewhere. We don't have it yet. If they weren't able to nail Joker, P5R and P5U, the stage, the delay of Persona 5 U The Fighting Game because of a GranBlue fighting game, AND then "guess" the other 4 I'd be more inclined to agree. But I've come to learn that no leak is black and white. As a matter of fact, even IF this leak were true I feel like Steve got dropped in favor of Banjo. Like I said, things change, I still think this leak was at least a little legit. Enough for Erdrick to still be likely as hell.
Joker was nailed before the leak.
P5R and P5U existed long before the leak.
Mementos seemed to be the most common guess by far but I'll give you that.
The P5U situation is still fuzzy.

Erdrick's likely as hell. Not because of this leak.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can totally see us getting Erdrick and then Luminary is a Mii Costume.

This will happen.

I'm also feeling Banjo and then we get Steve as a Mii Costume.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm finna shill more for Dante and Lara now that the gun argument is fittingly shot dead.

Though not as much as that 2nd Mega Man character (Ken/Ritcher gave me hope it'll happen one day, even if it's just an echo.) and a Tekken character.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, today I learned that Hitler (yes, Hitler) is the main antagonist of Persona 2, and now I'm trying to keep a straight face as I picture one of the most evil men in the history of mankind getting his *ss handed to him on a silver platter by the likes of Kirby, Pichu, et cetera, ad infinitum. He won't be a spirit, no doubt about it, but the prospect is still hilariously cathartic.

Shroob

Sup?
According to Sakurai, when Ninty approached him to reveal Joker, he hasn't even started development on him yet. Now, we don't know when he was approached, but it's safe to assume that he wasn't developed around the same time as Plant started development, probably starting near the end of Plant's development since Joker wasn't even ready of TGA. For all we know, this may be the case with Brave.
But we know for a fact that whoever Brave is was chosen sometime during the base game development cycle, alongside Joker.

Brave is most likely 'very' close to being done internally.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Or they’ve pulled the blinds over us like a good little company and have been working on these for a long while. Mostly in the order of approval, though joker moving ahead in priority for obvious reasons including Nintendo pressure

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Excuse me?!
:ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:
:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:
:ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker:
Key word "think", meaninf it's opinion. The more we see a character in forms that aren't playable fighters, the less their chances. In my opinion.

Sure there are others, but did Heihachi every have a 2d 8 bit sprite? I cannot recall one, which led me to believe that this would be al the representation they would get; Namco sprite with a Namco character.

Didn't say Tekken was out, Kazama is still good.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay I'm out of the loop, did not know that Hayabusa was in Dead or Alive and thought they were NES exclusive.
Ryu Hayabusa has a NES Trilogy, and a 3D Trilogy that has special additions with extra content and characters. A DS game, and as we said before, is a mainstay in the DOA series of fighting games.

He also shows up in the Warriors Orochi games, basically Koei's Dynasty Warriors All-Stars. Dude's the mascot of the company. If those Volleyball games ever had a Token dude they'd probably pick Hayabusa cause he's their main man.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Really? Ryu Hayabusa has been in Dead or Alive since the very first game and Ninja Gaiden has been getting new games for ages now, even the Wii U had one.
I'm surprised you were that out of the loop that you didn't at least hear of recent Ninja Gaiden games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright it's time

In memorial of my girl, the alt that never was

I'm drawin Jane
Be warned friend,

She won't be called that in one week's time. So don't write that down or else you'll age it rather poorly.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speculation strategy since joker was revealed:

Take the popular guess and throw it out. For everything, including predicted dates.

It’s worked for me so far.
How far can your patterns take you when the world is chaotic, nintendo is made out of pure entropy, and we are all gonna die

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Joker looks cool, but man a part of me is a bit ticked that Snake, the guy that uses non lethal sleep darts, isn’t able to use his gun but Joker is. Oh well I still love snakes move set as it is.

Man haven’t been back into the speculation scene in months, has anything changed or we still mostly in the dark/ maybe Edrick?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Joker looks cool, but man a part of me is a bit ticked that Snake, the guy that uses non lethal sleep darts, isn’t able to use his gun but Joker is. Oh well I still love snakes move set as it is.

Man haven’t been back into the speculation scene in months, has anything changed or we still mostly in the dark/ maybe Edrick?
Yo is that a Pyre avatar? Mad respect, dude.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Mostly in the dark/ maybe Erdrick.

With a sprinkle of Banjo.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
In other news, Emile completely flubbed a joke because fate wouldn't allow it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Key word "think", meaninf it's opinion. The more we see a character in forms that aren't playable fighters, the less their chances. In my opinion.

Sure there are others, but did Heihachi every have a 2d 8 bit sprite? I cannot recall one, which led me to believe that this would be al the representation they would get; Namco sprite with a Namco character.

Didn't say Tekken was out, Kazama is still good.
Tekken 7 and Tag 2 I think had some in-game memorabilia and arcade cards that depicted 8-bit characters, Heihachi included.

However I don't know if it's the same as the sprite Pac-Man uses in his taunt.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My guess for the DLC list is still:

Joker
Erdrick
Hayabusa
Doom Slayer
Banjo (or maybe Steve)

Not necessarily in that order. I'm doubling down on Doom Slayer now that GUN is allowed.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Just finished watching it, and omg Stage Builder looks so good.

Also, wasn't Joker supposed to get a female alt? Not really like I care, but I'm just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom