• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It’s pretty easy to figure out. I created a few myself, one of me and a few of my own characters:

I like it. I can see playing around with it sometime.
looks like there's different poses but the head always leans a bit to the right? Well no biggie, but it'd be cool to be able to totally move the model.

So, how many hours til the patch? 7?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Speaking from the competitive scene Gen 6 was the most balanced version of what Pokémon kinda should be.
I have to disagree, Megas weren't all that well balanced and some centralized the game around having teams to beat them like Mega Kangaskhan. Additionally, it also had the infamous CHALK from VGC 2014 where the exact same team setup in its Top 8 give or take one or two.

In general, I'd say Gen 4 had the best metagame since there were fewer centralizing threats even with examples like Garchomp.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Let's play a game.

2.0.0 is coming out tonight. With that it is very likely we'll get some balance changes.

You have two choices. You can buff 3 characters however you like, or nerf 5 characters however you like.

I choose to buff Little Mac so that haymaker is as good in the air as it is on the ground, same with his uppercut. Buff K. Rool to have his armor hitboxes enlarged vertically so they feel more reliable and consistent, as well as have his belly counter hitbox enlarged vertically to the same effect. Buff Kirby's air and ground speed.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Let's play a game.

2.0.0 is coming out Friday. With that it is very likely we'll get some balance changes.

You have two choices. You can buff 3 characters however you like, or nerf 5 characters however you like.

I choose to buff Little Mac so that haymaker is as good in the air as it is on the ground, same with his uppercut. Buff K. Rool to have his armor hitboxes enlarged vertically so they feel more reliable and consistent, as well as have his belly counter hitbox enlarged vertically to the same effect. Buff Kirby's air and ground speed.
Buff :ultbowserjr:. Reduce endlag, increase Up-B damage, Mechakoopa explodes on shield. Moves faster.
Buff :ultkirby:. More range for Side B, a throw combo, and down-B does more damage
Buff:ultrobin:. Start with the good sword. Elwind and Nosferatu can be used more. Moves a bit faster.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let's play a game.

2.0.0 is coming out Friday. With that it is very likely we'll get some balance changes.

Buff :ultcorrinf:'s pin, so it's good, again
Buff :ultsonic: by replacing "Sonic Speed" with "You're too slow", once again
Buff :ultgreninja: in any way, so the stupid meme could die

Pakky

Smash Hero
I have to disagree, Megas weren't all that well balanced and some centralized the game around having teams to beat them like Mega Kangaskhan. Additionally, it also had the infamous CHALK from VGC 2014 where the exact same team setup in its Top 8 give or take one or two.

In general, I'd say Gen 4 had the best metagame since there were fewer centralizing threats even with examples like Garchomp.
Okay I have to agree.

Though I do think Garchomp's reception was a little over blown back then.

Slowbro has always been here. :080:

Let's play a game.

2.0.0 is coming out tonight. With that it is very likely we'll get some balance changes.

:ultkrool:Yes.

:ultincineroar: Can I not fall during Revenge? Thank you.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sees the thread talking about politics: Y'know, this ain't so bad.

Sees the thread completely empty: Some peace and quiet is always nice.

Sees the thread locked: It's always nice to take a break once in a while!

Sees the thread discussing their favorite music: Man, these songs are nice.

Sees the thread talking about Smash: Wait, we do that here?

Sees the thread flooded with spambots: Eh, they'll be gone soon.

Sees the thread talking about R34: Hm, Well I suppose it could be worse.

Sees the thread debating the best Pokemon generation:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So after that whole Pokémon discussion I went soulsearching, which in my case means doing useless calculations.

I gave every generation of Pokémon a score based on designs.

I gave every single evolution line a score between 1(really bad) and 5 (really good) and added Them together per generation. I counter megas, alolan forms, seperately introduced evolutions/prevolutions and alternate forms that really differ from the original as their own entity.
I then devided the added scores per generation by the total amount of entries to get the average score per generation.
This means 3,00 is completely average and scores nearing 4 are "good" and nearing 2 are "bad".

Gen1: 3,37
Gen2: 3,24
Gen3: 3,56
Gen4: 3,49
Gen5: 3,32
Gen6 with megas: 2,82
Gen6 without megas: 3,45
Gen7 with alolan forms: 3,51
Gen7 without alolan forms: 3,56

The main three conclusions here are:
1. Gens 3 and 7 are the most Consistantly well designed Gens.
2. I like gen7 WAY more than I thought
3. Megas Suck

This is all my opinion, but I tried to keep bias aside as much as I could and focus on the actual designs. My main point here is that every generation is about average if you see how good or bad the designs are and every generation actually leans more towards the positive than the negative, without any exceptionally good ones compared to the rest. Any major difference from here on out is 100% opinion.

R O F L

Smash Ace
After hearing that update 2.0.0 is apparently coming out tonight, I feel like it's just going to be one big balance update, which I don't even want.

We know for sure we aren't getting the Plant, and I doubt anything big will come from it considering we know nothing about the update besides that it exists.

Definitely woke up to some disappointing news.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
After hearing that update 2.0.0 is apparently coming out tonight, I feel like it's just going to be one big balance update, which I don't even want.

We know for sure we aren't getting the Plant, and I doubt anything big will come from it considering we know nothing about the update besides that it exists.

take heart - they were almost certainly dumb enough to package brave's model with it

I propose a post-off. Whoever replies first wins.
fastest post in the west

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Lotta topics being discussed here...

Why don’t we discuss what laws of physics are broken in this clip!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Just because it possibly wont have pplant doesn't mean it's just a balance patch.
Just gotta see what it's all about, and that wont take long since it's today :)

D

Deleted member

I hope that the Fantastic Four use either their new comic costumes or at least the one that the Bombastic Bagman suit has in Spidey PS4.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Let's play a game.

:ultzelda: - Make her D-tilt like it was before. As in, useful.
:ultrobinf: - Make arcthunder stun longer for possible followups again. At the moment there's no reason to launch that instead of waiting for thoron.
:ultken: - Not a buff, but. Could we please allow for movement to be controlled by the D-pad on pro controllers? I hate trying to do inputs on the control stick, so I don't really play him.

Nerfs, eh, I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom