• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What do you all think the biggest surprise was for Ultimate?
The Gen 7 rep turning out to be :ultincineroar:, after everyone just came to the conclusion that it would would be Decidueye or Lycanroc
That was a pretty great surprise, as someone who chose Litten in Sun and Moon

That, and planty boi, :ultpiranha:...
Very unexpected

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Your point is strong.
Capcom and Square are just publishers/developers, so they need to focus only on the development of their titles and the marketing. Nintendo however, also has to do tweaks every once in a while to their actual console on the market, work on their online service, manage their official stores around the world, and some other stuff besides their first party titles.

They obviously need to take more time.
Well it's not necessarily that. Nintendo can partner and negotiate with third parties to develop exclusive games for them (which, by the way, is what they did for Smash, as it was developed by Sora and Bandai Namco). My point is that counting two completely separate companies releasing on multiple consoles at once as a single comparison to Nintendo's output in the month after they released the fastest selling console exclusive of all time isn't a good comparison at all.

It would be like saying the New England Patriots didn't do well enough one week because they didn't win as many games as the Steelers and Saints combined. Like. No **** they didn't. That's two teams playing their own games.

D

Deleted member

The biggest surprises for me with Smash Ultimate where Dark Samus, Stage Morphing, K.Rool, Richter, Ken not looking as bad as in SFV, the playable Master Hand level and the F-Zero medley.

D

Deleted member

Smash was huge in my opinion.
If they add more modes, I'll swing the other way. Just repeating Classic, Spirits, WoL then repeat is a bit tiresome after a while.

Not in the least bit comparable, since neither Capcom nor Square Enix are console manufacturers and putting two separate companies' big releases on separate consoles back to back to illustrate a fault of a single company-- Nintendo-- not doing the same is pretty disingenuous. The idea of a drought should be applied equally if you're going to compare them. When was Capcom's last big release? Monster Hunter World in January 2018?

Not just in your opinion. In numbers. It's the fastest selling console exclusive ever, and pushed the Switch to have the biggest month of console sales in a single month in history behind only the Nintendo Wii in its biggest year.

TotsBS is just bored of Smash apparently and wants to blame Nintendo for, uh. Doing well? I guess?
How am I in anyway blaming Nintendo for doing well? You're completely taking my words out of context. Of course Smash is huge, but again, it's more of the same song and dance. If anything, I hoped for at least a little bit more of new content (completely new stages, modes aside from WoL and Classic, etc.) than what we got.

And I'm looking at this as someone who views the three different console platforms, like what can I get from Sony that I can't from Nintendo, etc, devs aside.

Eh, I'd beg to differ. What about spirits? And we haven't gone through anything like WoL before (SSE is different, I'd say) and besides, this logic could go for other games, like Kirby. It's just the same thing but new features and levels.
World of Light could've borrowed from Subspace, and Subspace could've borrowed from World of Light. Spirits are nice, but it's the other single player content like the stadium modes that make me feeling a bit desired.

D

Deleted member

And it released within the same year of it's announcement!
I wasn't participating in the speculation season in Smash 4, so it must've been hell to wait more than a year for Smash 4 lol.

I'm happy Ultimate released in the same year of it's announcement

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wasn't participating in the speculation season in Smash 4, so it must've been hell to wait more than a year for Smash 4 lol.

I'm happy Ultimate released in the same year of it's announcement
I would mention that, but that also spawned the unsurprising argument of "IT'S JUST A PORT WITH INKLINGS" vs "IT'S A NEW GAME, LOOK AT THE LOGO".

Everyone saw that debate coming
If it took two years to release, Springman and Decidueye would be "guaranteed" for a long time.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
As a believer myself, let me try to explain why people tend to hate the Christian community.

Many of them don't practice what they preach. It's totally fine to believe in God, and to talk with others about it, and go to church, but Christians have a tendency to A. Make everything about religion; and B. Don't know when to back off.

As a trans woman, let me tell you what's off-putting to me. Being approached by a person and having them tell me "If you don't change your ways, you're going to hell!" I've heard this many times beforehand over hundreds of different scenarios and actions. God tells us to spread the word with love, not hate. So when you have people constantly shoving it down the throats of the "heathens and sinners", you're not doing what God asks.

Beyond that, so-called "Christians" tend to be very judgmental and look down on the "sinners." In the Bible, Jesus dined with sinners and said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." I don't like calling myself a Christian due to the problems that come with the way those who claim it behave. I call myself, simply, a "believer."
Yeah, many are also hypocrites.
They are fine with associating with adulterers and some are even fine with killing LGBT despite those two being against the 10 Commandments while LGBT isn't.

They won't admit that the only reason they don't accept it is due to it being 'weird' to them.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, many are also hypocrites.
They are fine with associating with adulterers and some are even fine with killing LGBT despite those two being against the 10 Commandments while LGBT isn't.

They won't admit that the only reason they don't accept it is due to it being 'weird' to them.
Actually, whilst it isn’t against the 10 Commandments, the Bible doesn’t seem to approve.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How am I in anyway blaming Nintendo for doing well? You're completely taking my words out of context. Of course Smash is huge, but again, it's more of the same song and dance. If anything, I hoped for at least a little bit more of new content (completely new stages, modes aside from WoL and Classic, etc.) than what we got.

And I'm looking at this as someone who views the three different console platforms, like what can I get from Sony that I can't from Nintendo, etc, devs aside.
Not really dude. I've got the context. You're not making good logic with that comparison. You specifically said "Nintendo Switch" then listed two third party titles with no mention of any other consoles or PCs, then blamed Nintendo directly with the sentence, "I miss when Nintendo had a consistent pace of releases every month back in 2017." And that's not even beginning on the notion that you lamented "a consistent pace of releases" in the same paragraph as saying there was a Pokemon game and a Smash game released in less than a month. The fact that you personally didn't like those games as much as you'd hoped you would doesn't somehow negate their releases from counting. You're mixing arguments.

If you want to spawn a discussion about release schedules or the quality of games released, maybe phrase it better and make adequate comparisons that mean something.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Shaggy for Mortal Kombat is gonna be a reality probably at this rate
I mean, why not? Scooby Doo is owned by Warner Bros. and I'm pretty sure that Mortal Kombat is at least affiliated with Warner Bros., Shaggy has somewhat of a connection to MK.

D

Deleted member

I mean, why not? Scooby Doo is owned by Warner Bros. and I'm pretty sure that Mortal Kombat is at least affiliated with Warner Bros., Shaggy has somewhat of a connection to MK.
The only thing that will make me play MK.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I thought of an idea for a secret boss.
He is basically an insane ghost, who wants to kill every living being to send them to a "better place" He basically uses illusions to distract you whilst he attacks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Gen 7 rep turning out to be :ultincineroar:, after everyone just came to the conclusion that it would would be Decidueye or Lycanroc
That was a pretty great surprise, as someone who chose Litten in Sun and Moon

That, and planty boi, :ultpiranha:...
Very unexpected
Honestly, where is this "everyone" part? I considered Incineroar as a likely candidate early on(well before Verg), which Decidueye, Lycanroc, and Mimikyu all contenders. Those were always the 4 notable contenders. Incineroar was definitely thought of before Verg. The problem is people didn't give anyone but Decidueye a chance instead. It was a very annoying echo chamber. Coincidentally it wasn't the echo chamber'd option that got in. Though the fact he was the only other one considered is definitely not helping the situation, but thankfully no flame wars broke out on this thread, at least.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo releases Smash patch:

Us: "Cool, what'd you change?"

Nintendo: "Now, where would be the fun in telling you? Figure it out yourselves. It's like a scavenger hunt! :D"

Us: "Can you at least give us character changes?"

Nintendo: ":ultmario:"

Us: "What about him?"

Nintendo: ";)"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wow its almost as if thats why they chose mortal kombat out of any other game

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Actually, whilst it isn’t against the 10 Commandments, the Bible doesn’t seem to approve.
The Old Testament doesn't seem to approve. That's just the Torah. It's the scripture that's used for reference since Jesus was Jewish. Jesus himself, and all of the New Testament (the actual Christian part) says nothing about LGBT, trans, or anything resembling it.

Not wanting to spawn a religious discussion, since this isn't the place for it, but that's a commonly misconstrued fact I see too often. The Old Testament also demanded we burn our finest calf if we commit a sin, but you don't see anyone holding to that anymore.

D

Deleted member

The Old Testament doesn't seem to approve. That's just the Torah. It's the scripture that's used for reference since Jesus was Jewish. Jesus himself, and all of the New Testament (the actual Christian part) says nothing about LGBT, trans, or anything resembling it.

Not wanting to spawn a religious discussion, since this isn't the place for it, but that's a commonly misconstrued fact I see too often. The Old Testament also demanded we burn our finest calf if we commit a sin, but you don't see anyone holding to that anymore.
Ah, ok. Pardon my misinformation.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please keep in mind to avoid religious and political discussions. This may be the Ultimate Social thread but the Debate Hall is better suited for such topics.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Nothing's wrong with a little religion in the topic as long as you're only citing from the book if you ask me.

funny how barbaric it was thousands of years ago

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nothing's wrong with a little religion in the topic as long as you're only citing from the book if you ask me.

funny how barbaric it was thousands of years ago
I took a class called "The Bible as Literature" that read it as a historical text and it's fascinating. I have three different translations of it in my home, but I'm not religious.

It's just something where, when someone says, "It's in the Bible," I like to look it up or quote scripture back at them from memory. Because so many scripture quotes are taken out of their proper context. Or they use the translation that most loosely means what they're trying to say, even though two other translations don't say that.

I love religious talk and I hate that bringing it up anywhere is frowned upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom