• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Best Pokemon designs of each gen
Gen 1: little mac with a deformed head
Gen 2: a blue gay crocodile
Gen 3: a black and white hyena that's a good doggo
Gen 4: ****ing... I unno
Gen 5: a three-headed hydra with no legs and head in the places of its arms and six broken limbs that somehow act as wings
Gen 6: A MOTHER****ING SWORD
Gen 7: a Pikachu rag on top of a demon hellspawn
Hahahahaahah the set of keys generation?
No, the one with the mother****ing sword

D

Deleted member

Gen 3 and Gen 7 represent.
I guess.

I don't actually care that much what pokemon you like better tbh.

Still, I liek my Mudkips.

D

Deleted member

If we talk about our favourite Digimon creatures, will we summon my pal Graizen?

WaxPython

Smash Ace
In designs, it goes, from overal best to worst:

So no, you're a ****ing genwunner
Lol gen 1 is most popular even with new gen children.

The designs were the high point of the series. Everyone remembers the original 151 because of their timeless design and they were based off real animals.

Who remembers garbador? A literal trashbag

D

Deleted member

The designs were the high point of the series. Everyone remembers the original 151 because of their timeless design and they were based off real animals.

I do.

And i liked a lot of the Gen 4 mons.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Meanwhile, favorite Pokemon they say? And why?

-Yanma
Yanma surprisingly is a cute bug, has a nice shiny, fairly nice stats for a "pre-evolved" Pokemon, which also has a cool evolution.

-Gardevoir
Don't get the full generic idea of Gardevoir in the head. It simply is cool and elegant. Back then, I'd actually name mine Palutena... back then that is. But even without that, just knowing that from the Pokedex entries that it'd greatly protect its trainer, even by putting its life on the line, and it's said to create a small black hole by doing that. The shiny is also great, and mega evo gives it more elegance.
Also magic bias.

-Gallade
So those pair of blades remind me of Pit quite a lot. Very graceful, especially in Mega evo.

-Braixen
I actually like the whole evolution line, but Braixen brings out the magic traits with that twig being a wand. For those who don't know, I tend to have a bias towards magic. Honorable mention to Delphox for that robe, which occasionally reminds me of the PSO FOmar look, kinda.

-Meowth
Team Rocket's Meowth back then spoiled me with his ability to talk and operate gadgets. I greatly favored him over Pika though he never got as much love as he deserved. Even if it wasn't Team Rocket's Meowth, regular Meowth is also cool with some moves it can learn (like Thunderbolt via TM), and then there's the money thing with Pay Day.

Other honorable mentions include Metagross, Blastoise, the Litten Line, the Shinx line, Scyther, the Ralts line, Ribombee, Solgaleo, the Litleo line, Larvesta Line, and something else I don't remember.

Sorry I'm late. Sometimes you take time when you put a lot of effort into certain answers.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think I finally nailed Brave’s identity.

It’s this guy:
AC939D50-02C8-4088-881A-5DEA5E5CBF2C.jpeg

Because it takes Bravery to say “TIME TO SPLIT!!”

We need more bald characters in Smash...

D

Deleted member

I could see some Xenoblade 2 icons getting in. The IP is fully owned by Nintendo, so there shouldn't be issues. Things like Octopath Traveler, Sonic, Bayonetta, Rabbids, etc. are more complicated. Square Enix and Sega can be very iffy about their properties, but I think out of the three, Ubisoft would be willing the most to lend their IP for icons given the collaborations they've done with Nintendo. As much as I'd like to see Bayonetta icons, I don't think they'll happen. Not until Bayonetta 3 finally comes out during the return of Christ. The Pokémon Company is also over-protective of the Pokémon IP, so it'd be a pain in the back to deal with them about it. You'd be better off with having icons from IP Nintendo completely owns themselves. Smash artwork icons would be a copyright drama fest and I don't think it'd be worth it.
Now see, I would almost see reason to that, but here a short list of some franchises that, say, the PlayStation 4 has avatar-wise.

• Street Fighter
  • Mega Man
  • Devil May Cry
  • God of War
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Disgaea
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • AeternoBlade
  • Uncharted
  • Resident Evil
  • Final Fantasy
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • The Witcher
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Warframe
  • Fat Princess
  • Yakuza

Now keep in mind, say for franchises like Final Fantasy, Mega Man and Street Fighter, they all have mass variations. From 8bit to regular, from Final Fantasy XIV to XV, Street Fighter 3rd Strike to V, etc. The thing is too, most of Sony's repertoire are all third-parties. So when you look at it that way, I don't think it'd be THAT hard, again, to get a literal JPEG. After all, Final Fantasy is coming to the Switch, Street Fighter and Mega Man are on there too, so there really isn't any "alien" feeling to have some icons from those franchises.

Hell, monetize it if you have to. I just don't get how alongside super obvious QOS things that the 3DS - a console that came out in 2011 - has, the Switch can't get in the JPEG department of all places. And remember, I'm coming from this with the mindset of this being a "7.0.0." update and us nearing the third year of the Switch. This second year should've been the year we've gotten major QOS updates. Not even any substantial icons of all things is pretty pathetic.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ah yes... purple sludges, tangled hair, and polygonal models are my favorite animals

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ah yes... purple sludge and polygonal model are my favorite animals
Muk is based on pollution and is nearly extinct anyway ....

"After recent environmental improvements, this Pokémon is now hardly seen at all. People speculate that it may go extinct at some point."

It is clearly an artificial pokemon much like Polygon is...

Doesn't make them bad designs just a realaitic depiction of what a mutated waste and a computerised pokemon would look like...

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Or it just happens to have by far the best pokemon designs...
I was gonnamake a sarcastic comment about this, but I honestly never understood this mindset. You can have this opinion obviously, but there are so many lazy decisions with this generation.
There are evolutions that either look pretty much identical to their former (Primeape, Muk, Dewgong) and the ones that are "now this but three times" (Dugtrio, Magneton, Dodrio)
Not to mention, some gen 1 Pokes are just kind of ugly. Magmar comes to mind, as does Venusaur. I just don't get the whole "generation one was the best" mindset

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"After recent environmental improvements, this Pokémon is now hardly seen at all. People speculate that it may go extinct at some point."

Doesn't make them bad designs just a realaitic depiction of what a mutated waste and a computerised pokemon would look like...
And Garbodor is based on the problem present in New York regarding garbage and pollution.

Basically: Muk’s concept but with a more creative look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

So wait... you trashed (heh, pun) Garbador for not being an animal,

Yet you're defending Muk because he's based on pollution, despite the fact that Garbador is also based on pollution?

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm back in 2010 arguing about "non-animal Pokemon designs" and "how Gen 1 is da best". I thought we purged all genwunners a hundred years ago

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Basically: Muk’s concept but with a more creative look
The design is nowhere near as endearing as Muk....

Mutated Toxic waste makes sense as it could just be a ditto covered in radioactive pollution which made a new species due to their unstable genetic structure. I don't understand how a trash bag fits anywhere in pokemon or a set of keys...

D

Deleted member

So wait... you trashed (heh, pun) Garbador for not being an animal,

Yet you're defending Muk because he's based on pollution, despite the fact that Garbador is also based on pollution?
I agree with your point...
But why my reply didn’t get support when I was saying the same, but before you did?

While I was writing this message, my post didn’t get any likes, but yours had 4.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't know, I've grown to really like trashy boi...
Mutated Toxic waste makes sense as it could just be a ditto covered in radioactive pollution which made a new species due to their unstable genetic structure. I don't understand how a trash bag fits anywhere in pokemon or a set of keys...
You mean like how Garbador could just be another Pokemon covered in trash, or how Klefkei could just be possesed by a ghost?
I agree with your point...
But why my reply didn’t get support when I was saying the same, but before you did?

While I was writing this message, my post didn’t get any likes, but yours had 4.
Here's a tip...
Post meme images with your arguments...
It makes them more appealing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If only Timesplitters 4 didn’t get cancelled, then people would probably be making a Sgt. Cortez support thread.
I'd be happy with a "Timesplitters actually new game" support thread tbh. Or an HD collection. Or something.

The fangame looks pretty rad at least.

D

Deleted member

The “set of keys” is actually based on folklore.

There are stories about fairies who stole keys through many methods, and Kefki is a tribute to those tales (being the reason behind the Pokémon being a Fairy type).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One's favorite Pokémon will almost always depend on what you grew up with, practically every Pokémon fan will have gotten into it during their childhood, very few do so later than that, and as always nostalgia is something that's impossible to argue against. You also get a certain attachment to your long-time favorites just because you'll naturally have had many more experiences with them, like it doesn't matter what designs they pump out these days, they can't really compete with Pokémon that I've used in games for almost 20 years, because they have to start from 0 while there are a ton of Pokémon which are at 100 for me.

It doesn't matter whether you grew up with Gen 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, I think it's one of those series where it's perfectly fine to let nostalgia influence you, take that away and it loses a ton of its appeal. I think the Pokémon community would be a lot better if it just accepted that, practically everyone is affected by it anyways, hence why the "best game in the series" opinion cycles ever so predictably through each generation one by one.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
As usual people always bring up the one or two more generic gen 1 designs and use confirmation bias to support another generation having better pokemon designs by bringing up the only decent designs that generation has.

There's a good reason gen 1 has the most representation in all forms of media. And it is not merely nolstlagia as some suggest. Children love gen 1, children who have no nolstalgia for It.

This is because it is by far the most iconic and greateat generation. That doesn't mean i don't appreciate other generations just in mine and most others eyes it is over and above all other generations.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Ah yes, Exeggcute, a pile of eggs, from the original 151. Clearly an inspired design choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom