• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Truth is, I don't really freak out when it comes to Smash reveals, even if it's my most wanted.

But I will admit I felt something when Villager was revealed in Smash 4, and I had that same feeling when Inklings were confirmed, and I'll probably relive that feeling if Isaac, Starfy, Paper Mario, Maxwell, Octolings, or Steve got in.

D

Deleted member

Ahem...
@Thesaurus30

In the beginning there was nothing.
Then there was a shlocky cyberpunk novel made called "Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei"
Then Atlus made an adaptation of that game called Megami Tensei.
Then Atlus made a sequel series called Shin Megami Tensei
Then they made a spin-off called Shin Megami Tensei: If
Then they made a separate series using concepts from that spin-off called "Megami Ibunroku Persona"
Then they made a sequel called Persona 2
View attachment 209348
This is the part where people start caring.
Then they made another sequel that was wildly different and far more appealing to mass audiences called Persona 3
Then they saw it was super massively popular and rushed to make a sequel to that called Persona 4.
Then they saw it was even MORE massively popular and waited a long time before making Persona 5.

And then Joker got into Smash.
Persona now heavily overshadows SMT.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, with Joker's realistic looking pistols in Smash, guess who now has a shot (no pun intended)
Doomslayer
Any RE protagonist
James Bond
Master Chief
Lara Croft
Nathan Drake
CJ from GTA
Frank West
Farmer from DBZ

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Hey, the EO option finally isn't going to be dead last in one of these polls! All according to plan. :foe!:

So does that mean if I start pushing the point that it has a literal Gunner class, it'll be easier to get people to play the games? :b

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, the EO option finally isn't going to be dead last in one of these polls! All according to plan. :foe!:

So does that mean if I start pushing the point that it has a literal Gunner class, it'll be easier to get people to play the games? :b
I think Etrian Odyssey sucks!

1555474138744.png

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

To be fair I put in the Metal Gear Solid reference way after the Poll had started. So.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Those last 2 options were added after the poll actually started...

D

Deleted member

Mementos not legal?

...Yeah real talk, the stage is suuuuper brightly colored. Can't imagine it's easy to focus on what you're doing with all that stuff going on on the stage.

Good thing I ain't competitive. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To Whom'st it may concern, Ninja Gaiden 2 is coming to X.B.O.X.

Also I learned that Whom'st isn't something my computer feels should be auto corrected.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Mementos not legal?

...Yeah real talk, the stage is suuuuper brightly colored.

Good thing I ain't competitive. :p
Hazardless it might be fine as a battlefield clone.

With hazards though, hahaha, you get run over trains by both edges of the screen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would love a GTA character in Smash just because how the **** would you make a moveset for him?

I'm genuinely curious.

D

Deleted member

All I'll say about Banjo & Kazooie is that come E3, you already know I got the memes on deck. But remember who got the Banjo train back in kickin'. Don't underestimate the power of the soul.

2 insiders was all it took to get the Erdrick train going. And uh, I guess they have built up 20 years of requests for them in Smash, but hey, I'm just speculating.

My fate is sealed.

Let's see if I'll stay alive.

scott is outside.png

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I never really got into Persona, but after seeing Mementos and that general vibe P5 has, I have a newfound appreciation for the franchise. Like damn, that's a really ****ing sick art style.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
tehponycorn's 32nd DLC prediction:
  1. Piranha Plant
  2. Joker
  3. Erdrick
  4. Banjo
  5. Jill/Leon
  6. Velvet Crowe/Yuri Lowell
  7. Either Nintendo Promotional Rep (Astral Chain Twins, Gen 8, or Three Houses) or Bonus Ballot character (Sora)
As far as I'm concerned Spirits are disconfirmed, and Mii Costumes are to be taken with incredulity.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The 5chan leak is fake because it completely failed to mention mementos gimmick, as well as the fanafare. On top of the fact it also said Jack Frost is in the mementos stage which he isn’t.
The Gimmick and Fanfare? And I can get the Jack Frost thing, but does that really hard deconfirm it? Just because Jack Frost doesn't show up? Didn't this dude call Joker way before TGA, get the stage right, get P5U and P5R right, and THEN guess the remaining 4...?

Or did I miss something?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah these are opinions, fight me.

Scorpion
Heavy
Kratos

Those are my pipe dreams in order of want
Kratos has the consistent relevancy that Heavy lacks, who really only had the recent Team Fortress franchise to speak for. Also, Scorpion isn't all too marketable in a game like Smash, at least Kratos can be scaled down. As a gaming icon, and the God of War series' success, Kratos most warrants the spot. It was kind of hard to find a great reason because the chances are so slim.

Jill.

Other characters who aren't Jill.
There are characters who have a better shot than Jill. If you wanted Jill to be the answer, you probably should have picked beatable competition. Erdrick is a character that isn't Jill. Character that isn't Jill wins.

Erdrick
Banjo
Jill
Sans
Erdrick. They are currently listed from most likely to least likely out of what you have.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would love a GTA character in Smash just because how the **** would you make a moveset for him?

I'm genuinely curious.
If it's CJ, then his normals would be the variants of the no weapon combos, and his Smash attacks use melee weapons
Side B revolves him getting into a car and mowing down his opponents.
Neutral B is Gun
Up B is the Jetpack
Down B is some kind of explosive.
Final Smash is gang warfare.

D

Deleted member

By the way, the fact we have Persona 3 and 4 music on the Persona 5 stage of all things just makes this even more sad that there will still never be music outside of Final Fantasy VII.

scott has committed suicide.png

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It was ahead of the Mii Fighter option even though it was also added after the poll started. So there. Think you're so clever, eh? :foe!:
Keep it up and I'm gonna delete that Etrian Odyssey option! :bowser:

Shroob

Sup?
tehponycorn's 32nd DLC prediction:
  1. Piranha Plant
  2. Joker
  3. Erdrick
  4. Banjo
  5. Jill/Leon
  6. Velvet Crowe/Yuri Lowell
  7. Either Nintendo Promotional Rep (Astral Chain Twins, Gen 8, or Three Houses) or Bonus Ballot character (Sora)
As far as I'm concerned Spirits are disconfirmed, and Mii Costumes are to be taken with incredulity.
If Corrin's thighs were too hot for Smash, this ain't gonna fly without a massive censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom