• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wonder.

3 hours from now, will we see Smash news? Will we see an announcement for future Smash news?

Will we find out Jack/Jane weren’t Joker to begin with?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I’m playing Crash Bandicoot right now. The first game off the N. Sane Trilogy. Probably my favorite one of the three because it’s relatively easy to complete and sticks to mostly pure platforming.

What do are you’re guys’s Opinions on the Crash Trilogy.

D

Deleted member

C'mon guys, why would they reveal Jane if they have information specifically for their own reveal?

Jane is leakbait? Coincidence?
Hotel? Trivago.

/s

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
In the Persona thing happening on the 24th, they reveal that F!Joker will be playable in Smash as a last surprise.
no this is actually very plausible

it would give extra attention to Royal's full reveal and feMC without having a surprise Direct suddenly take all the wind out of its sails

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I wonder.

3 hours from now, will we see Smash news? Will we see an announcement for future Smash news?

Jack/Jane is Erdrick, Brave is Joker. We cracked the code.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’m playing Crash Bandicoot right now. The first game off the N. Sane Trilogy. Probably my favorite one of the three because it’s relatively easy to complete and sticks to mostly pure platforming.

What do are you’re guys’s Opinions on the Crash Trilogy.
My opinion of the original Crash trilogy is inherently biased because 2 & 3 were childhood games for me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder.

*3 hours*

Ouch, that's too late for me. Can someone tag me if we get any news about Persona/Joker?

D

Deleted member

Reminder that they didn't show K Rool's armour gimmick. It's very possible that they could show off Joker, say his costumes ahve a surprise in them, and then at the Persona event show off Jane proper and then someone announces she'll be in smash too. Hey, could happen.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Wall-of-text ahead:

Alright, so I've got a new hypothetical in mind, and it's going to revive an old gag image I created last year when we were speculating about additional fighter slots. Here are two scenarios, each with their pros and cons:

Scenario A:
Smash Ultimate post DLC Kappa.png

(Assume that Joker is already in the first 5 slots and that all other unknown DLC characters are predetermined and thus unchanged)
In this scenario, we enter a timeline where Sony mends its relationship with Nintendo and Microsoft. However, it gets the Lion's share of character promotions regarding any possible extension of Smash Ultimate's life-cycle, mainly due to their past history together before branching off. With that information all said and done, let's look over the benefits:

-Sony is more compliant with crossplay and deals involving its competitor companies, forming a friendly rivalry that cyclically aids them all

-Smash is made the first-ever Nintendo-made video game to be available on all major consoles, but is the only example in the industry

-All of the characters taken directly from Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale will get updates to their models and move-sets, but this is obvious

-In addition to that, none of the character designs are finalized, so you can still get Dante, but he would be based on the main version. Otherwise, why the **** would Sakurai bother bringing back the scrappy version when he vehemently rejected modern Pac-Man?

But now for the problems that might arise out of this deal:

-Due to the strenuous amount of copyrights that need to be juggled, Nintendo benefits way less out of this which may hurt the series' future for a sequel

-The Sony reps lose the uniqueness factor of their stages transitioning. Instead, we get stages from their respective home series to fit with Smash, which is hardly an issue when stage morph exists

-Purchasing these characters on any system besides Sony will be given a "Sony Tax" since the incentive is to purchase the Sony-published version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. How much that is all depends on it being close to a deal-breaker for you

-Finally, this entire scenario ultimately (no pun intended) means that the unknown four DLC characters are pretty much your only hope in getting your current Most-Wanted(s), assuming they aren't in this hypothetical roster already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for Scenario B:

Unlike Scenario A where we get 30 DLC slots, we get half the amount with just 15 total (Joker being included in that number already). In this scenario, Sony remains distant and aloof as far as competition goes, so the hope of seeing anything from either Sony or Microsoft is shot down entirely by the former, and fairly ambiguous for the latter. The silver lining to this is that anything pretty much goes, and while there's no guarantee fan favorites will make it in this hypothetical roster, there's a decent chance for it as we get 14 chances of our Most-Wanted(s) coming true. To wit:

-Fans of Namco will have at least three guaranteed reps by the end of the support cycle. One will be expected, and the other will be a wild card like Joker

-Microsoft being a bit more chummy with Nintendo means we could still get Banjo and Steve, and perhaps even Master Chief. This is as far as the goal posts go

-Characters who missed the mark, but are not quite support-heavy like Assist Trophies (i.e. Rex & Pyra, Geno, Magolor, etc.) get a chance at promotion. There's a catch however: Assume that the first Fighter's Pass is absent of promo choices, so no Spirit fighters yet (but eventually, for the second and/or third Fighter's Pass)

-One-third will cater to the West, another third will cater to the home country, and the last third will feature characters popular worldwide. Everyone gets a slice of the pie, so complaining about an obscure character will get you nowhere. This is not a negative, as you will have someone you like guaranteed, even if it's not necessarily a Most-Wanted. There is also no set order to when these characters appear

And like with Scenario A's caveats, we deal with a list for B's:

-At least one-third of the 15 characters are Nintendo shill picks, and of the sort that feel very late to the roster even from a DLC standpoint. Keep in mind, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. This scenario will inevitably upset a lot of other people too, even if fan-favorites find their way in the selection

-If a character does not make it into the 15 character slots, assume that this is their last chance ever to appear in any Smash game as a playable character ever again. They are relegated into minor cameo status at best and complete absence at worst. It's a gamble for your Most-Wanted, especially if it's a 1st-party character

-Mii costumes are a point of contention for many, so expect some characters to get deconfirmed with the inclusion of cosmetics. This could potentially affect anyone that is heavily requested, but still rejected for reasons Sakurai only knows. Some examples include Geno once again, and potentially Lloyd, but now with the addition of characters like Shantae and Elma

-For quality reasons, each pack and character announcement is spread out by at least 3 months of their announcement dates, meaning the wait for new information will be strenuous, and anything involving E3 will tone down Smash content overall in favor of other Nintendo-based software. Slow and unfortunate for Smashgoers and great for potentially the rest of Nintendo's userbase overall

With all of that said and done, which scenario would you guys go for?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*3 hours*

Ouch, that's too late for me. Can someone tag me if we get any news about Persona/Joker?
Yeah I’ll try to remember
I’ve used too much of my phones battery at the moment so I’ll be posting/checking in a bit less but I’ll be around when we may or may not get news

D

Deleted member

Imagine if we get a Character that no Leaker saw coming like Geno a First Party Character or something that would throw a wrench into things and make Speculation more interesting for sure.

Though I doubt it's going to happen, if we get a Character it's probably going to be Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

Wall-of-text ahead:

Alright, so I've got a new hypothetical in mind, and it's going to revive an old gag image I created last year when we were speculating about additional fighter slots. Here are two scenarios, each with their pros and cons:

Scenario A:
View attachment 202639
(Assume that Joker is already in the first 5 slots and that all other unknown DLC characters are predetermined and thus unchanged)
In this scenario, we enter a timeline where Sony mends its relationship with Nintendo and Microsoft. However, it gets the Lion's share of character promotions regarding any possible extension of Smash Ultimate's life-cycle, mainly due to their past history together before branching off. With that information all said and done, let's look over the benefits:

-Sony is more compliant with crossplay and deals involving its competitor companies, forming a friendly rivalry that cyclically aids them all

-Smash is made the first-ever Nintendo-made video game to be available on all major consoles, but is the only example in the industry

-All of the characters taken directly from Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale will get updates to their models and move-sets, but this is obvious

-In addition to that, none of the character designs are finalized, so you can still get Dante, but he would be based on the main version. Otherwise, why the **** would Sakurai bother bringing back the scrappy version when he vehemently rejected modern Pac-Man?

But now for the problems that might arise out of this deal:

-Due to the strenuous amount of copyrights that need to be juggled, Nintendo benefits way less out of this which may hurt the series' future for a sequel

-The Sony reps lose the uniqueness factor of their stages transitioning. Instead, we get stages from their respective home series to fit with Smash, which is hardly an issue when stage morph exists

-Purchasing these characters on any system besides Sony will be given a "Sony Tax" since the incentive is to purchase the Sony-published version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. How much that is all depends on it being close to a deal-breaker for you

-Finally, this entire scenario ultimately (no pun intended) means that the unknown four DLC characters are pretty much your only hope in getting your current Most-Wanted(s), assuming they aren't in this hypothetical roster already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for Scenario B:

Unlike Scenario A where we get 30 DLC slots, we get half the amount with just 15 total (Joker being included in that number already). In this scenario, Sony remains distant and aloof as far as competition goes, so the hope of seeing anything from either Sony or Microsoft is shot down entirely by the former, and fairly ambiguous for the latter. The silver lining to this is that anything pretty much goes, and while there's no guarantee fan favorites will make it in this hypothetical roster, there's a decent chance for it as we get 14 chances of our Most-Wanted(s) coming true. To wit:

-Fans of Namco will have at least three guaranteed reps by the end of the support cycle. One will be expected, and the other will be a wild card like Joker

-Microsoft being a bit more chummy with Nintendo means we could still get Banjo and Steve, and perhaps even Master Chief. This is as far as the goal posts go

-Characters who missed the mark, but are not quite support-heavy like Assist Trophies (i.e. Rex & Pyra, Geno, Magolor, etc.) get a chance at promotion. There's a catch however: Assume that the first Fighter's Pass is absent of promo choices, so no Spirit fighters yet (but eventually, for the second and/or third Fighter's Pass)

-One-third will cater to the West, another third will cater to the home country, and the last third will feature characters popular worldwide. Everyone gets a slice of the pie, so complaining about an obscure character will get you nowhere. This is not a negative, as you will have someone you like guaranteed, even if it's not necessarily a Most-Wanted. There is also no set order to when these characters appear

And like with Scenario A's caveats, we deal with a list for B's:

-At least one-third of the 15 characters are Nintendo shill picks, and of the sort that feel very late to the roster even from a DLC standpoint. Keep in mind, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Keep in mind that this scenario will inevitably upset a lot of people, even if fan-favorites find their way in the selection

-If a character does not make it into the 15 character slots, assume that this is their last chance ever to appear in any Smash game as a playable character ever again. They are relegated into minor cameo status at best and complete absence at worst. It's a gamble for your Most-Wanted, especially if it's a 1st-part character

-Mii costumes are a point of contention for many, so expect some characters to get deconfirmed with the inclusion of cosmetics. This could potentially affect anyone that is heavily requested, but still rejected for reasons Sakurai only knows. Some examples include Geno once again, and potentially Lloyd, but now with the addition of characters like Shantae and Elma

-For quality reasons, each pack and character announcement is spread out by at least 3 months of their announcement dates, meaning the wait for new information will be strenuous, and anything involving E3 will tone down Smash content overall in favor of other Nintendo-based software. Slow and unfortunate for Smashgoers and great for potentially the rest of Nintendo's userbase overall

With all of that said and done, which scenario would you guys go for?
A because I want to play as the actual Zeus in Smash.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
When you want to reply to someone, you click the nifty little reply button on a post! Right next to like and quote!
Saving that image for later use.

Every day my Forum Weapons bookmarks folder gets stronger.

If you need help with figuring out the forum, here's the help page.
Thanks! Wasn't sure how the quote system worked. Now that I get it.

I noticed that Thanos posting is popular here so I'm just trying to adapt.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thanks! Wasn't sure how the quote system worked. Now that I get it.

I noticed that Thanos posting is popular here so I'm just trying to adapt.
You're fittin' in already. I'm so proud.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I’ll try to remember
I’ve used too much of my phones battery at the moment so I’ll be posting/checking in a bit less but I’ll be around when we may or may not get news
Thanks a bunch!

Imagine if we get a Character that no Leaker saw coming like Geno a First Party Character or something that would throw a wrench into things and make Speculation more interesting for sure.

Though I doubt it's going to happen, if we get a Character it's probably going to be Erdrick.
I don't think Joker will be the last surprise (hehe) DLC character, but Erdrick still seems likely.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hope you losers are ready for GLaDOS' reveal tonight.
Jokes aside, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think it might be non-Joker news

It would be irritating because it would narrowly miss April, thus making the first part of my timeline only approximately accurate (ugh.) but yeah

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
D1 all but confirming something is being announced

and yeah, splatoon also got a big update announced so they're doing it

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

Yeah, a curveball character would be nice.I remember thinking Grovyle was pretty likely for DLC before Joker. If that happens I'd cry tears of joy (but also a few of sadness because I would have to main incineroar for a few weeks for a bet)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My dude Geno is the most reoccuring character in fake leaks

D

Deleted member

Wait only a fool would believe Geno would get in over Erdrick and this possible reveal is happening around April Fool's Day!

HE'S IN BOYS! WE DID IT!
When you get in Smash.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom