• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Excuse you. I know it's trendy to hate on what's popular atm but those pokemon are popular for a reason and that is because of great designs and representation.

Sorry i don't like a set of keys or a trashbag like you guys and would prefer a fire breathing dragon.

And seriously? Triggered over an opinion, you guys serious?
The trash bag and the keys have their own meanings behind them. Again, the way you’re going about this sounds more like you’re stating an undisputed fact rather than an opinion. With that, I’ve said my piece with this discussion and will be stepping into the sidelines.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Excuse you. I know it's trendy to hate on what's popular atm but those pokemon are popular for a reason and that is because of great designs and representation.

Sorry i don't like a set of keys or a trashbag like you guys and would prefer a fire breathing dragon.

And seriously? Triggered over an opinion, you guys serious?
Triggered doesn't mean "made angry" but "Made alert". Learn English. Seeing your list was a sign to me that you were a genwunner so I called you out on it.
Then your way of stating things like they're facts triggered me in the memey sense of the word.

Also, you retreat back to insulting only Klefki and Garbodor while the list of bad gen1 designs mentioned has only increased in size.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
What Is everyone's 5 favorite Pokemon mine are

1 Oshawott
2 Samurott
3 Leafeon
4 Dewott
5 Cacturne
In no particular order.

Mew
Jigglypuff
Clefairy
Aipom
Vulpix

There's probably others but those were the first ones on my mind, probably a predictable list from me.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
What Is everyone's 5 favorite Pokemon mine are

1 Oshawott
2 Samurott
3 Leafeon
4 Dewott
5 Cacturne
My top 3 are Mew, Dragonite, and Heatran, in that order. I don't know what my number 4 and 5 are, but they’re most likely 2 out of Blaziken, Volcarona, Togekiss, and Groudon.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
??? Where did i say best? Greatest has many meanings. Most would agree it is the greatest by virtue of being the most recognisedand popular generation. These are facts
If these are facts where are your sources?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
??? Where did i say best? Greatest has many meanings. Most would agree it is the greatest by virtue of being the most recognisedand popular generation. These are facts
So yeah... Just checked the Oxford Dictionary

A synonym for "best", is "greatest"
great.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokémon Generation who I think has...
>The best story: Gen 5
>The best Postgame: Gen 2
>The best Legendary encounters: Gen 3
>The best Mystery Events: Gen 4
>The best Anime arc: Gen 6/Gen 7

Pakky

Smash Hero
that ****s blackface fam idk what to tell you

its likely that the dev team was unaware of the implications but its still blackface and thus racist, hence why they changed it

kinda like the mr sandman spirit fight

completely unintentional, but still racist
Now that **** is in poor taste, wtf Nintendo?

**** the :ultgnw: feather, that's harmless.

Using :ultdk: instead of ANYONE ELSE THAT'S VILLIAN THAT USES BOXING GLOVES :ultkrool::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:
Or Just Y'know Big :ultlittlemac:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can we just all agree that each generation has their highs and lows in designs?
>The best Champion: Gen 4

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
>The best soundtrack : Gen 6

I will not be proven otherwise

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; trolling
Lol WaxPython WaxPython s account info says he is a lawyer if he was you would think he would make better arguments lol

D

Deleted member

Using :ultdk: instead of ANYONE ELSE THAT'S VILLIAN THAT USES BOXING GLOVES :ultkrool::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:
I think the feather is also bad but they righted that wrong asap, the Mr. Sandman thing is just bad

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Using the big muscular character that punches a lot to represent a big muscular guy that punches a lot makes sense to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The other characters you listed all use mainly gadgets/weapons or are really tiny.

And it's not that Japan doesn't care about racism, it's that the whole African-American thing is not a big deal over there, so I doubt they give it as much thought as the people in the West, especially those that like to comb over every bit of media for implied insults. I mean, are people from America hyper-aware of stereotypes and biases from East Asia? What's a sensitive topic in one country isn't the same everywhere.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Triggered doesn't mean "made angry" but "Made alert". Learn English. Seeing your list was a sign to me that you were a genwunner so I called you out on it.
Then your way of stating things like they're facts triggered me in the memey sense of the word.

Also, you retreat back to insulting only Klefki and Garbodor while the list of bad gen1 designs mentioned has only increased in size.
Apparantly liking good designs makes people genwunners and a fan of generic designs.

People need to like crazy new designs now because anything that's not zany is boring or something.

I'll break down this fallacy by categorizing the readily criticized pokemon.

Based on animals type
Ok so most gen 1 pokemon are based on animals but some closely resemble them like Pidgey, Ratata, Seel, etc. It's like ok this is a problem for some reason. This doesn't make them bad designs they just happen to be based off real life animals. Would you say a bird is badly designed for looking like a bird?

Articial type
Here we get Grimer, Muk, Ditto and Polygon
Again all heavily criticized but what do you expect mutant sludge to look like? Like you can't expect this intricate sludge dragon for a pokemon that's meant to just be pollution, Ditto is a failed clone of mew so again pretty creative being able to transform into any pokemon, and Polygon is exactly what you'd expect a prototype pokemon to look like. These designs make sense if they wanted to be more creative they could but it would make no sense lore wise.

Object type
Finally we get the Magneton and Voltorb's of the group. Voltorb is cool because he's the inspiration for the pokeball and magneton is known for being used by humans to discover the workings of electricity. To us it's boring because we all know what a magnet and pokeball is but these pokemon existed before any of those were a thing so it makes no sense to say it looks like a pokeball when a pokeball is meant to resemble voltorb... again not bad designs just people having logic fallacies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Apparantly liking good designs makes people genwunners and a fan of generic designs.

People need to like crazy new designs now because anything that's not zany is boring or something.

Based on animals type
Ok so most gen 1 pokemon are based on animals but some closely resemble them like Pidgey, Ratata, Seel, etc. It's like ok this is a problem for some reason. This doesn't make them bad designs they just happen to be based off real life animals. Would you say a bird is badly designed for looking like a bird?

Articial type
Again all heavily criticized but what do you expect mutant sludge to look like? Like you can't expect this intricate sludge dragon for a pokemon that's meant to just be pollution, Ditto is a failed clone of mew so again pretty creative being able to transform into any pokemon, and Polygon is exactly what you'd expect a prototype pokemon to look like. These designs make sense if they wanted to be more creative they could but it would make no sense lore wise.

Object type
Finally we get the Magneton and Voltorb's of the group. Voltorb is cool because he's the inspiration for the pokeball and magneton is known for being used by humans to discover the workings of electricity. To us it's boring because we all know what a magnet and pokeball is but these pokemon existed before any of those were a thing so it makes no sense to say it looks like a pokeball when a pokeball is meant to resemble voltorb... again not bad designs just people having logic fallacies.
1. Porygon is not Polygon.
2. A pile of eggs is a pokemon in gen 1.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Based on animals type

Articial type

Object type
Ok, I said I was out of the discussion but I gotta ask about what you think about Foongus and Amoongus.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Based on animals type

Articial type

Object type
I understand that you're a lawyer, but you're not Phoenix Wright. You're Phoenix Wrong.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Using the big muscular character that punches a lot to represent a big muscular guy that punches a lot makes sense to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The other characters you listed all use mainly gadgets/weapons or are really tiny.

And it's not that Japan doesn't care about racism, it's that the whole African-American thing is not a big deal over there, so I doubt they give it as much thought as the people in the West, especially those that like to comb over every bit of media for implied insults. I mean, are people from America hyper-aware of stereotypes and biases from East Asia? What's a sensitive topic in one country isn't the same everywhere.
Yet they removed :ultgnw:'s feather

:ultkrool:Uses gadgets but WAS a boxer that was larger than his opponents and a self proclaimed champion.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Based on animals type

Articial type

Object type
You're just presenting your subjective opinions as facts. If you want to stop being a laughing stock, now's a good time.

D

Deleted member

Based on animals type

Articial type

Object type
I'm gonna be blunt you should probably stop your kinda making a fool of yourself tbh....

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, I need some help.
Google Chrome isn’t opening on my Laptop, and I need to make a video...anyone know what to do?

WaxPython

Smash Ace
1. Porygon is not Polygon.
2. A pile of eggs is a pokemon in gen 1.
1, mere semantics

2,official pokedex entry. Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

Ok so it's a Grass type and these just happen to be the seeds of an Exeggcute. They are used as prey for many pokemon. Do people expect everything in the pokemon world to look really out there and zany? The circle of life exists in pokemon too it just happens to make sense in kanto as we have a clear food chain and the pokedex is seperated demographically eg urban pokemon, and cave pokemon with clear evolutionary lines.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of Pokemon designs I always found this interesting: someone made a generic Pokemon for the first four generations based on their design cliches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom