• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
1, mere semantics

2,official pokedex entry. Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

Ok so it's a Grass type and these just happen to be the seeds of an Exeggcute. They are used as prey for many pokemon. Do people expect everything in the pokemon world to look really out there and zany? The circle of life exists in pokemon too it just happens to make sense in kanto as we have a clear food chain and the pokedex is seperated demographically eg urban pokemon, and cave pokemon with clear evolutionary lines.
So eggs are cool, but not trash or keys. Seeing a discrepancy here.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Apparantly liking good designs makes people genwunners and a fan of generic designs.

People need to like crazy new designs now because anything that's not zany is boring or something.

I'll break down this fallacy by categorizing the readily criticized pokemon.

Based on animals type
Ok so most gen 1 pokemon are based on animals but some closely resemble them like Pidgey, Ratata, Seel, etc. It's like ok this is a problem for some reason. This doesn't make them bad designs they just happen to be based off real life animals. Would you say a bird is badly designed for looking like a bird?

Articial type
Here we get Grimer, Muk, Ditto and Polygon
Again all heavily criticized but what do you expect mutant sludge to look like? Like you can't expect this intricate sludge dragon for a pokemon that's meant to just be pollution, Ditto is a failed clone of mew so again pretty creative being able to transform into any pokemon, and Polygon is exactly what you'd expect a prototype pokemon to look like. These designs make sense if they wanted to be more creative they could but it would make no sense lore wise.

Object type
Finally we get the Magneton and Voltorb's of the group. Voltorb is cool because he's the inspiration for the pokeball and magneton is known for being used by humans to discover the workings of electricity. To us it's boring because we all know what a magnet and pokeball is but these pokemon existed before any of those were a thing so it makes no sense to say it looks like a pokeball when a pokeball is meant to resemble voltorb... again not bad designs just people having logic fallacies.
Its also cool because its Pokémon's version of a mimic due to how pokeballs are chests in the games. Though fam you know Foongus is kinda the same thing done a little better though?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t like the X-Men so much because I prefer the Fantastic Four more.

Does that make me free to post hate towards them while passing it as a fact?
Hell no, because everyone is free to prefer one over the other and the other way around.

You are free to only like Gen 1, but don’t bash the other Gens while taking your point of view as the truth.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
You are free to only like Gen 1, but don’t bash the other Gens while taking your point of view as the truth.
I never said i only liked gen 1 lol. Y'all just putting words in my mouth just because i think it has the greatest designs. A sentiment shared by the majority of people outside this forum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never said i only liked gen 1 lol. Y'all just putting words in my mouth just because i think it has the greatest designs. A sentiment shared by the majority of people outside this forum.
Ok... so why are you trying to push it down our throats?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How about we let everyone be entitled to their opinion on the best Pokemon generation?
It's a pretty subjective topic, and if we keep arguing about it, it's gonna get nowhere.

Thanks

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
My guess is that he is in college and is working toward being a lawyer
Quick explanation here.

Unlike the USA which uses the J.D (Juris Doctor) system which requires undergrad study.

Europe and Commonwealth countries utilise the Bachelor of Laws or LLB degree structure which is an undergrad degree and is used for acceptance to be a lawyer.

True i am only a rookie at this stage but the USA requires much more study than other countries for law students at least.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just because you are insecure about your interests, doesn't mean you have to prove what you like is the best.

Relax. Take a deep breath. Accept people can like different things and you don't have to act like a jerk over it.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ok... so why are you trying to push it down our throats?
Because i gave my top 5 personal preference list and everyone wanted to call me out for it so i obviously defended my subjective opinion with subjective reasoning, because no one can objectively say that this gen has better designs than other gens etc. Of course it is opinion based

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Speaking from the competitive scene Gen 6 was the most balanced version of what Pokémon kinda should be.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
hey bois
we talkin about how gen I yugioh is the most boring season of beyblade?
Funny because yugioh is one of the few shows with people universally agreeing the original show is better than anyrhing that can after. Despite GX and 5ds being pretty good. Everything else tho is so ugh

Pakky

Smash Hero
Funny because yugioh is one of the few shows with people universally agreeing the original show is better than anyrhing that can after. Despite GX and 5ds being pretty good. Everything else tho is so ugh
YuGiOh girls are all stacked taller than college loan payments.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would anyone be interested helping me Train my Ness for Tournaments and Giving me feedback ?

Pakky

Smash Hero
As long as we don't talk about Smash. I don't want this thread to drop that low.
HEY EVERYONE THE GAME IS TWO MONTHS OLD LET'S MAKE A TEIR LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

HEY EVERYONE THE GAME IS TWO MONTHS OLD LET'S MAKE A TEIR LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SSSS+ :ultpeach::ultdaisy:

F- Everyone else

Kirby tier :ultkirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So we're arguing pokemon opinions and anime girls? Neat.

So nothing's different then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom