• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That’s actually not what I mean. DC has said for years that any crossover they do is set in an AU. It’s not that they were retconned away. It’s that they never were canon to begin with.
As onereasonanddone pointed out, the Krona egg in Trinity says otherwise. Please show where they said any and all crossovers are non-canon, because otherwise the creation of the character Access was pointless.

D

Deleted member

He is because he's gay for Kenzaki
giphy (15).gif

That is a pretty decent fight scene I will give you that but if that's all we need to call a Movie Good then the bar would be set very low for what's considered a "Good" Movie, Even then there are some fight scenes that are better than this like most of the fights in Winter Soldier and a good chunk of the fights in Infinity War.

The latter half of my comment is just my opinion though since which Fight Scenes are better is subjective.
the elevator fight scene in tws is so ****ing tight, man

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
That is a pretty decent fight scene I will give you that but if that's all we need to call a Movie Good then the bar would be set very low for what's considered a "Good" Movie, Even then there are some fight scenes that are better than this like most of the fights in Winter Soldier and a good chunk of the fights in Infinity War.

The latter half of my comment is just my opinion though since which Fight Scenes are better is subjective.
Yeah, Im the type of Guy who'll dive deep into subjective stuff.

What I want to say is that the movie, while not that good, is really fun and in the end that's what you look for in a Superhero movie (Lets be honest, the better mcu Movies are no cinematic masterpieces)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
As onereasonanddone pointed out, the Krona egg in Trinity says otherwise. Please show where they said any and all crossovers are non-canon, because otherwise the creation of the character Access was pointless.
Honestly my only source is a friend of mine who I trust to inform me about obscure details from the comics. I’ll ask him where he heard that and get back to you.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The site was down the last time I saw it, so I apologize if I'm late. But...

I kinda want to see y'all's thoughts on if maybe good ol' Andre GameXplain knows something... :thonk:

I doubt it, April Fools is a Monday and Nintendo doesn't usually announce their Nintendo Directs on weekends. It could be this week admittedly, but I'd be surprised if they talked about Joker considering the rumors around "Jane" and we haven't seen the character proper from Atlus yet.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also did we mention this

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/b7dhwc
i don't think it means anything, especially since a surprise release doesn't work out with the jane datamine, but it's interesting nevertheless

my only thought is that if Sega FES releases a persona teaser today (assuming there are announcements beyond day 1), they might show off jane's thief costume and suddenly make it fair game for sakurai

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Im the type of Guy who'll dive deep into subjective stuff.

What I want to say is that the movie, while not that good, is really fun and in the end that's what you look for in a Superhero movie (Lets be honest, the better mcu Movies are no cinematic masterpieces)
You're right none of the MCU movies are really cinematic masterpieces all of the movies have flaws but we enjoy them non the less cause they're all great movies!

You have your opinion on the movie and I have mine so I respect your opinion. I'm glad that you find the movie enjoyable it's just that personally I kinda don't.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I doubt it, April Fools is a Monday and Nintendo doesn't usually announce their Nintendo Directs on weekends. It could be this week admittedly, but I'd be surprised if they talked about Joker considering the rumors around "Jane" and we haven't seen the character proper from Atlus yet.
Despite how it's literally because it's April in 4 hours or so for Japan, they DID announce a Smash direct at EVO

D

Deleted member

him: i bet he's thinking about other guys
me: what if thanos uses the reality stone to shrink and go up ant-man's ass before it can happen to him

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Ranking Marvel movies becuase that’s always fun

(If Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse counts than it’s #1, no contest)

1.) Guardians of the Galaxy
2.) Cap 2 Winter Soldier
3.) Infinity War / Thor Ragnorok (it’s a tie)
4.) Spider-Man Homecoming
5.) Ant-Man
6.) Captain Marvel (this movie is hella good I don’t get the hate at all)
7.) Civil War
8.) Iron Man
9.) Avengers
10.) Black Panther
11.) Ant-Man + Wasp
12.) Doctor Strange
13.) Captain America TFA
14.) Avengers Age of Ultorn
15.) Guardians of the Galaxy 2
16.) Iron Man 2
17.) Hulk, the Incredible
18.) Iron Man 3
19.) Thor

I’ve got some weird opinions but I stand by ‘em.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the welcome. Truth be told, I've actually been judging observing this thread for a bit by now. Even as back as the old Ultimate thread. It wasn't until now that I finally decided to stop being lazy and post something. And of course, my first post had to be a ****post. Bless the internet for giving us memes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Thanks for the welcome. Truth be told, I've actually been judging observing this thread for a bit by now. Even as back as the old Ultimate thread. It wasn't until now that I finally decided to stop being lazy and post something. And of course, my first post had to be a ****post. Bless the internet for giving us memes.
ah, you're one of those 'guest' people we've heard so much about

welcome

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Well we're glad to have you here!
Now since everyone is doing their welcoming ritual:
What is your favorite song? (Your Life may depend on it)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now that you’ve posted, you’ve become my child
I don’t make the rules
You think it’s easy having all these damn kids?

D

Deleted member

It's better than the Grey Special.

"Hello Stranger."
inferior to the faygoshill special

h-hewwo? *nyotices usew* owo? fowks caww me faygoshiww..... w-wewcome to the boawds... nya

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

also did we mention this

i don't think it means anything, especially since a surprise release doesn't work out with the jane datamine, but it's interesting nevertheless

my only thought is that if Sega FES releases a persona teaser today (assuming there are announcements beyond day 1), they might show off jane's thief costume and suddenly make it fair game for sakurai
What this clearly means is that Joker is delayed until E3.

See y'all till then, gamers!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Despite how it's literally because it's April in 4 hours or so for Japan, they DID announce a Smash direct at EVO
They still have a day actually, it's 4:00 AM there.

Regardless, that's why I said 'usually'. It does happen and I'm not saying it's impossible, but the cases it does happen are very rare. Additionally, there's no big event like EVO this weekend for Nintendo to do an announcement like that, so it'd have to be through Nintendo's usual channels.

Edit: And of course I say that before the tweet about Pax East.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well we're glad to have you here! I hope you enjoy your stay.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
also did we mention this

That’s... really interesting actually. If it said something like “Coming soon” I’d probably write it off, but that ellipsis they threw in is incredibly suspicious. It implies they’re holding onto something...

Edit: my tablet is running super slow so I’m reacting to things after they’ve already become irrelevant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom