• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Y'all are hyping up a Resident Evil character all of a sudden, when the hypothetical Capcom DLC could be a certain wolf or lawyer. :V

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So, while I don't put a 'lot' of stock into the "Mii-theory"(Oh god notto disso **** again)

If we go by it, we could expect:

Square Character(PRETEND TO BE SURPRISED)

Namco Character

Capcom Character

???? Character
Microsoft for the last one. Calling it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, while I don't put a 'lot' of stock into the "Mii-theory"(Oh god notto disso **** again)

Namco Character

Capcom Character

???? Character
Ehh, I wouldn't go THAT far but I could see Mii costumes and characters being aligned if they're from the same company. Not that they necessarily HAVE to be.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Interesting. Looks like the All-Out Attack Final Smash doesn't actually use the models of the Phantom Thieves that are on the Mementos stage. So that still leaves the Jane and ponytail code in question.
Well obviously it doesn't, it's just like the original game where they're all balls of black shadow bouncing.

Honestly let the Jane and ponytail data die. There's no need to drag out its death longer than it's already taken.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what did today tell us?

1# We don't even have to look forward to Directs anymore. If Sakurai's going to do something, it's just 'going' to happen when he wants it to.

2# Old 3rd Party Mii Costumes are back, mostly. This is 'fairly' suspect in regards to both Square and Namco.

3# Again, we really can't count on anything anymore. Although I still believe they'll announce a character in Directs, for all we know they could just shadowdrop whoever the **** the next 4 characters are with 0 buildup.
We now live in a timeline where we can just wake up and our most wanted character could show up when we boot up smash.

What a timeline this...

Shroob

Sup?
Y'all are hyping up a Resident Evil character all of a sudden, when the hypothetical Capcom DLC could be a certain wolf or lawyer. :V
I think it's because Jane: exists.

People are trying to rationalize what she is, and, I mean.....

Is it that much of a reach someone like Jill Valentine could use Joker as a skeleton for their base to work off of?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't use "Mii Theory" to predict the future of potential fighters, but I can see that's how they'll bring Mii costumes back, in a similar manner with the previous game.

It's neat though, definitely better than music or color ones.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Well obviously it doesn't, it's just like the original game where they're all balls of black shadow bouncing.

Honestly let the Jane and ponytail data die. There's no need to drag out its death longer than it's already taken.
I understand. Nevertheless, this will probably go down as one of the many mysteries in the series' development.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Predictions on when DLC characters will be revealed.

Banjo and Erdrick: E3/June (Both releases September)
Lloyd Irving: September (Releases December)
Resident Evil rep: VGA/December (Releases February 2020)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Excuse me....

I have something to say.

*coughs loudly to clear throat*

Where the **** have you been? Do you not see the time? I was worried sick young man. Go to your room you're grounded.
Pretty sure you grounded me already for believing that my Mickey Mouse OC had a chance to be in Smash mom-

Shroob

Sup?
I don't want on my tombstone to read:

"Here lies Shroob. He named the Mii Theory"

Kill me now before this gains traction.

D

Deleted member

Well, the last shred of respect I had for someone I used to hold fairly dearly was just destroyed. Not what I needed.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Hello Mr. Dante, I'm Masahiro Sakurai, director for Super Smash Bros. How would you like to appear in Smash...
20190416_234505.jpg

As a Mii Fighter Costume!"
20190416_234516.jpg

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's because Jane: exists.

People are trying to rationalize what she is, and, I mean.....

Is it that much of a reach someone like Jill Valentine could use Joker as a skeleton for their base to work off of?
Still want STARS Jill as default.

But I believe someone on resetera explained a while back that Jane may not be related to Joker at all, and they were just paired due to a programming oversight lumping together recently worked on code. Dunno if that's true, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Because I mean, if we get Jill and ZSS isn't the base, that'd be weird.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pretty sure you grounded me already for believing that my Mickey Mouse OC had a chance to be in Smash mom-
Look, we all know that the little boy from Sixth Sense was never real. We just made up Haley Joel Osment.

He and all his roles have been Mandela'ed.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Sakurai could've easily made the Fighter pass with only Capcom reps. I say that RE is likely just as MH, Ammy, PW, Arthur and so on.
Predictions on when DLC characters will be revealed.

Banjo and Erdrick: E3/June (Both releases September)
Lloyd Irving: September (Releases December)
Resident Evil rep: VGA/December (Releases February 2020)
Considering we are having two announcements on E3, we could have 2 announcements later on the year around Nov-Dec which could drop shortly after the reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
Still want STARS Jill as default.

But I believe someone on resetera explained a while back that Jane may not be related to Joker at all, and they were just paired due to a programming oversight lumping together recently worked on code. Dunno if that's true, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Because I mean, if we get Jill and ZSS isn't the base, that'd be weird.
Wouldn't ZSS be more like RE5 Jill? :dr^_^:

D

Deleted member

Hey it's OK buddy.
Your :ultwolf: has only improved since I've fought you!
A low number of wins doesn't mean you did a bad job.
I dunno I sometimes feel like I've gotten worse with my mains, that or you and others improve way faster than I do, either way I don't think I can really compare to most people who play in Arenas.

I feel like I'm not all that good in comparisonl my Dedede is pretty decent but my skill with my other mains are far from spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Honestly, you can be buried next to me! We'll be besties!

''Here lies Fisher. Dumb ***** thought some chairs meant something."

Don't you want to be my best friend?!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Watch that you jinx it and it becomes true. :laugh:
It already is true. I've been cursed by God to have foreknowledge of all Smash characters.

I see into the future and in this timeline Chris, Leon, and Jill all get in, but we get Dante, Amaterasu, and Phoenix Wright Mii Costumes.
20190416_235016.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or we get Ms. "I appear in more crossovers than my own series" herself, Morrigan. :V

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The next Capcom character won't be anyone besides Leon Kennedy or Dante. Maybe Jill. Anyone else though, I don't think is happenin. Including Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, and Monster Hunter. I highly doubt any of them are happening.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Namco Character

Capcom Character

???? Character
Alright then, I'll make some predictions based of this theory

Square
Who I Expect: Erdrick (I'm not 100% in him, but he's still the most likely candidate).
Who I Want: Bravely Default rep, Tifa would also be nice.

Namco
Who I Except: KOS-MOS, assuming that all of the previous Mii Fighter costumes return. If not, then Lloyd. Yuri is also a possible choice here.
Who I Want: Most of you should know this by now. Velvet and Nightmare would also be nice.

Capcom
Who I Expect: Uh.... Pheonix Wright... I guess? A Resident Evil rep or Monster Hunter is also likely.
Who I Want: Monster Hunter, Chun-Li and Pheonix are tied for 2nd. Morrigan would also be nice.

???
Who I Expect: Uh... I guess a Microsoft rep, w/ Banjo being the frontrunner. Steve is also possible.
Who I Want: Gran/Djeeta from Granblue Fantasy... no, I am not kidding. Reimu and Banjo would also be nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel bad for mentioning it before, if it gains traction and fails my internet cred is going down inf fla... wait a min, I don't have any so... NVM oh and also I see someone proposed it before so Im safe :)
Wouldn't ZSS be more like RE5 Jill? :dr^_^:
Most likely Jill would be a mix considering she kinda has the potential of being one of the most diverse characters in RE moveset-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because I find it'd be fun to do.

01: Mario
02: Donkey Kong
03: Link
04: Samus
04e: Dark Samus
05: Yoshi
06: Kirby
07: Fox
08: Pikachu
09: Luigi
10: Ness
11: Captain Falcon
12: Jigglypuff
13: Peach
13e: Daisy
14: Bowser
15: Ice Climbers
16: Sheik
17: Zelda
18: Dr. Mario
19: Pichu
20: Falco
21: Marth
21e: Lucina
22: Young Link
23: Ganondorf
24: Mewtwo
25: Roy
25e: Chrom
26: Mr. Game & Watch
27: Meta Knight
28: Pit
28e: Dark Pit
29: Zero Suit Samus
30: Wario
31: Snake
32: Ike
33-35: Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
36: Diddy Kong
37: Lucas
38: Sonic
39: King Dedede
40: Olimar
41: Lucario
42: R.O.B.
43: Toon Link
44: Wolf
45: Villager
46: Mega Man
47: Wii Fit Trainer
48: Rosalina & Luma
49: Little Mac
50: Greninja
51-53: Mii (Brawler, Gunner, Swordfighter)
54: Palutena
55: Pac-Man
56: Robin
57: Shulk
58: Bowser Jr.
59: Duck Hunt
60: Ryu
60e: Ken
61: Cloud
62: Corrin
63: Bayonetta
64: Inkling