• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ryu Hayabusa
Banjo-Kazooie
Nightmare
Banjo. Ninja Gaiden isn't a huge name and hasn't head enough recent relevancy. While those are both Banjo's downfalls too, Ryu Hayabusa's situation is far more dire. If it's Kirby Nightmare we are talking about, then they aren't a recurring character in the series, despite notability.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
and Conker (I know there's Conker fans out there, we gotta be more vocal...)

Snip
Conker is a fine Microsoft rep. Loved Live & Reloaded's online multiplayer, and BFD has amusing variety for local multiplayer too.

Main game is fine. Decent platformer that mixes up some genres in the game. Nothing ground breaking but charming.

Also Microsoft still use Conker unlike Banjo don't @ me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Gimmick and Fanfare? And I can get the Jack Frost thing, but does that really hard deconfirm it? Just because Jack Frost doesn't show up? Didn't this dude call Joker way before TGA, get the stage right, get P5U and P5R right, and THEN guess the remaining 4...?

Or did I miss something?
Yes because iirc the mementos description was odd. Also if you really knew joker was in I can’t see you not detail that stuff. They did for erdrick. Plus I believe that was a week before tga.

With them being very wrong on the stage I can’t believe that leak anymore.

And considering that’s when insiders started backing erdrick more I think it’s hit or miss for him now.

We’ll know at E3.

If there’s no Erdrick then we should absolutely not listen to any claims of the remaining characters, because it would definitely prove that no one really knows.

Which is good I like surprises

D

Deleted member

Okay, you know what? Quote this post and give me three to five video game characters. I'll tell you which one is most likely to be the next DLC out of them. This is just a little Persona hiatus for me.
Geno
Duster
Ninten
Heavy
Porky

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just saw the 3.0 trailer. Nothing particularly news worthy but Joker seems really Bayonetta-ish IMO.

And are they really selling Tails/Knuckles Mii Costume DLC twice in a row? Methinks this means bad things for Geno and Lloyd.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Banjo. Ninja Gaiden isn't a huge name and hasn't head enough recent relevancy. While those are both Banjo's downfalls too, Ryu Hayabusa's situation is far more dire. If it's Kirby Nightmare we are talking about, then they aren't a recurring character in the series, despite notability.
I mean he’s still alive in fittingly enough Dead or Alive which 6 released less than two months ago.

Also Soulcalibur’s Nightmare I’m referring to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay, you know what? Quote this post and give me three to five video game characters. I'll tell you which one is most likely to be the next DLC out of them. This is just a little Persona hiatus for me.
Mega Man X(I know he's unlikely but I'll keep the dream alive.)
Jin Kazama
Ryu Hayabusa
Jill Valentine
Lara Croft

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Also Microsoft still use Conker unlike Banjo don't @ me.
People have made the argument that this is because Conker appeals to the more edgy Xbox audience, but I disagree because he was not involved in anything M rated besides Live & Reloaded. Conker's Big Reunion was T-rated, and Young Conker E-rated. Microsoft/Rare believe Conker is profitable.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultsimon: explain how these two showed up then if you're so right :ultrichter:

D

Deleted member

Honestly given some of the stuff in this shadow drop, I'm inclined to think that the DLC was pre-planned long ago. The spirits, the addition of Joker in the banner, Mii costumes from 3rd parties being moved to DLC, could potentially (and I repeat potentially) indicate that the DLC newcomer selection started and finalized everything regarding negotiations even earlier that expected.

After reading some suff from TheMightyP TheMightyP , I think I possibly jumped the gun with the Mii costumes since I forgot about Akira. I think it could potentially mean characters from the companies appearing as DLC but nothing concrete yet (please only take it as a possibility).

D

Deleted member

Btw they're totally announcing two characters at E3 so start speculating on The One Who's Not Erdrick

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyway here's my list of demon slayers I want for Smash Ultimate post-gun acceptance.

None of em are likely, but hey...
A man can dream.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
D4UmBzAUcAEyb41.png

This is beautiful. Joker's the greatest ****ing DLC character ever made, in any game, ever.

He's so faithful to his source material, it's insane.

D

Deleted member

BK is the more irrelevant of the three:
-Ryu has existed since the 80s and his last game came in 2014. Plus he keeps appearing in Dead or Alive which had an entry this year.
-Nightmare from Soul Calibur/Edge comes from 1996 and his last entry was last year.
-BK came after these two series and their series got killed before them, his only relevancy is being a Nintendo mascot at some point.

Edit to prevent arguments regarding BK chance, you can make arguments in favor of Banjo but them being more relevant to other characters is difficult for him to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So it's officially the 17th, but Joker's not out yet, so I'm guessing he won't be out until later today.

Ah well, I suppose that's for the best, on my end at least.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly given some of the stuff in this shadow drop, I'm inclined to think that the DLC was pre-planned long ago. The spirits, the addition of Joker in the banner, Mii costumes from 3rd parties being moved to DLC, could potentially (and I repeat potentially) indicate that the DLC newcomer selection started and finalized everything regarding negotiations even earlier that expected.

After reading some suff from TheMightyP TheMightyP , I think I possibly jumped the gun with the Mii costumes since I forgot about Akira. I think it could potentially mean characters from the companies appearing as DLC but nothing concrete yet (please only take it as a possibility).
I'm think the DLC was finalized before the game came out, the thing is they just haven't started development on any of them besides Plant by the time the game came out, who even then wasn't finished. The mural is probably completed since all it is is moving some pngs and adding some new creating new art to fill that gap, and costumes aren't that much work compared to everything else, it's just that the characters take a while to do.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean he’s still alive in fittingly enough Dead or Alive which 6 released less than two months ago.

Also Soulcalibur’s Nightmare I’m referring to.
Yeah considering Ninja Gaiden has had more recent releases than Banjo (Re-releases of 3D NG2, two versions of 3D NG3, Yaiba, a mainstay in DOA which just got DOA6). I think the DS game came out after Nuts and Bolts as well, but I could be wrong about that.

On top of that, Hayabusa's OG games are just of much of classics of the industry as Banjo's if not more so. But I do think Banjo's been more in the fans sights. Then again we thought only 12 people wanted Simon(myself included but not as much as Ridley for example.) And yet Castlevania was stated to be pretty huge in the ballot by the devs themselves. So who's to say that Hayabusa wouldn't also apply to that?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm think the DLC was finalized before the game came out, the thing is they just haven't started development on any of them besides Plant by the time the game came out, who even then wasn't finished. The mural is probably completed since all it is is moving some pngs and adding some new creating new art to fill that gap, and costumes aren't that much work compared to everything else, it's just that the characters take a while to do.
Now, I'd 'agree' with you, to an extent, but we know both Joker and Brave have been in development since before the game came out.

Now, we don't know how late into development they started, but their data's been there since 1.0.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
https://screenrant.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-second-dlc-character/amp/

For reference this is the 5chan leak. Which looking back it’s odd it’s lists alts for erdrick but not the school one for joker.

And honestly I can’t see them not have mentioned all the fanfare, there’s so many fine details in joker that this just doesn’t list. Which feels like they tried to play it safe imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom