• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways the link I posted. The guy said that Sora would be revealed as Brave and then E3 would reveal Banjo and Doom Slayer as a duo reveal.

Shame its likely fake because I would be definitely down for those being the picks.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah it makes sense why, still feel the fake gun thing is a bit flimsy excuse since it’s still firing bullets, but honestly doesn’t matter all that much, I’m just slightly miffed and jealous.

Either way I think being the main explosives guy gives Snake a cool niche in smash.
I did forget some things I was going to say about Joker's gun vs Snake's guns.
For Joker, one of his 2 main weapons is gun, so its a bigger part of his character then Snake, who uses a variety of weapons and still feels like himself without one or two of them.
Another thing for Joker is that due to his game's style, they could stylize the firing animation to look less realistic while Snake, being from a more realistic series, wouldn't be as fitting to have a stylized firing animation over a realistic one..this is something that Bayonetta has too due to her game offering more stylized firing animations.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
The amount of care that went into Joker has me inspired

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope the datamine files are "Catch" "These" "Hands".

And when trying to put them into gameplay, Sakurai himself emerges from the TV with a Ryu Headband, Little Mac gloves and an IV cord filled with Red Bull.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>My flight goes out in 36 hours
>36 hours to complete some ambitious **** to go out in style
>I just ****ing smacked my elbow on a wall while trying to kill a fly
>Hand feels funny but the show must go on

*Stratovarius plays*

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Glad to see the admins have taste around here.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Finally, my character background is complete...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Another thing for Joker is that due to his game's style, they could stylize the firing animation to look less realistic while Snake, being from a more realistic series, wouldn't be as fitting to have a stylized firing animation over a realistic one.
I disagree entirely.

The CQC style of handling a gun is pretty stylistic and widening his stance or making him crouch or even angling the way he holds the gun could all make it seem less realistic.

There's honestly a lot you can do, and that's if the animation was even an issue in the first place and not just a holdover from Brawl.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think we're missing what Joker's team victory animation could be:

His teammates run with him like the Phantom Thieves.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Is the trailer implying that Joker's ONLY victory pose is the one they showed on the trailer? Just with different colors...?

If so... that's incredibly disappointing. Everything else about Joker is phenomenal but limiting his victories down to one pose is kind of just... lame.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Is the trailer implying that Joker's ONLY victory pose is the one they showed on the trailer? Just with different colors...?

If so... that's incredibly disappointing. Everything else about Joker is phenomenal but limiting his victories down to one pose is kind of just... lame.
But it's a super cool reference, at least.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I disagree entirely.

The CQC style of handling a gun is pretty stylistic and widening his stance or making him crouch or even angling the way he holds the gun could all make it seem less realistic.

There's honestly a lot you can do, and that's if the animation was even an issue in the first place and not just a holdover from Brawl.
Another argument is that Joker’s / Bayo’s guns’ visual effects (muzzle flashes, ect.) can be more stylized, while Snake’s (in his debut in Brawl, with its gritty aesthetic) would have to have notably more realistic.

We’ll never know for sure unless either Sakurai or the ratings boards step in to explain it, though.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

That's exactly what I thought. Would it have killed them to have a standard victory pose or two past the running one? It could be just as stylish...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think we're missing what Joker's team victory animation could be:

His teammates run with him like the Phantom Thieves.
Speaking of which, I hope characters other than Morgana appear on Joker's victory screen.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

You never know. I mean each character has 3 victory pose so I would be actually surprised if there is just 1.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Anyways the link I posted. The guy said that Sora would be revealed as Brave and then E3 would reveal Banjo and Doom Slayer as a duo reveal.

Shame its likely fake because I would be definitely down for those being the picks.
If it got me Sora, I'd be more the fine with Banjo and okay with Doomguy (if only for that ONE theme..you know the one).
I disagree entirely.

Yeah, I'm honestly inclined to believe its 80% likely to just be a hold over from Brawl and that CERO was more strict on guns back then..or Sakurai didn't want to risk it if he didn't have to since guns aren't a super iconic weapon to Snake since he uses a variety of weapons that could work and be more 'flashy'.

D

Deleted member

Joker's team battle victory pose is still him running, but the camera isn't centered on him so he's constantly running in and out of the shot.
Wouldn't be upset with that honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Joker's portrayal is so good that it shook Warchamp7 out of his ages-old sleep.

This night can't get any better.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.56.21 PM.png

I keep saying it can't get any better but it just keeps getting better.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

But it's true to his game so I kinda dig it anyways.

Much more than just trying to make up other victory poses for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom