• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Considering the normal Smash roster, it’s much easier for imagine more bipedal characters working with Smash movesets,

I talked with Zinith yesterday about Seviper but same thing applies with Serperior because of their body types, I’m struggling to find basic moves for Milotic on my Cynthia ideas as it is. I could put in Oshawott/Dewott though.

I like the novelty of Granbull being a masculine fairy type, heard it’s more useful because of that. Also still I’ve heard about how useful Scrafty and Mienshao are in the games plus the fighting typing also helped me pick them.

But yeah not everything is permanent and I’ll workshop this idea with you more if you want.
I'd love to brainstorm about it, yeah!
Making Movesets is something I really enjoy doing (even if I'm not that good at it)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shishoe... I gotta disagree w/ you there.

I'll admit the 1st Captain America wasn't the best, but Civil War was still great. Not as good as Winter Solider imo, but still good even by current Marvel standards
1st Avenger is actually among my favourite Marvel movies, and nothing anyone can say will change my mind on that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I would prefer a Rare Replay port with maybe the OG DKC + DK64 games thrown in there and an actual Banjo-Threeie.

An HD remake would be cool but we already have the Remakes for the Xbox so we really don't need another one so I would prefer to put that time into making an actual Banjo-Threeie.
Okay, but to play Devil's Advocate, the remake of Banjo Kazooie for Xbox 360 came out 11 years ago.

In today's culture where HD ports and remakes are being released left and right, it's somewhat strange that Banjo & Kazooie haven't gotten in on this, especially when similar characters (Crash, Spyro, etc.) have.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'd love to brainstorm about it, yeah!
Making Movesets is something I really enjoy doing (even if I'm not that good at it)
I didn’t get a response to this but do you know what I should do with either option?
Is there a thread taking about ideas for a Pokémon Smash Bros. and if not should I start one with my ideas?

D

Deleted member

Okay, but to play Devil's Advocate, the remake of Banjo Kazooie for Xbox 360 came out 11 years ago.

In today's culture where HD ports and remakes are being released left and right, it's somewhat strange that Banjo & Kazooie haven't gotten in on this, especially when similar characters (Crash, Spyro, etc.) have.
From a business standpoint, Microsoft just cashes in on the nostalgia of Banjo-Kazooie instead of actually doing anything with the series. I expect HD remakes instead of a sequel, if we get Banjo content period.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Do we really need 5 remixes of the ground theme each for the first 3 titles though?
Look, Nintendo and Microsoft are surely on great terms.

But I don't believe they're there yet.

Why don't we see how well a Rare Replay for Switch does first, yeah?
I’m dreaming here!
Man I would love a remake of DK 64 that ironed out so much trash from that game. For example:

• Give me a talon trot because these characters are slow compared to the massive worlds they're in
  • Let me switch Kongs on the fly.
Those are the two general issues with the game that build up a lot of flak as you keep going.

As for Banjo-Kazooie? Man I just want an actual Banjo-Threeie. Technically Yooka-Laylee is exactly that, albeit, a couple years late, but I'm talking about a full on Mario Odyssey quality sequel to Tooie. If we're getting Rare Replay, I don't need a remake.
I would prefer a Rare Replay port with maybe the OG DKC + DK64 games thrown in there and an actual Banjo-Threeie.

An HD remake would be cool but we already have the Remakes for the Xbox so we really don't need another one so I would prefer to put that time into making an actual Banjo-Threeie.
The Xbox ports aren’t exactly remakes. They’re more remasters. I’m talking full N-Sane Trilogy style. Plus proper stop n swap connectivity with DK64 like they always wanted to do.

I can’t help but be a graphics ***** when it comes to the early polygon era. I mean, I LOVE games like MGS and Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot, but I like them despite their graphics. Early polygon graphics just look ugly to me. It’s one of the many reasons I vastly prefer the N. Sane Trilogy. I want to enjoy the gameplay AND the graphics. Not just one.

But I surly can’t stop you guys from preferring ports that keep the original graphic style in tact. I just won’t be there with you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, we're making a Pokemon Smash roster? Alright:

Gen 1: Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, Meowth, Mewtwo, Puff, Machamp, Gengar, Eevee, Arcanine

Gen 2: Pichu, Scizor, Togepi, Feraligater, Typloshion, Tyranitar, Suicune, Dunsparce, Ampharous, Heracross

Gen 3: Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile, Gardevior, Deoxys, Plusle and Minun, Flygon, Breloom, Medicham, Aggron,

Gen 4: Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Porygon Z, Gallade, Rotom, Croagunk, Dusknoir, Magnezone, Bidoof

Gen 5: Chandelure, Bisharp, Hydregion, Golurk, Keldeo, Victini, Axew, Genesect, Zoroark, Excadrill

Gen 6: Braxien, Greninja, Chesnaught, Hawlucha, Meowstic, Aegishash, Talonflame, Hoopa, Zygarde, Pangoro

Gen 7: Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Golisopod, Lycanroc, Bewear, Tsareena, Tapu Koko, Nihelgo, Silvally

Edit: removed Kriketune to keep the average for each gen at 10.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What I expect to happen if Microsoft still gave 2 ****s about Banjo would be an XBO exclusive Banjo Threeie or reboot or HD Remake or whatever, with Microsoft heads then saying "oh, would you like it on other platforms like the swiiiiiiiiitch? nudge nudge wink wink" to gauge public reception and then at some point in the future a port is announced along with Banjo in Smash.

But that's a very large if.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1st Avenger is actually among my favourite Marvel movies, and nothing anyone can say will change my mind on that.
I'll go even further. Not only is Captain America: The First Avenger one of my favorites in the MCU, but it's also, IMO, the best superhero origin story film.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Eh, the writing wasn't perfect but I feel as if the themes, setting, characters, and conflict themselves fit well together to create a cohesive, engaging experience.

In terms of the character growth, considering the game is also based on how you spend your limited time (I maxed out my social stats and confidant with Ann, Ryuji, Makoto and Yusuke) it makes sense that that's how the characters bonds grow. It was a bit unrealistic to me that the only way those bonds grew was through 1 on 1 hanging out, and that a group hang out didn't do the same, but based on game balance I knew why that wasn't a thing.

I don't know that certain characters became useless after awhile, but they each had their role to play. Throughout the story, while Makoto kinda seems like a "2nd in command", Ann still brings passion and a keen eye (she figures out certain things that the others don't), and Ryuji remains a hotheaded, but extremely well-meaning attitude.

I think part of the reason the stories of the individual characters isn't necessarily seen through main story events is because you're meant to do the confidant activities and build your relationships. At least, that's what Igor tells you at the beginning
The thing about this is that what Kamoshida did was active sexual assault, forcing himself on the girls while they had no intention of engaging. The adult women you can date, while they are certainly in positions of power over Joker (especially Kawakami), are engaging in an actual relationship that both want to be a part of.

There's a big difference between these two things.

Regarding the "two teens dating" thing, I'm guessing it's pretty hard for an American player to get over the mental hurdle that the Age of Consent in Japan is lower than the (perceived) AOC of America (the AOC in America varies from State-to-State, but it's 18 in California, where all the media is made, so that influences how people think).

Of course, even in countries with a lower AOC than America, any adult dating a student would be more than a little eyebrow raising (and it's kind of worrying that so much Japanese media nowadays has "hot-for-teacher" stuff in it).

Also, I finished a picture of Ann yesterday, which you can find here.
Certainly, the relationship that Kamoshida had at the beginning is far different, but it's still that "teacher to student" relationship. As a teacher myself it's...quite awkward.

However, I do find that the context of the story not taking place in America is crucial to a westerners criticism. The way society views things is different, just like as you said with the age of consent.

Plus I mean...it's not like teens don't do it in America at that age. They shouldn't necessarily, but you'd be lying to yourself if you thought kids didn't do it.

When it comes to Joker, there's also that fact that when breaking the 4th wall, the player (as it's M rated, typically someone who can make adult decisions...I hope) is making a conscious decision to engage in the relationship. There's a ton of different contexts involved, but that's part of what makes the game so engaging, imo.

Oh, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't pick the "I'm a dad" option when you get to the maid scene. Hilarious.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I didn’t get a response to this but do you know what I should do with either option?
I don't think there is a thread like that yet.
If you do make one I'd advice to ask people to post Moveset ideas, rather than saying "but this Pokémon should be in!" So the discussion remains constructive.

Maybe set some clear groundrules in the op about what kind of roster you're making

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
How dare you Captain America is an amazing one

I hated DK64 to the point I went "**** this" but that gamee can be 50 times better if you didn't have to switch characters out just to get the colour coded items. **** you Rare what do you mean I can't grab a yellow banana, blue coin and red blueprint?
I agree they should've made at least the coins and regular bananas universal between the characters. If you have to make everyone buy all of their upgrades and access to the boss, then you shouldn't make it so you have to do five times the work to get all of that as it just makes the process more tedious.
I'd like a thorough remake of DK64.

Mostly because I want to see what this monster would look like in HD.

Donald Duck's psycho toy was one of my favorite bosses in the game, I really like its design.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Time for Hot Takes with Ult.

Marvel Movies in order
1. Ragnarok
2. Infinity War
3. Age of Ultron
4. Guardians 2
5. Black Panther
6. Guardians of the galaxy
7. Civil War
8. Dr. Strange
9. Avengers
10. Spider man
11. Winter Soldier
12. Ant man
13. Ant man and the Wasp
14. Iron man
15. Incredible Hulk
16. Captain Marvel
17. Captain America
18. Thor Dark World
19. Thor
20. Iron man 3
21. Iron man 2

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think we can also all agree that remakes of the Sonic Adventure games would be nice. Especially if they fixed all of the jank those games are infamous for.
Yeah the HD versions are ****ing garbage so that doesn't help either, sound mixing doesn't ****ing exist and for some ****ing reason, whenever anyone I know plays it on Steam, City Escape glitches to have a ****ing tram stuck to your camera at all times

D

Deleted member

I’m dreaming here!

The Xbox ports aren’t exactly remakes. They’re more remasters. I’m talking full N-Sane Trilogy style. Plus proper stop n swap connectivity with DK64 like they always wanted to do.

I can’t help but be a graphics ***** when it comes to the early polygon era. I mean, I LOVE games like MGS and Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot, but I like them despite their graphics. Early polygon graphics just look ugly to me. It’s one of the many reasons I vastly prefer the N. Sane Trilogy. I want to enjoy the gameplay AND the graphics. Not just one.
If we could upgrade every old game to have a Crash styled remake, I'd love that to Hell and back. However, I think Banjo would do best if he stopped relying on his past and just got a new game. It's my biggest issue with the series as a fan. We haven't gotten something new because Banjo is just an icon for nostalgia instead of a relevant mascot anymore.

D

Deleted member

I'm not saying it can't happen nor that I don't want it to happen but I feel as if it's not 100% necessary I would like it to happen but it's not an absolute must with Rare Replay being a thing.

Rare Replay is already reselling the games so it might detract from the sales of the game if they were to make an HD remaster then the people who would've bought Rare Replay for the two Banjo games (Myself and a lot of other people I assume) would likely go for the Remasters detracting from the game's sales.

I would like it to happen but again it's not 100% necessary, I feel like a Banjo-Threeie would be a better use of their development time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

man choosing my favorite marvel movie is like choosing my favorite child

it's civil war

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh we're doing MCU rankings?

1. Ragnarok
2. Black Panther
3. Infinity War
4. Winter Soldier
5. Civil War
6. Guardians 2
7. Guardians
8. Avengers
9. Spider-Man
10. Iron Man
11. Captain America
12. Captain Marvel
13. Dr Strange
14. Age of Ultron
15. Ant-Man
16. Iron Man 3
17. Ant-Man and Wasp
18. Thor
19. Iron Man 2
20. Incredible Hulk
21. Dark World

Dark World is incidentally the only one that I'd say is mediocre at best. All the others are perfectly fine and watchable.

brb calling the FBI

Also just put the Master Chief Collection on Switch
Better bundle in a 128gb Micro SD because that **** is massive

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't think there is a thread like that yet.
If you do make one I'd advice to ask people to post Moveset ideas, rather than saying "but this Pokémon should be in!" So the discussion remains constructive.

Maybe set some clear groundrules in the op about what kind of roster you're making
Right, we could also do some discussion on stages, assist Pokémon and anything else that could be in a game like this.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I was thinking about something I brought up the other day. A fight between Joker (Persona 5) and The Joker (DC Comics). I think I have the lynchpin that proves DC’s Joker takes it. His trademark Joker venom. If you follow Batman you know it’s a poison he carries that makes you laugh uncontrollably until you suffocate and die. It’s actually a concentration of the chemicals that changed him in the first place.

First off it’s impossible to be immune to this stuff. Case in point
81AB70DC-0725-4256-B799-C2E390DEE21D.jpeg

But the thing that really counts is the fact that it destabilizes the victims mind before they die. So P5 Joker would theoretically loose control of his Persona as his mind crumbles.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking about something I brought up the other day. A fight between Joker (Persona 5) and The Joker (DC Comics). I think I have the lynchpin that proves DC’s Joker takes it. His trademark Joker venom. If you follow Batman you know it’s a poison he carries that makes you laugh uncontrollably until you suffocate and die. It’s actually a concentration of the chemicals that changed him in the first place.

First off it’s impossible to be immune to this stuff. Case in point
But the thing that really counts is the fact that it destabilizes the victims mind before they die. So P5 Joker would theoretically loose control of his Persona as his mind crumbles.
doesn't joker kill god at some point

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, my biggest and main gripe with P5 are its antagonistic forces plummet in quality after Kamoshida.

Kamoshida was the perfect villain for the really specific angle of "invincible people abusing their power" He was as mundane as they come, but the fact that he held so much power over over everyone within the school system and abused it without any possible way of getting caught really did make it seem like vigilante justice was the only solution. His previous accolades within the Olympics made him make sense within the context of him being reduced to a school coach with a power trip.

And then after that, you devolve into Saturday Night cartoon villains who seem like their sole purpose of their existence is to be as cartoonishly and ridiculously evil as possible.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also I just remembered Notorious BIG debuted yesterday so AHHHHH MY GIRL TRISH IS GETTING HER ****ING STAND NEXT WEEK AAAAAAAA
Oh boy, I'm ready for Spicy Lady.

real talk i'm disappointed spice girl didn't debut in yesterday's episode because i don't wanna wait another week to see trish kick ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom