• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On the subject of Pokemon, I'm about to show you all my Pokemon, Golden Boy. Got him back in 2009 when he was a pup.

Here he is, evolved into Golden Retriever, and he's about to turn 11 in May. I got nostalgic when I saw these photos side-by-side. Still kicking and smiling.

his stats look pretty bad just box him

D

Deleted member

nat 20 is when you roll a dice with 20 sides and get 20, in Dungeons and Dragons, this means a critical hit/moment. It can make a dwarf with heavy armour flap his arms to safety when falling off a cliff as whatever you do it NEVER fails. In this case it's a perception check, so that you can see if you're able to see everything in the room
I have no idea what you just said but OK

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Right now it goes into learning how to ****ing Corrin" doesn't make sense though.
You haven’t seen the type of messages I’ve been getting so I understand how you wouldn’t know but ... I mean... I’ve had to reject many people asking for how to ****ing the me

D

Deleted member

This and Pauline, please.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have no idea what you just said but OK
Basically, in Dungeons & Dragons (a tabletop RPG), the results of all actions are decided by the roll of a die (combined with character stats).

When you roll a 20-sided die (the typical die used for D&D, though others are also used), a Natural 1 is an automatic failure (oftentimes hilarious so), while a Natural 20 is an automatic success.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You haven’t seen the type of messages I’ve been getting so I understand how you wouldn’t know but ... I mean... I’ve had to reject many people asking for how to ****ing the me

What, like on Tinder, or...?

D

Deleted member

I’ve had to reject many people asking for how to ****ing the me
You forgot the part where you said it happens in your dreams.
Basically, in Dungeons & Dragons (a tabletop RPG), the results of all actions are decided by the roll of a die (combined with character stats).

When you roll a 20-sided die (the typical die used for D&D, though others are also used), a Natural 1 is an automatic failure (oftentimes hilarious so), while a Natural 20 is an automatic success.
Oh, OK! That makes much more sense, kinda. I've been thinking about watching ProJared's videos on that stuff again but I never really understood them all that well.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oooooh boi, you summoned me by talking Pokémon, here I go!

My list is a bit more eclectic because I was focussing on a mix of popularity, unique Moveset potential and how much I like them.

GenI: Pikachu, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Dragonite, Ninetales, Machamp

GenII: Pichu, Scizor, Espeon, Umbreon, Donphan, Typhlosion, Tyranitar, Slowking

GenIII: Rayquaza*, Gardevoir, Metagross, Latios, Absol, Camerupt, Grovyle, Flygon

GenIV: Arceus*, Lucario, Weavile, Garchomp, Dusknoir, Abomasnow, Mismagius, Croagunk, Torterra, Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf (as one character)

GenV: Genesect, Chandelure, Beheeyem, Keldeo, Zoroark, Whimsicott, Emolga, Hydreigon, Landorus (T), Serperior

GenVI: Greninja, Aegislash, Braixen, Barbaracle, Dedene, Malamar, Sylveon, Noivern

GenVII: Decidueye, Incineroar, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Nihilego, Tapu Fini, Sylvally, Alolan Sandslash

GenVIII: Melmetal I guess.
Quite a roster there, I tried to take into account scaling and how their body proportions would function in a Smash styled setting, what do you think of my currently completed roster?
I’ve limited it to 10 characters per Gen (excluding Pikachu and Melmetal) and could be extended if I decide to do this again in the future.

Gen I: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Eevee, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Snorlax, Mewtwo.
Gen II: Feraligatr, Typhosion, Scizor, Heracross, Quagsire, Ampharos, Granbull, Azumarill, Tyranitar, Entei.
Gen III: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Mawile, Sableye, Ludicolo, Aggron, Absol, Deoxys.
Gen IV: Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Croagunk, Electivire, Abomasnow, Lopunny, Darkrai.
Gen V: Zoroark, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Lilligant, Bisharp, Mienshao, Golurk, Hydreigon, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI: Greninja, Braixen, Chesnaught, Hawlucha, Noivern, Pangoro, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Goodra, Hoopa.
Gen VII: Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Bewear, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Marshadow, Zeraora, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.

Other: Pikachu and Melmetal.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

What, like on Tinder, or...?
Of the for purposing of communication, beings of the interesting of courtship enjoy such the feature as directly sending the messages to in the inbox of the target of the beings of the love

However as a matter of fact being as to how I am committed to have partner as of four years ago until the day of today, simply refusal is the of the need of the want to have respond.

D

Deleted member

Of the for purposing of communication, beings of the interesting of courtship enjoy such the feature as directly sending the messages to in the inbox of the target of the beings of the love

However as a matter of fact being as to how I am committed to have partner as of four years ago until the day of today, simply refusal is the of the need of the want to have respond.
Excuse me what

D

Deleted member

So you’re saying people on smashboards have messaged you asking “hey bby want sum ****”?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I like to imagine that this will be remembered by history as the start of the AI uprising.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Diem you should know that I appreciate you because you and I are like the only two guys here who post long, well thought out posts (alongside Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones but he doesn't come here that much anymore and I kinda miss him).

Also you're from Arizona too so you understand what it's like to literally live in Hell.
I would say, "Didja miss me?!" but you already said you kinda did.

I finished Persona 5 last night. It has broken my Top 10 favorite games I think, I'm considering buying the soundtrack on iTunes, and I feel like part of my outlook on life has changed quite a bit.

It's weird because I beat the final boss on Thursday night, had the Valentine's Day scene on Thursday night, but had school to work on Friday so I had to go to bed because I had no idea what was left at that point.

Like obviously there are certain tropes of these stories in regard to the ending, but I expected it to be bittersweet. I came around, and I do like the ending. The game in its entirety have made me rethink "my justice", and how to really change the world. By that I mean, you have to do what you think is right. But on the other hand, simply changing a few individuals isn't enough: you have to change the hearts of the many before you can truly see meaningful change.

For the game to come out in 2016, I felt that the plot and certain things about it struck too close to home. It almost had like an Orwellian feeling to it. Other things include the fact that I didn't know Matt Mercer voiced Yusuke (brilliant), and I never knew that I could develop such an attachment to a group of teenagers who exist within the confines of the game, but then again based on the fanart and love for the characters I don't even know if that's true.

Based on this game, while I'm not really convinced to play other Persona titles (idk, I don't really like the character designs and the P5 design just fits perfectly in ways that imo the other games don't, but that's based on a trivial understanding of those games), I kinda wish I'd played it when I played Red Dead Redemption 2. If that had been the case, I would have been through a game that changed my life and then seen the protagonist get into my overall favorite series of all time. Considering that, and the fact that the 3rd party cast is already 10/10 for me, I'm honestly at the point where I don't necessarily care who else gets into Smash.

What I thought was especially relatable for me with this game was that...well, even though the way the Phantom Thieves changed hearts was through battle, it wasn't a punishment to the wrongdoers. It was an attempt to help them see the error of their ways and make things right. That, to me, is a vital difference in how social change is believed to be brought about in 2019. I've recently made a return to Twitter, and I see plenty of people just saying how terrible other people are for believing certain things, and while things like racism and sexism, and homophobia or transphobia, or the results of what we'd call "**** culture" are terrible things, telling people who practice harmful behaviors that they don't inherently think about that they're bad people isn't the solution.

Shouting at people and telling them they're bad people for something they understand as normal isn't going to make things better. It makes them angry. It's negative adding to negative, which doesn't make things more positive. It just makes people angry.

In an interesting twist, my colleagues were talking about how positivity with students can change their outlook on their effort to change a behavior when the situation is handled differently. For example, there's a difference if I tell a student to put their phone away in a passive aggressive way in front of everybody vs. kindly greeting them at the door, and then after a period of time tell them quietly to put it away. This isn't to say that horrible things in society, or injustices are to be solved by quietly telling people to stop being a racist for example, but the premise is moreso that using negativity to change a negative behavior to a positive one doesn't work.

More than anything, to change the world on a large scale, nobody...not even a "chosen one" like an anime protagonist can do it on their own. You have to work together with people of different backgrounds, but a similar interest in reform.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. But as Ryuji would say, "For real" I had to get that out there.

Persona 5 is a great game. Play it. Or wait for it on Switch and THEN play it.

It was a weird moment for me at the end, mainly because whoever you pick for your "romance" in the story ends up in bed with you, which either gives you a teen x teen underage sex implication, or the exact thing that you sought to correct with Kamoshida. Everyone went with their own thing, but I have to say that Ann was the best pick to me. She's a sweetheart and exhibits growth for herself in an authentic way. Sorry Makoto fans, I simply think she's kinda dull. Ann expresses her outward love for the protagonist and is bubbly, whereas Makoto, at least to me, is kinda like, "Oh, ok". I could go on forever about this, but then it would turn into a potential waifu war. War is pointless.

Mainly because Ann is best waifu

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toaster's girlfriend: "Let's do something special for our anniversary"
Toaster: "Begone harlot"
“LET ME JUST FINISH THIS ROUND”

Nah I miss her a lot so I give her as much attention as I can whenever she visits

So you’re saying people on smashboards have messaged you asking “hey bby want sum ****”?
The previously of statement was in context of in the defense of the misread of statement wherein staindgrey did say being of himself like to have had copulation concerning anime dragon person with chainsaw

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, OK! That makes much more sense, kinda. I've been thinking about watching ProJared's videos on that stuff again but I never really understood them all that well.
I suggest watching TFS at the Table, since one of the players (Grant) was new to the game when they started so they had to describe to him how the game works.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Quite a roster there, I tried to take into account scaling and how their body proportions would function in a Smash styled setting, what do you think of my currently completed roster?
Oh, forgot to mention the Pokémon with Asterix' need to be scaled down.

About your roster: It's quite large.
I like most of it a lot, but there are some Pokémon (Granbull, Scrafty, Mienshao) that seem a bit out of place and you seem to prioritise bipeds quite a lot (something I'm dealing with too).
Also might I ask why GenV is the only gen without starters to rep it?
I'd say Serperior or Dewott would make great characters!

Overall your roster is awesome but I'm missing some strangeness-potential

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Diem you should know that I appreciate you because you and I are like the only two guys here who post long, well thought out posts (alongside Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones but he doesn't come here that much anymore and I kinda miss him).

Also you're from Arizona too so you understand what it's like to literally live in Hell.
Thanks to Mr. Jones for bringing this back up and, as a result, to my attention, but I resent this statement

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That's the plan, Scoliosis.

That's the plan...
I should be interesting to see what you take from it considering your age. It may be similar to what I took from it as a 26 year old, but I will truly be curious to see what you think. That's no slight toward you, as I consider you rather mature for your age, which is something I was always told by others at that age.

Weird.

Speaking of your age, I talked to some of my students about their research topics (they were told to research a topic they felt that couldn't stay quiet about, so students have been picking stuff like police brutality, poverty, gender inequality, toxic masculinity, all the good topics). I told them to look for "their justice", and that phrase seemed to resonate with them. It at least helped one student realize what she really wanted to research, which was youth incarceration.

Guess where I got that idea from?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I should be interesting to see what you take from it considering your age. It may be similar to what I took from it as a 26 year old, but I will truly be curious to see what you think. That's no slight toward you, as I consider you rather mature for your age, which is something I was always told by others at that age.

Weird.

Speaking of your age, I talked to some of my students about their research topics (they were told to research a topic they felt that couldn't stay quiet about, so students have been picking stuff like police brutality, poverty, gender inequality, toxic masculinity, all the good topics). I told them to look for "their justice", and that phrase seemed to resonate with them. It at least helped one student realize what she really wanted to research, which was youth incarceration.

Guess where I got that idea from?
Pac-Man.

It's Pac-Man right?

Yeah, it's Pac-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom