• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Dammit, I can't be done yet. I just realized I have two other games that I couldn't get into my Top 10, but are absolutely on par or easily in my top 15.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

Basically, if you haven't played any of the games I listed, please be sure to do so. they're amazing...and mostly Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Anyways if we're ranking Marvel movies:
1. Civil War
2. Infinity War
3. Homecoming
4. Winter Soldier + Avengers 1 (can't choose between them)
5.GotG + GotG Vol. 2 (can't choose between them)
6. Ragnarok
7. Black Panther
8. Age of Ultron
9. Iron Man 1
10. Captain Marvel
11. TFA
12. Doctor Strange
13. Ant-Man
14. Ant-Man + Wasp
15. Iron Man 3
16. Iron Man 2
17. Thor
18. The Dark World
19. The Incredible Hulk

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well he could, but then it wouldn't actually be "Joker (DC)," but "How Joker perceives himself (DC)".
No, I mean real-life-Joker(DC) could enter the metaverse from the real world.

I'm not talking about cognitive Joker(DC).

Then you'd have Joker(DC) vs Joker(P5).

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Here's my rankings for Marvel Movies:

1) Winter Soldier
2) Civil War
3) Infinity War
4) Doctor Strange
5) Ragnarok
6) Guardians of the Galaxy
7) Black Panther
8) Spider Man
9) Avengers
10) Ant-Man
11) Guardians of the Galaxy 2
12) Iron Man
13) Ant-Man and the Wasp
14) Captain America
15) Iron Man 3
16) Age of Ultron
17) Thor
18) Captain Marvel
19) Iron Man 2
20) Thor 2
21) Incredible Hulk

All of them are at the very least good except for Thor 2 and Incredible Hulk
Incredible Hulk was a bad movie but I ranked it high because it easily had the best Fight-Choreography of any MCU movie

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Joker is literally the only one though. Those Marvel crossovers are also non-cannon. If this stuff can take out ****ing Superman, it will affect the Phantom Theif.
Maybe on the DC side due to reboots, but there's nothing officially saying the Marvel/DC crossovers are non-canon on the Marvel side. If anything, there's more proof saying it's canon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What even counts as canon for western superhero comics when there’s 3 million different versions of the same characters that are officially and widely accepted and the multiverse is just an accepted concept

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of the MCU, never forget how Bruce Banner and Rhodey were played by completely different actors in their first movies, only to be replaced in their very next appearance with no fanfare.

D

Deleted member

The Joker is literally the only one though. Those Marvel crossovers are also non-cannon. If this stuff can take out ****ing Superman, it will affect the Phantom Theif.
Actually, JLA/Avengers is canon at the least.
Here’s it being referenced in 616 by Marvel
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/3099398-photonhandbook3.jpg
1D0B1DA4-89DF-4888-B465-C0F91649A38D.jpeg

E715412B-8C32-46CC-9AEB-E14D108B0C6C.jpeg

8F8FAD99-03FD-4923-B04B-56054270FE01.jpeg

And here’s it being referenced by DC
F473A4C3-3F2F-4F37-968C-050262AAAE17.jpeg

CFD3F3CC-C417-4B33-A095-D96C919706CF.jpeg

Granted, it’s comics so they’re are probably some AU shenanigans but at the very least it’s canon to the main Marvel univers and canon to the DC multiverse.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

Basically, if you haven't played any of the games I listed, please be sure to do so. they're amazing...and mostly Nintendo.
Good interests. Both of these are sleeper hits that had difficulty breaking through general marketing. Well, Xenoblade got a Cinderella's Story ending with the New 3DS remake, but FE Tellius duology? Good luck playing those legally.

D

Deleted member

Incredible Hulk was a bad movie but I ranked it high because it easily had the best Fight-Choreography of any MCU movie
If I'm honest I didn't enjoy it very much the CGI was choppy in places and the Story was pretty boring. Nothing really stood out whereas every Marvel Movie afterwards has something Unique about it that other movies don't have be it a huge battle with Infinity War or the introduction of the mystical and magic side of Marvel with Doctor Strange, The Incredible hulk didn't have anything very stand out about it.

That and it being a rather mediocre movie is why it's my least favorite Marvel Movie.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Winter Soldier
4. Civil War
5. Infinity War
6. Iron Man
7. Avengers
8. Spider-Man Homecoming
9. Doctor Strange
10. Black Panther
The rest

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly forgot about The Incredible Hulk, I wonder what that says if I have an easier time remembering Dark World and the Iron Man sequels over it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
KR-Chalice_Joker.png

This guy walks in and slaps your ass wyd
Speaking of the MCU, never forget how Bruce Banner and Rhodey were played by completely different actors in their first movies, only to be replaced in their very next appearance with no fanfare.
Banner's actor was changed due to it apparantly being hard to get the old one back but Rhodey is because Perlmutter felt that audiences wouldn't notice because they're both black

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Banner was replaced because the actor was a **** though

D

Deleted member

Welp, now that I'm the resident FNAF fan, here's a meme.
1553970726995.png

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
If I'm honest I didn't enjoy it very much the CGI was choppy in places and the Story was pretty boring. Nothing really stood out whereas every Marvel Movie afterwards has something Unique about it that other movies don't have be it a huge battle with Infinity War or the introduction of the mystical and magic side of Marvel with Doctor Strange, The Incredible hulk didn't have anything very stand out about it.

That and it being a rather mediocre movie is why it's my least favorite Marvel Movie.
So you'd say this isn't the tightest ****?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Maybe on the DC side due to reboots, but there's nothing officially saying the Marvel/DC crossovers are non-canon on the Marvel side. If anything, there's more proof saying it's canon.
That’s actually not what I mean. DC has said for years that any crossover they do is set in an AU. It’s not that they were retconned away. It’s that they never were canon to begin with.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What even counts as canon for western superhero comics when there’s 3 million different versions of the same characters that are officially and widely accepted and the multiverse is just an accepted concept
Everything is canon.

Though the most important canon is which ever one is in the Earth 1/Prime Earth spot at the current point in time.
What's The Force Awakens doing in this li- oh wait.

D

Deleted member

Actually, JLA/Avengers is canon at the least.
Here’s it being referenced in 616 by Marvel
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49974/3099398-photonhandbook3.jpg
View attachment 202695
View attachment 202696
View attachment 202697
And here’s it being referenced by DC
View attachment 202699
View attachment 202700
Granted, it’s comics so they’re are probably some AU shenanigans but at the very least it’s canon to the main Marvel univers and canon to the DC multiverse.
Oh and if you want a modern source, this is from the DC Trinity event from 2009. You can see the Cosmic Egg Krona becomes here.
https://m.imgur.com/a/s8OXy

This isn’t actually relevant because I’m pretty sure those Joker/Red Skull panels don’t come from JLA/Avengesr so they’re still up for debate. I am solely doing this to flex.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
View attachment 202701
This guy walks in and slaps your *** wyd

Banner's actor was changed due to it apparantly being hard to get the old one back but Rhodey is because Perlmutter felt that audiences wouldn't notice because they're both black
The actor wasn't "hard to get back" necessarilly, het Just demanded An insane amount of money and perks and after het rewrote aledgedly 70% of the Hulk's script to his liking, Noone really wanted him back either

D

Deleted member

So you'd say this isn't the tightest ****?
That is a pretty decent fight scene I will give you that but if that's all we need to call a Movie Good then the bar would be set very low for what's considered a "Good" Movie, Even then there are some fight scenes that are better than this like most of the fights in Winter Soldier and a good chunk of the fights in Infinity War.

The latter half of my comment is just my opinion though since which Fight Scenes are better is subjective.

D

Deleted member

The site was down the last time I saw it, so I apologize if I'm late. But...

I kinda want to see y'all's thoughts on if maybe good ol' Andre GameXplain knows something... :thonk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom