• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It might mean nothing but it still feels very suspicious, like they jumped the gun on something they weren't supposed to give out yet.

Banjo-Kazooie was supposed to have an item in the lootcrates in February, to go with a "sidekicks" or duo theme, but the item was pulled and Banjo-Kazooie disappeared from their website or whatever. The official Loot Crate twitter also tweeted about Banjo-Kazooie and asked if people would be hyped for them in Smash, but it was deleted and no explanation was given for any of this, just they let people get refunds and apologized that it was gone.
Actually the item got delayed and shipped at a later date due to a manufacturing error.
I know this because I got that crate specifically for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Joke: Jane hints toward Jill.
Yeah no you have a point. I get it. There's nothing directly hinting at Jill so we shouldn't jump to conclus--

OH WAIT NO BECAUSE

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You guys.

Mementos without hazards might be a legal stage choice.

RIVERS IN THE DESERT PLAYING IN EVO GRAND FINALS COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN.
stage looks a little too big tho

also damn them slopes lmao

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It’s specifically the Smashboards Trans Girl Sailor Scouts. Do you qualify?
You guys.

Mmmm. One platform in the middle, one on the left side. The asymmetry may be too great to accept here.

Also if that third platform is in then Mementos is out, because I believe it is not a fall-through.

Hell yeah let's make it happen!!!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm still sticking to my guns and saying that Erdrick is our next character. Not really sure what disconfirmed that 5chan leak or whatever but Erdrick just seems like a no brainer now. Or Slime. Basically anything Dragon Quest. And I don't think they'll wait till E3 to announce them. Fighter's Pass owners are now left with, "Ok, what's next?" And I don't think they'll keep us in the dark till E3. They didn't take long at all to say Joker was the first Character so I'm guessing in the next couple weeks we'll know who's next.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wow, I never thought about that theory. Maybe KOS-MOS chances increased :D
Maybe. But let's not jump the gun just yet.

This is only based off of one DLC character. We can't really call it a pattern/trend just yet until we see the Mii costumes for the next DLC character.

It's a possibility though, so it's a good thing to keep in the back of our minds.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As someone who lacks in knowledge of the Persona games, do P1 and P2 exist? All I know of the first one is a small TV Tropes article I read months ago.
They do exist but they have not much similar to what most people know for Persona games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mmmm. One platform in the middle, one on the left side. The asymmetry may be too great to accept here.

Also if that third platform is in then Mementos is out, because I believe it is not a fall-through.

Hell yeah let's make it happen!!!
Alright! I’ll add you to the list! We divide up the specific rolls tomorrow after Joker hype has died down.

D

Deleted member

You guys.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's big af, and lord knows we already have so many huge stages

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wow, I didn't even notice at first.

In the P3 theme, the circles on Mementos' main platform change into the green Persona 3 Dark Hour clocks.

I love it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Actually the item got delayed and shipped at a later date due to a manufacturing error.
I know this because I got the crate specifically for it.
oh.

well now I feel behind.

at least there's still Phil Spencer's words and insiders thinking it's possible and two Minecraft employees acting weird after talking about Steve and Smash and then backtracking, one giving a grimace emoji when politely asked whether she can answer about Steve in Smash or if she can't say at all (may also mean nothing but if Banjo is in..Steve, Cuphead, and Chief being out basically makes Banjo seem confirmed to Microsoft insiders and potential leakers, not just Smash fans).

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just noticed the Velvet Room's song was white, unlike the other 3 categories of songs.

I wonder if it means it'll randomly choose a stage type.
Makes sense, since the Velvet Room isn't tied specifically to any single Persona game.

You guys.

Whoa calm down buddy. We still have to test the size/blast zones/stage layout before we can even consider making it legal.

And considering we have a small selection of stages out of 103, don't get your hopes up just yet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie has always been so pipe dream it feels bandwagony to start pushing him now. But god damn little LTP would be happy to see that goofy guy and bird in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
joker looks scary day 1

people going to scream from the rooftops "op!! ban!! too strong!!"

and then they'll adapt in like a week or a month and end up becoming mid tier or just get nerfed like k rool

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Mii costume theory sounds cool on paper, with the remaining 3rd Party costumes being released with that company's character. However, that would imply that there would be 2 Sega DLC reps, because if the the theory were the case, Jacky and Akira would also be released with Joker, but that didn't happen. So either there's FOUR Sega reps in the game, the costumes would be released some other time rendering the theory moot, or some 3rd party costumes will be cut altogether.
We're probably getting a mii costume pack during character drought times too like we did for Smash 4 so I wouldn't put too much stock into that theory. Or at least, wait until we have more than one mii fighter pack to go off of.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ahem...
@Thesaurus30

In the beginning there was nothing.
Then there was a shlocky cyberpunk novel made called "Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei"
Then Atlus made an adaptation of that game called Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei having the same name..
Then Atlus made a sequel series called Shin Megami Tensei
Then they made a spin-off called Shin Megami Tensei: If
Then they made a separate series using concepts from that spin-off called "Megami Ibunroku Persona"
Then they made a sequel called Persona 2
Sakurai Persona.jpg

This is the part where people start caring.
Then they made another sequel that was wildly different and far more appealing to mass audiences called Persona 3
Then they saw it was super massively popular and rushed to make a sequel to that called Persona 4.
Then they saw it was even MORE massively popular and waited a long time before making Persona 5.

And then Joker got into Smash.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm still sticking to my guns and saying that Erdrick is our next character. Not really sure what disconfirmed that 5chan leak or whatever but Erdrick just seems like a no brainer now. Or Slime. Basically anything Dragon Quest. And I don't think they'll wait till E3 to announce them. Fighter's Pass owners are now left with, "Ok, what's next?" And I don't think they'll keep us in the dark till E3. They didn't take long at all to say Joker was the first Character so I'm guessing in the next couple weeks we'll know who's next.
The 5chan leak is fake because it completely failed to mention mementos gimmick, as well as the fanafare. On top of the fact it also said Jack Frost is in the mementos stage which he isn’t.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Sorry if this was already discussed a million times but what time is this update dropping?

Also, with Joker's realistic looking pistols in Smash, guess who now has a shot (pun intended)

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Okay, you know what? Quote this post and give me three to five video game characters. I'll tell you which one is most likely to be the next DLC out of them. This is just a little Persona hiatus for me.
Scorpion
Heavy
Kratos

Those are my pipe dreams in order of want

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ahem...
@Thesaurus30

In the beginning there was nothing.
Then there was a shlocky cyberpunk novel made called "Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei"
Then Atlus made an adaptation of that game called Megami Tensei.
Then Atlus made a sequel series called Shin Megami Tensei
Then they made a spin-off called Shin Megami Tensei: If
Then they made a separate series using concepts from that spin-off called "Megami Ibunroku Persona"
Then they made a sequel called Persona 2

This is the part where people start caring.
Then they made another sequel that was wildly different and far more appealing to mass audiences called Persona 3
Then they saw it was super massively popular and rushed to make a sequel to that called Persona 4.
Then they saw it was even MORE massively popular and waited a long time before making Persona 5.

And then Joker got into Smash.
so does this mean that atlus pretty much stole a whole series from a guy

is this shrek all over again

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, you know what? Quote this post and give me three to five video game characters. I'll tell you which one is most likely to be the next DLC out of them. This is just a little Persona hiatus for me.
Jill.

Other characters who aren't Jill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom