• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just got done playing 4 hours of KH3.

The game opens with a prologue named "Kingdom Hearts 2.9".

The game's loading screens also feature what I can only describe as posts from every character in the game's Instagram accounts with heart hashtags.

View attachment 189243

Why are you like this Nomura.

This game has the best opening out of any of the KH games. No fluff, no annoying tutorials, just pure KH gameplay right from the get-go. Seems they took the biggest criticisms to KH2 to heart on this one. Olympus Coliseum in this game is now officially one of my most favorite worlds. You even get to go to actual Olympus and fight the Titans! It was a surprisingly challenging boss fight too, with lots of attacks requiring good timing on dodging and blocking to avoid. Both of which I have yet to master. Needless to say, I'm getting beat up a lot. :p

The battle system is sooooooo smooth! It's a little too early to say how I feel it compares to the majesty that is KH2's battle system, but this game is definitely not lacking in that department. There is so, so much depth to this game's combat. Sora is a joy to control with flashy combos, as well as dodging and blocking being available from the start (FINALLY). Magic is also super good in this game! For my Dive to the Heart selections, I chose to be Balanced and a Mystic, and so far, it seems to be paying off. Sora has survivability as well as good ranged and crowd control options through magic and other MP related shenanigans, which is neat. Flow Motion is back but got nerfed big time, which is honestly a plus in my eyes; that jank was way too good in 3D, as was never fun to spam the way that game wanted you to. Only mechanics I don't like so far are the rail segments and the Focus mechanics. The stick movement during those portions feel super slow and unresponsive, and make me yearn for gyro controls.

And the worlds! Oh my gosh, THE EXPLORATION IS SO GOOD. There are actual NPCs now that talk in the background and do NPC things! It's neat! I also love that the Trinity Limits are now actual parts of the gameplay instead of being cutscenes. Running up walls and jumping also feel really good, and feel like what they always wanted to do with KH map exploration but never could quite get down right. Maybe because of older hardware constraints? Regardless, worlds actually have a reason to be explored now with all of the things to do in them and the goodies to collect.

Game's performance on my old PS4 is also surprisingly very smooth. Cutscenes are the only parts of the game that seem to dip, and only in very specific places. Speaking of cutscenes, seeing the camera just move behind Sora to start a fight after a boss introduction rather than go to a loading screen every time is super neat.

TL;DR: KH3 is a fun game, guys.
Ok that's great and all.

But why the eff is Stitch only in one KH game?

This is the real issue.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've run out of ideas, please tell me a character to sprite.

Gonna eat dinner, brb.
If you're seriously taking requests just for practice.

And the asymmetry and multiple tiny details would make for a decent challenge.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What’s wrong with Sans?

Does his inclusion give you a bad time? Please don’t hurt me.
I have nothing against Sans, but I feel as if there would be better indie reps, as well as a better RPG.

Also, maybe I'm biased because I don't really see the appeal of Undertale, mostly because I haven't played it (but I also haven't played P5 nor Dragon Quest, and the only Crash game I played is Purple for the GBA, so, idk if that's the case).

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Anyone else have a character they both love and hate?

For me it's :ultken:. I like his improved speed & aesthetics compared to Ryu and his theme is amazing, but at the same time he was a horrible character to end on and (as everybody knows) he didn't bring Shadow with him.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

For me it's :ultken:. I like his improved speed & aesthetics compared to Ryu and his theme is amazing, but at the same time he was a horrible character to end on and (as everybody knows) he didn't bring Shadow with him.
Just because "he didn't bring Shadow with him" shouldn't affect the character themselves.

Noipoi

Howdy!

:ultrosalina:

I love her, and i'd like to play her. But I just can't get a feel for her.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

:ultdaisy: She's all I wanted but I don't gel with Peach's moveset. It doesn't work for me. So I pick her anyway and lose and get mad.

Also :ultcorrinf: because I really enjoy playing her but don't want people to think I'm into Fates. Or... feet.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So 2 and a half hours until 2.0.0 drops.

I wonder if it'll add anything, do any balance changes or if it'll be bug fixes

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:ultdaisy: She's all I wanted but I don't gel with Peach's moveset. It doesn't work for me. So I pick her anyway and lose in get mad.

Also :ultcorrinf: because I really enjoy playing her but don't want people to think I'm into Fates. Or... feet.
I bet you tell them you aren't into feet and they say you're in denial.

I know the feel, pal.

D

Deleted member

unpopular opinion, I find those loading screens wholesome
Nah, I'm just goofin'. They're cute, if a little cheesy.

But so is this whole franchise, so it fits right in. I don't seriously mind them, lol. :)

On the topic of Smash Bros., I saw people talking about Plant Boi earlier. Is there any confirmation he's coming tonight, or is it all speculation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Think we're gonna get patch notes for 2.0.0 like every other Nintendo game?
Nope, we're gonna have to go through the code with a fine tooth comb again.
Love to be wrong on this one...

D

Deleted member

I have nothing against Sans, but I feel as if there would be better indie reps, as well as a better RPG.

Also, maybe I'm biased because I don't really see the appeal of Undertale, mostly because I haven't played it (but I also haven't played P5 nor Dragon Quest, and the only Crash game I played is Purple for the GBA, so, idk if that's the case).
I guess a lot of the appeal comes from gameplay, characters, and that it doesn’t follow a lot of tropes I guess?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I bet you tell them you aren't into feet and they say you're in denial.

I know the feel, pal.
It's actually a running joke that started with my brother and bled into my friend group. I really don't like them. Like, it's a phobia. But now they get a kick out of saying that phobia is actually me trying too hard to pretend, and every time I pick Corrin the jokes come hard.

Fictional feet don't bother me. Actual feet touching me do. ****ing mutated hand things are gross as ****.

Didn't they say Plant was coming in February?
I believe they said by February. But I'm too lazy to look it up on my phone.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Replaying Pokemon White, the nostalgia is absolutely unreal.

There's nothing like going back to your first Pokemon game.
Wait... your first was White?

Huh... mine was Black...

I think we're secretly counterparts

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's actually a running joke that started with my brother and bled into my friend group. I really don't like them. Like, it's a phobia. But now they get a kick out of saying that phobia is actually me trying too hard to pretend, and every time I pick Corrin the jokes come hard.

Fictional feet don't bother me. Actual feet touching me do. ****ing mutated hand things are gross as ****.

I believe they said by February. But I'm too lazy to look it up on my phone.
A new tweet said he would be coming "around February"

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Just because "he didn't bring Shadow with him" shouldn't affect the character themselves.
Of course, that's just me being salty. I'm a big Sonic fan so I was disappointed we didn't get a second character for the series, but you're right that I shouldn't hold it against Ken who's completely unrelated.

D

Deleted member

In fairness, the words "around" and "by" when talking about Piranha Plant are Nintendo just being super noncommittal to any kind of date. They could technically work to describe a Jan. release, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Also since the topic came up, my first Pokemon game was Pokemon Conquest. My first mainline was Black 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

R O F L

Smash Ace
Think we're gonna get patch notes for 2.0.0 like every other Nintendo game?
It's possible. They might have heard reactions to the 1.2.0 patch notes or they just didn't show the 1.2.0 patch notes in detail because they were just bug fixes.

Most likely, they won't, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom