• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

His change is that he has the old stamina thing Pokemon Trainer had in Brawl.

But you can't switch pokemon.

So he just stays tired and sad and you learn an important lesson about love and friendship.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Thank you dearies~ It means a lot <3

This is still such a beautiful song, but really, I feel like Skrillex's style really takes a lot away from the best parts of it. It'd be better if it was just Utada.

D

Deleted member

I'm moving forward for the first time. I'm not moving backwards anymore!
And that is great.
With this new beginning, you can do even more wonderful stuff than ever before.

You can now show the world even more how much you can bring to it to make a better future.

D

Deleted member

I may be too invested into Marvel these past days.

I am starting to talk with myself on the street like Spider-Man does in the comics and many other media while travelling through the city.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Character progress!
Screenshot (292).png
Screenshot (293).png
After doing some research on big cat anatomy and basic proportions, I decided to redo everything I had before. I now have a longer torso, slightly shorter legs and a head attached to the body this time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just tried the Black Shadow spirit battle and got hit by the knee of justice and a giant Ganon's down air at the exact same time.

I'm not even mad.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here's your dlc, lads.

How do you feel about it?
I have zero interest in playing any of them but Piranha Plant and now I feel silly for buying the fighters pass.

Like, I knew I shouldn't, but I did anyway. This is my just reward.

D

Deleted member

I just got done playing 4 hours of KH3.

The game opens with a prologue named "Kingdom Hearts 2.9".

The game's loading screens also feature what I can only describe as posts from every character in the game's Instagram accounts with heart hashtags.

27af15d82b5c932e861a7b6010172854.png

Why are you like this Nomura.

This game has the best opening out of any of the KH games. No fluff, no annoying tutorials, just pure KH gameplay right from the get-go. Seems they took the biggest criticisms to KH2 to heart on this one. Olympus Coliseum in this game is now officially one of my most favorite worlds. You even get to go to actual Olympus and fight the Titans! It was a surprisingly challenging boss fight too, with lots of attacks requiring good timing on dodging and blocking to avoid. Both of which I have yet to master. Needless to say, I'm getting beat up a lot. :p

The battle system is sooooooo smooth! It's a little too early to say how I feel it compares to the majesty that is KH2's battle system, but this game is definitely not lacking in that department. There is so, so much depth to this game's combat. Sora is a joy to control with flashy combos, as well as dodging and blocking being available from the start (FINALLY). Magic is also super good in this game! For my Dive to the Heart selections, I chose to be Balanced and a Mystic, and so far, it seems to be paying off. Sora has survivability as well as good ranged and crowd control options through magic and other MP related shenanigans, which is neat. Flow Motion is back but got nerfed big time, which is honestly a plus in my eyes; that jank was way too good in 3D, as was never fun to spam the way that game wanted you to. Only mechanics I don't like so far are the rail segments and the Focus mechanics. The stick movement during those portions feel super slow and unresponsive, and make me yearn for gyro controls.

And the worlds! Oh my gosh, THE EXPLORATION IS SO GOOD. There are actual NPCs now that talk in the background and do NPC things! It's neat! I also love that the Trinity Limits are now actual parts of the gameplay instead of being cutscenes. Running up walls and jumping also feel really good, and feel like what they always wanted to do with KH map exploration but never could quite get down right. Maybe because of older hardware constraints? Regardless, worlds actually have a reason to be explored now with all of the things to do in them and the goodies to collect.

Game's performance on my old PS4 is also surprisingly very smooth. Cutscenes are the only parts of the game that seem to dip, and only in very specific places. Speaking of cutscenes, seeing the camera just move behind Sora to start a fight after a boss introduction rather than go to a loading screen every time is super neat.

TL;DR: KH3 is a fun game, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I just tried the Black Shadow spirit battle and got hit by the knee of justice and a giant Ganon's down air at the exact same time.

I'm not even mad.
Spirit battles are weird. Some of the conditions are like “Oh, you don’t have Screen-Reversal immunity? That’s fine” and others are like “You fool! The wind will blow you off the stage and consume your soul!”

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Pokemon aren't meant to fight...Not like this!
Yeah, no like that. Instead of ***** slapping one another, they have to throw attacks that are the equivalent of a nuke. :> It's perfectly fine.

xD When I first heard that line as I kid, I didn't realized the contradiction.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, then... who're you gonna give the Ring Pop to, now?
You wanna share it?

Platonically, I mean. Like, not in a weird way. Just two people sharing a single piece of suckable candy like friends do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom