• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>Squirtle is just a blue turtle.
>Dragonite is just a dragon.
>Moltres is just a burning bird.
>Krabby is just a krab.
>Ghastly is just a ball of gas.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The design is nowhere near as endearing as Muk....

Mutated Toxic waste makes sense as it could just be a ditto covered in radioactive pollution which made a new species due to their unstable genetic structure. I don't understand how a trash bag fits anywhere in pokemon or a set of keys...
Here’s the possible origins of Klefki taken from Bulbapedia

“Klefki is based on a keychain, and possibly also the pagan tradition of blaming fairies for the loss of small objects such as shoes and keys. It may also be based on the superstition of carrying an iron charm to ward off fae mischief.”

So take that as you will.

D

Deleted member

Here’s the possible origins of Klefki taken from Bulbapedia

“Klefki is based on a keychain, and possibly also the pagan tradition of blaming fairies for the loss of small objects such as shoes and keys. It may also be based on the superstition of carrying an iron charm to ward off fae mischief.”

So take that as you will.
Python ignored my post where I said the same thing, tbh.
It’s no use.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone else wondered why smashboards doesn't have smogon type tournaments now that people can play together without having to exchange friend codes and stuff

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ah yes, Exeggcute, a pile of eggs, from the original 151. Clearly an inspired design choice.
Again 151 poksmon and 90% are great. Other generations introduce far fewer with far less great designs. This isn't nostalgia talking as i have played and own every single pokemon game even the obscure ones like XD gale of darkness and pokemon channel which came with a jynx when used with the game boy advance scanner device which didn't work with my gameboy advance sp due to the link cable with the gamecube being obscured.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Again 151 poksmon and 90% are great. Other generations introduce far fewer with far less great designs. This isn't nostalgia talking as i have played and own every single pokemon game even the obscure ones like XD gale of darkness and pokemon channel which came with a jynx when used with the game boy advance scanner device which didn't work with my gameboy advance sp due to the link cable with the gamecube being obscured.
Not feeding the troll but just thinking back on it, holy **** Jynx's original design was racist as ****. So much so that a Jim Crow museum lists her original design as an example of racism in modern media. How did that ever get through

Pakky

Smash Hero
Fatfetch'd is terrible.

One thing gen 1 does well is giving you all the quadruped animals you could ever want.

I love the weird stuff in later gens, its more appealing to me.

D

Deleted member

this is beginning to sound like more and more like which smash game is the best lmao

WaxPython

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post; flaming
Not feeding the troll but just thinking back on it, holy **** Jynx's original design was racist as ****. So much so that a Jim Crow museum lists her original design as an example of racism in modern media. How did that ever get through
Lol trust gen 1 haters like yourself to claim everyone who disagrees is a troll.

And also apparently Jynx is racist now for some reason. Meant Jirachi anyway some Hoen wish granting legendary

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Farfetch'd was gonna have a Goosechase'd evolution or something in Gen 2 but it was scrapped.

darn it game freak.

I'm guessing it's the same reason Game & Watch's original Fire Attack look almost got through.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually like Farfetch'd and don't understand the gripe people have with it.
Mr. Mime and Jynx though? I get that.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
As usual people always bring up the one or two more generic gen 1 designs and use confirmation bias to support another generation having better pokemon designs by bringing up the only decent designs that generation has.

There's a good reason gen 1 has the most representation in all forms of media. And it is not merely nolstlagia as some suggest. Children love gen 1, children who have no nolstalgia for It.

This is because it is by far the most iconic and greateat generation. That doesn't mean i don't appreciate other generations just in mine and most others eyes it is over and above all other generations.
You have named exactly one Pokémon hou don't like from gen 6 and 1 from gen 5 while people have collectivly named about 20 bad designs from gen 1.

But what triggers me most about you is not the fact that your list had only gen1 Pokémon on it.
It's the fact that they were the generic as all **** Pokémon that every non-pokemon fan knows. Like, seriously, you can't expect me to assume you've EVER touched a Pokémon game when Pikachu, Eevee, Mewtwo, Charizard and Topgepi are so high in your regard.

Yet still you defend gen1 with such Passion.

So either:
A. You're a troll. Stop please, you're bringing back traumas of real Pokémon fans who've had to deal with people who grew up with fractured bits of the anime trashing on bewerking Gens whenever the topic Comes up.

B. You're just very shortsighted and hypocritical, in which case I would remind you that rule one of being part of a discussion is knowing even the slightest thing about what you're discussing

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Because Japan has a knack for not taking racism seriously. Not out of malice or apathy, mind you — Japan has very little ethnic diversity and has been isolationist until roughly 150 years ago, so they have very little experience with racism.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i'm rather partial to super melee brothers brawl ultimate for wii u and virtual boy
that one suuuucks there's no funky mode, and the community is toxic. it's not even a smash game based of my years of research

the meme will never die

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Every generation has great designs and forgettable ones. It's the nature of having so many Pokemon. I don't know why we have to argue about which generation has the best designs. There's too much variability, so this just going to be opinions clashing endlessly.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
What Is everyone's 5 favorite Pokemon mine are

1 Oshawott
2 Samurott
3 Leafeon
4 Dewott
5 Cacturne
1. Dragonite
2. Flygon
3. Kabutops
4. Banette
5. Slowking

Gen 3 has the best Pokemon designs overall and Shedinja is 100% the most interesting concept mon they've ever made

Pakky

Smash Hero
Bruh that's subjective.

:ultgreninja::ultincineroar:

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
But what triggers me most about you is not the fact that your list had only gen1 Pokémon on it.
It's the fact that they were the generic as all **** Pokémon that every non-pokemon fan knows. Like, seriously, you can't expect me to assume you've EVER touched a Pokémon game when Pikachu, Eevee, Mewtwo, Charizard and Topgepi are so high in your regard.
Excuse you. I know it's trendy to hate on what's popular atm but those pokemon are popular for a reason and that is because of great designs and representation.

Sorry i don't like a set of keys or a trashbag like you guys and would prefer a fire breathing dragon.

And seriously? Triggered over an opinion, you guys serious?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well Japanses blackface which has no malice but is still
It's really no excuse. It's still insensitive, there's no way that between the game's designers and their marketing team, they didn't notice that this Pokemon had a huge resemblance to a ignorant racist depiction of black people

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
if you ask me, all the "generic" designs like Exeggcute, Voltorb, Magnemite, Grimer, Litwick, etc. are cool/funny as well.

What Is everyone's 5 favorite Pokemon mine are

1 Oshawott
2 Samurott
3 Leafeon
4 Dewott
5 Cacturne
1. Pikachu
2. Gengar/Haunter/Gastly
3. Gardevoir
4. Celebi
5. Jigglypuff

I like a lot of Pokemon though so it's hard not having many "favorites" on an equal level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol trust gen 1 haters like yourself to claim everyone who disagrees is a troll.

And also apparently Jynx is racist now for some reason. Meant Jirachi anyway some Hoen wish granting legendary
that ****s blackface fam idk what to tell you

its likely that the dev team was unaware of the implications but its still blackface and thus racist, hence why they changed it

kinda like the mr sandman spirit fight

completely unintentional, but still racist

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Excuse you. I know it's trendy to hate on what's popular atm but those pokemon are popular for a reason and that is because of great designs and representation.

Sorry i don't like a set of keys or a trashbag like you guys and would prefer a fire breathing dragon.

And seriously? Triggered over an opinion, you guys serious?
You are pushing your opinion like it is a fact so please stop being difficult

D

Deleted member

Enough of Pokémon.

Let’s summon my pal Graizen to talk about Digimon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom