• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The real issue is why aren't we talking more about Resident Evil 2.

Who's even heard of Heart Kingdom anyway.
Kingdom Hearts more like Kingdom Farts

Resident Evil more like The Residents Are Drinking Diesel

Let's talk about the REAL game, Scribblenauts for the Nintendo DS that game was hella lit

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, if there is no Direct tomorrow, how will this affect the news drought to you?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Let's talk about the REAL game, Scribblenauts for the Nintendo DS that game was hella lit
I never thought I could hear pure, concentrated truth in one Smashboards post.

I was wrong.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Except it was made completely irrelevant when they released Super Scribblenauts, which was just like the first game except you could ****ing control your character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno if it's me, but it really feels like there hasn't been a "big" Nintendo Switch release in a long while. Looking back at this month with Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts back-to-back, I miss when Nintendo had a consistent pace of releases every month back in 2017.

Smash Ultimate's great, but when you look at it, it's mostly the same song and dance from past Smash games, but looks fantastic. Pokemon Let's Go already is another can of worms. Was hoping for at least another "big" release for this month, but it just feels like Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is the one "big" release. A No More Heroes side game and another Wii U port ain't cutting it.

I dunno if any y'all have been feeling it lately, was curious.

D

Deleted member

I dunno if it's me, but it really feels like there hasn't been a "big" Nintendo Switch release in a long while. Looking back at this month with Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts back-to-back, I miss when Nintendo had a consistent pace of releases every month back in 2017.

Smash Ultimate's great, but when you look at it, it's mostly the same song and dance from past Smash games, but looks fantastic. Pokemon Let's Go already is another can of worms. Was hoping for at least another "big" release for this month, but it just feels like Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is the one "big" release. A No More Heroes side game and another Wii U port ain't cutting it.

smash like just came out a month ago

D

Deleted member

Except it was made completely irrelevant when they released Super Scribblenauts, which was just like the first game except you could ****ing control your character.
something something just because you're correct something something doesn't mean you're right

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

What do you mean? What about Smash?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Smash was huge in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not a big release.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nah, I'm just goofin'. They're cute, if a little cheesy.

But so is this whole franchise, so it fits right in. I don't seriously mind them, lol. :)
oh ripme, cant. read jokes online pff

but yeah, they make me smile tbh it helps I find the whole "Sora getting his first phone" thing adorable

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Not in the least bit comparable, since neither Capcom nor Square Enix are console manufacturers and putting two separate companies' big releases on separate consoles back to back to illustrate a fault of a single company-- Nintendo-- not doing the same is pretty disingenuous. The idea of a drought should be applied equally if you're going to compare them. When was Capcom's last big release? Monster Hunter World in January 2018?

Smash was huge in my opinion.
Not just in your opinion. In numbers. It's the fastest selling console exclusive ever, and pushed the Switch to have the biggest month of console sales in a single month in history behind only the Nintendo Wii in its biggest year.

TotsBS is just bored of Smash apparently and wants to blame Nintendo for, uh. Doing well? I guess?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Like I said, Smash is great, but a LOT of it is past content that we've already played through, just redone.

Maybe if the online wasn't trash and single-player was more fine tuned, I'd say otherwise.
Louder!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Like I said, Smash is great, but a LOT of it is past content that we've already played through, just redone.

Maybe if the online wasn't trash and single-player was more fine tuned, I'd say otherwise.
Eh, I'd beg to differ. What about spirits? And we haven't gone through anything like WoL before (SSE is different, I'd say) and besides, this logic could go for other games, like Kirby. It's just the same thing but new features and levels.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Yeah, the first part especially is true, but there is something about Smash that makes it fun to play no matter what in every console generation, ya know.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The reason for the strong push in 2017 was because Nintendo needed it. The Wii U was going to be unplugged very soon and Nintendo needed to start strong after the disaster that was... the Wii U.

Now that they captured a sizable audience, they no longer have to slug big hits after big hits anymore. The big push was at the beginning, so thier job is done.

Also, Smash was the massive holiday push, and it's doing really well.

D

Deleted member

Not in the least bit comparable, since neither Capcom nor Square Enix are console manufacturers and putting two separate companies' big releases on separate consoles back to back to illustrate a fault of a single company-- Nintendo-- not doing the same is pretty disingenuous. The idea of a drought should be applied equally if you're going to compare them. When was Capcom's last big release? Monster Hunter World in January 2018?
Your point is strong.
Capcom and Square are just publishers/developers, so they need to focus only on the development of their titles and the marketing. Nintendo however, also has to do tweaks every once in a while to their actual console on the market, work on their online service, manage their official stores around the world, and some other stuff besides their first party titles.

They obviously need to take more time.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ok, then I suppose you'll be tripping over yourself to play Brawl.
I actually really like Brawl...
In fact, I think it's better than Melee

Not only did it get me into the series, but it was just so fun to play, and it had a nice batch of newcomers

and let's be honest, tripping was barely an issue, unless you were trying to play competitively

Brawl was made to be a party game, first and foremost, and imo, it succeeded in that regard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom