• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Would be wild if a mother 3 character got announced alongside a localization

I better not hear anyone say “they would never” because every time y’all use that against me I get to t-pose against you

“They would never” is invalid in every context involving smash imo

Thanks for coming to my jaded Ted talk
Okay but like, it's Duster he doesn't even have the mild fan support that Kumatora has.

Not to mention that Sakurai himself stated that he would have never added Lucas had he known Mother 3 was going to be a Japan-Exclusive and that there are better choices out there.

It would be crazy but I don't think they would choose my boy.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Not a requirement, but it certainly helps if the Japanese Company and Japanese Director are aware of the existence of a character via the way of a Japanese release.

Don't think of it as a fan-rule, but perhaps maybe something to consider.
That makes sense. Conker has no Japan presence. But Conker is also Microsoft and Rare's most used mascot. If they see his franchise as profitable, could that factor into anything?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Does Joker have any "normal" victory animations that can work for Team Battles?
You know, that's a good question. They only showed us the P5 Victory Screen-based one, so who knows?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's no problem. I personally also don't like it when people come up with rules and get entrenched in one mindset.
No god damn it they aren’t gonna let a 3rd party I— a Final Fantasy character i— a risqué character I- Ridley in- more than one character from a third party company i-...

Uh... they’re definitely not gonna reveal joker before the 24th—

God damn it
Why are all the things I’m 1000% sure of never happen!!!!!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Crap didn't realize I didn't post it. Here it is.

snip (I didn't read the full comment on that page. Apologies).

Enjoy laughing guys.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man the roster is already crazy as it is right now. Could you imagine what it would look like in another decade?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
i felt this sudden anger the moment i saw the reused sonic mii costumes like wow thanks for no new sonic remixes, no shadow echo, no updated moves for sonic, and same mii costumes from before

really enjoy it sakurai

thanks

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i felt this sudden anger the moment i saw the reused sonic mii costumes like wow thanks for no new sonic remixes, no shadow echo, no updated moves for sonic, and same mii costumes from before

really enjoy it sakurai

thanks
I’m sure Sakurai is out to get the sonic fans tbh
He’s got a whole anti sonic club going on in el mother Japan so

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
No god damn it they aren’t gonna let a 3rd party I— a Final Fantasy character i— a risqué character I- Ridley in- more than one character from a third party company i-...

Uh... they’re definitely not gonna reveal joker before the 24th—

God damn it
Why are all the things I’m 1000% sure of never happen!!!!!
Yeah, people lay down all these guidelines that don't end up meaning anything. Even "rules" that Sakurai himself seemingly lays down are broken.

It's pretty normal though. Smash discussion would be pretty weird if the community didn't agree on some rules.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

really enjoy it sakurai

thanks
Look at it this way...
At least you're in Smash.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

really enjoy it sakurai

thanks
I do want more Sonic characters. Sonic is arguably the most iconic 3rd party franchise on the roster, but he ain't go squat character wise.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, people lay down all these guidelines that don't end up meaning anything. Even "rules" that Sakurai himself seemingly lays down are broken.

It's pretty normal though. Smash discussion would be pretty weird if the community didn't agree on some rules.
No rules make better predictions imo

That’s been my guiding light since like last April lol

(Wow it’s been a year)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can’t wait to play as Persona 5. He looks really cool with his Persona 5 Buster!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Boss: "Hey so what video editing programs do you use?"

Some dude: "Y'know, Premire, After Effects and Smash Bros Video Edit mode."

Boss: "Oh, ok. Wait Wha?....Well, it's not Sony Vega at least."

It's Xander's version of Alien X.

props to anyone who understands that reference
Ben 10 Squad represent. Dwayne McDuffie worked on that show too.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Aight don't wanna be the person to suggest another "chairs" theory, but note how almost every stage builder stage was a reference for one of their series... except two.

Dragon (Though I suppose one could argue this might be a Fire Emblem reference) - DRAGON Quest?
Witch (I guess technically Zelda has witches, but this was a more traditional looking witch, almost Halloweeny - in April.) - Gruntilda reference perhaps? BANJO KAZOOIE maybe?!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ryu Hayabusa has a NES Trilogy, and a 3D Trilogy that has special additions with extra content and characters. A DS game, and as we said before, is a mainstay in the DOA series of fighting games.

He also shows up in the Warriors Orochi games, basically Koei's Dynasty Warriors All-Stars. Dude's the mascot of the company. If those Volleyball games ever had a Token dude they'd probably pick Hayabusa cause he's their main man.
Hayabusa is probably the only 3rd Party regularly mentioned that would excite me (Erdrick maybe). NES, SNES, DS, 3DS, Wii U, Switch, his Nintendo presence is fairly strong (not that it matters that much anymore).

I'd love for a remix of this stage theme/end credits to play in a reveal trailer, especially considering most people don't make it far enough to hear it:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm surprised they gave him a made up grappling hook instead of something like Joker's shadow jump when he sneaks in-between obstacles.

The grapple pulling people in looks neat though, unfortunate that it goes away with Arsene active though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't believe they gave Kirby a gun.

im scared

Shroob

Sup?
Alright.

Ya want some ****ing BETS?

Even though I love it here, I'll bet my ac-----I'll go afk for an entire month if ****ing Velvet Crowe gets in Smash.

There's just no way she'll get in without a massive redesign.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man the roster is already crazy as it is right now. Could you imagine what it would look like in another decade?
Just keep updating Ultimate like SF2 back in the day.

**** it. 7 Belmonts, 4 Sonic characters, 3 Mega Men, 300 extra songs all coming in 2035. Todd Howard will literally make Skyrim the game a stage.

Pre-Order for the free Akuma download code.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hmmm now that we’re getting stage builder in addition to Joker, I wonder what other new modes or content might be included with a DLC character update?

Maybe homerun contest and other stadium modes will return in a future update? Not trying to be greedy, just wondering what things we might get besides characters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think I missed something. Does Joker have two different types of victory screens? Is the one with the color changed and Morgana solely for Momentos or is this victory screen also featured in matches on other stages?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Joker looks cool, but man a part of me is a bit ticked that Snake, the guy that uses non lethal sleep darts, isn’t able to use his gun but Joker is. Oh well I still love snakes move set as it is.

Man haven’t been back into the speculation scene in months, has anything changed or we still mostly in the dark/ maybe Edrick?
It was probably due to a mixture of two things or one or the other.
1) Snake was included in Brawl, the ratings system in Japan may have gotten more lenient since that game's release (or DLC can be rated separately since its not part of the main game).
2) Joker's gun is an airsoft gun that just acts like a real gun in Palaces/Mementos.
Does Joker have any "normal" victory animations that can work for Team Battles?
That's a good point..I mean, he does,
That's it..he just stands there like that.

However, they could also pull from his artworks or his Persona Awakening pose for other Victory Screens (who knows, maybe he'll have a 4th Victory Animation used just for Team Battles).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm surprised they gave him a made up grappling hook instead of something like Joker's shadow jump when he sneaks in-between obstacles.

The grapple pulling people in looks neat though, unfortunate that it goes away with Arsene active though.
Maybe he’ll have a grappling hook in P5R

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think I missed something. Does Joker have two different types of victory screens? Is the one with the color changed and Morgana solely for Momentos or is this victory screen also featured in matches on other stages?
As far as I know, Joker will always have his running victory animation with the sole exception being if he wins with an all-out-attack in which case Joker's splash art will be the victory screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom