• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well ladies and gentleman...
20 hours until he drops.

As for me, I'm going to drop to bed right now.

You too should consider resting well for the day of smashing tomorrow.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Is the trailer implying that Joker's ONLY victory pose is the one they showed on the trailer? Just with different colors...?

If so... that's incredibly disappointing. Everything else about Joker is phenomenal but limiting his victories down to one pose is kind of just... lame.
Nope, they just change colors and music when you win in Mementos with said game's theme. His other two victory animations are still free.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Again guys, before you make assumption or think about him, remember that he is not out yet.

Inb4 I wanna see how OP he iz

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The amount of care that went into Joker has me inspired

You made this? That’s really good! It’s looking pretty nice. Some of the best artwork I’ve seen in all honestly

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Is the trailer implying that Joker's ONLY victory pose is the one they showed on the trailer? Just with different colors...?

If so... that's incredibly disappointing. Everything else about Joker is phenomenal but limiting his victories down to one pose is kind of just... lame.
Sakurai already showed one of his other victory screens:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
SMH they didn't get Jack Nicholson to be Joker in Smash.

So we're getting a "We live in a society" Joker as a mod right?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nope, they just change colors and music when you win in Mementos with said game's theme. His other two victory animations are still free.
Actually, here's what I think. We've seen all of Joker's animations already. The only thing that changes about them is what Morgana is doing.

Victory Pose 1: Morgana bouncing around behind Joker (seen in the video today)
Victory Pose 2: Morgana bumping into the screen (see above)
Victory Pose 3: Joker getting into the Morganamobile (revealed on Sakurai's Twitter)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm pretty sure Heath Ledger has time in his schedule to fill in for the absence of Mark Hamill :yoshi:

Jared Leto: -preparing dead rats, pig hearts, and jars of pee to send to Sakurai for his ''method" acting- Wait.......wrong Joker?!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
That looks the same as in the trailer just with a truck. ..At least we know now

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also I guess I'm legally obligated to play as Mii Swordfighter now that Minato is a costume and Mass Destruction is in.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Red Joker/ArseneJoker main rise up.

Also Aria better give us the Momentos with Velvet Room colors or I riot.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well ladies and gentleman...
20 hours until he drops.

As for me, I'm going to drop to bed right now.

You too should consider resting well for the day of smashing tomorrow.
20 hours?

How do you know that?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok. So he does have more screens. That's cool.

And yeah, I get that it's a super cool reference to his games. That's ****ing awesome. But would it not have been disappointing if Cloud's only victory was his iconic Sword Spin? And nothing else. Just the one. Yeah, I'd think so. At least that worry is alleviated though. Joker is perfect.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Putting the Morganamobile feels like Joker saying: "Get in, Persona series *******, we goin' into Smash together"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Red Joker/ArseneJoker main rise up.

Also Aria better give us the Momentos with Velvet Room colors or I riot.
Hey man, long time no see.

Kind of sad about no Burn My Dread but wasn't expecting any Persona 3 stuff at all to begin with so it's a win either way
Battle for Everyone's Souls is in so my life is complete.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I hope you all understand that when he's unbanned, he's gonna make a big fuss over how Joker is a Bayo echo based on the sole fact that they both use guns.
He? Sorry. What happened? I am out of loop. But you dont have to say it if it brings bad memories.

I thought I saw him, too. It’s almost like he’s directly behind you or something.
Wait.....W-What if that spirit is possessing you?

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
He? Sorry. What happened? I am out of loop. But you dont have to say it if it brings bad memories.
Just some jerk who regularly gets banned for not only voicing unpopular opinions, but actively goes after others who disagree with him as well as the developers for not taking consideration in his interests (he admitted to trying to email ideas to Nintendo). Nothing life-scaring, just a wad is all.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hope you all understand that when he's unbanned, he's gonna make a big fuss over how Joker is a Bayo echo based on the sole fact that they both use guns.
I'm pretty sure he's Permabanned, actually...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Anyone think Joker might get two amiibo figures like Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin did considering he has two costumes with two renders and is a 3rd Party DLC character like the first two.
I really hope he does.
Again guys, before you make assumption or think about him, remember that he is not out yet.

Inb4 I wanna see how OP he iz
Yeah..I can't help but remember how people cried that Little Mac, Rosalina & Luma, and Shulk were going to be 'broken' when they were first announced..

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
John Dylan Smith, huge anti-anime and anti-sword proponent. Very loud, outspoken, and attention-seeking.
He hates anime?! Uuuuugh, i cant stand peoples with this kind of behavior, especially those who hates it for nothing....I mean he doesnt sound civil judging by what you said...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So what did today tell us?

1# We don't even have to look forward to Directs anymore. If Sakurai's going to do something, it's just 'going' to happen when he wants it to.

2# Old 3rd Party Mii Costumes are back, mostly. This is 'fairly' suspect in regards to both Square and Namco.

3# Again, we really can't count on anything anymore. Although I still believe they'll announce a character in Directs, for all we know they could just shadowdrop whoever the **** the next 4 characters are with 0 buildup.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So what did today tell us?

1# We don't even have to look forward to Directs anymore. If Sakurai's going to do something, it's just 'going' to happen when he wants it to.

2# Old 3rd Party Mii Costumes are back, mostly. This is 'fairly' suspect in regards to both Square and Namco.

3# Again, we really can't count on anything anymore. Although I still believe they'll announce a character in Directs, for all we know they could just shadowdrop whoever the **** the next 4 characters are with 0 buildup.
IIRC we also learned that DLC characters are getting their own spirit boards. Maybe this has implications on what characters we're getting? Like maybe we really are getting mostly new IPs/unrepresented games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom