• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I already said this, but I agree with the notion that there are far more interesting third parties than first parties.
I would rather take unique, creative fighters like Sora, Steve and Sans and any other cool third parties I have not named than dull first party picks like Geno, Banjo and Kazooie and Isaac.

Steve and Master Chief are more interesting than Banjo and Kazooie, Isaac has less personality than Link, and I just do not get the appeal of Geno.

Edit: Banjo and Geno are not first parties, but still. They are wanted, but I can not find the interest in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
King K. Rool will never be in Smash Bros. People just need to give up already because it's never happening.

says the k.rool main of course
Let me just say that I have been a big King K. Rool for Smash supporter. I believe there's enough to make him into a playable character. I believe that he's well-received by fans who have played the Donkey Kong series - not necessarily hardcore fans only. He has the "ingredients" necessary to be a Smash character... except that the producers of new and current Donkey Kong games do not like him at all.

King K. Rool has been tossed away by Retro Studios as the main series villain. Why? I don't have the exact answer, but I could probably assume it's because they do not want to be thought of as a brainless company that's just doing the job Rare Ltd. can't legally do. They probably want to try and inject fresh characters into the series and establish a main villain of their own.

So until Rare Ltd. decides to return to Nintendo, you'll not only likely never see King K. Rool as the main villain in a Donkey Kong video game again, but you'll never see King K. Rool as a playable Smash character. Deal with it, like I have.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y-You'll leave me?
lol yeah

Space was one of our good fellows, I 'member. I still talk to him. But back then I, or rather, my predecessor, often posted about his boredom or what was up, so when the mods came in and said that (posting one-off status messages on these threads) wasn't okay, he agreed to a change. I wonder how that went.
its like a transformation

things werent the same ever again

space stranger's trail of tears

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone in the Waluigi community harassed and death threatened Sakurai.
It's funny everyone remembers this but casually sweeps the Ridley equivalent from Smash 4 under the rug.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Arlo's new video: The Great Nintendo Direct Drought of '19

Lads...it's only been 27 days. Nintendo fans the only ones that want commercials on a regular basis.

D

Deleted member

>The Fantastic Four are worthless for Marvel as a whole and they don’t have any value as a property or story.
>The Fantastic Four have never been good on games.
>Not a single Godzilla movie has heart on it or serious stuff.
>Godzilla: Save The Earth sucks.
>Metroid can’t crawl.
>Metroid Prime is the only good Retro Studios game.
>Crash has sucked and always will because he isn’t Mario.
>CTR is the worst racing game ever.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Lads...it's only been 27 days. Nintendo fans the only ones that want commercials on a regular basis.
To be more specific,

they want an ad, for an ad being added to an ad...

You get what I'm saying?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Bait Incorrect statements? "How about this?":

Everyone is Here was a terrible idea because it makes future Smash games (be honest with yourselves, they're inevitable with the series' success) seem inferior no matter what because Everyone is Here will never be achieved again. It also considerably decreased the newcomer count and personally, I wish Ultimate had more of a "new" factor. Everyone is Here also bloats the roster with so many characters so that the quality and depth of each character is decreased because they have to all share development time, meaning more bugs and fewer details.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since the thread topic is about demons, why don’t we show appreciation for a series that deals with inner demons and fears.
2949478B-0346-4D24-A171-77C0CE2D994D.jpeg
and a very ****ed up cult.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me just say that I have been a big King K. Rool for Smash supporter. I believe there's enough to make him into a playable character. I believe that he's well-received by fans who have played the Donkey Kong series - not necessarily hardcore fans only. He has the "ingredients" necessary to be a Smash character... except that the producers of new and current Donkey Kong games do not like him at all.

King K. Rool has been tossed away by Retro Studios as the main series villain. Why? I don't have the exact answer, but I could probably assume it's because they do not want to be thought of as a brainless company that's just doing the job Rare Ltd. can't legally do. They probably want to try and inject fresh characters into the series and establish a main villain of their own.

So until Rare Ltd. decides to return to Nintendo, you'll not only likely never see King K. Rool as the main villain in a Donkey Kong video game again, but you'll never see King K. Rool as a playable Smash character. Deal with it, like I have.
Thank you for reminding the thread about that classic Gamefaqs thread, Watcher.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just looked at the smash ultimate boxart for funsies

why the **** did they replace roy's spot on the rows (its chronological inclusion from left to right) with chrom, and then put roy in the beginning of the bottom half where the brawl characters were introduced?

EDIT: WHAT THE **** WHY ARE IKE AND TOON LINK IN THE SMASH 4 GROUP

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
What about another game that explores a Japanese woman's inner demons and fears?
Yeah, that one. The one I never shut up about.

Roberk

Smash Champion

The last General Direct was in September, they kinda have a point. Nintendo has been screaming "Smash! Buy Smash!" for the past 6 months and it obviously worked but now they need to move on to the future. I've seen many casuals question what even is the 2019 lineup for Nintendo because the marketing is non-existent.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

why the **** did they replace roy's spot on the rows (its chronological inclusion from left to right) with chrom, and then put roy in the beginning of the bottom half where the brawl characters were introduced?

Palutena's down in the newcomer gang. The whole back boxart is messed up.

D

Deleted member

I want to be hype for Kingdom Hearts 3 and buy it, but I never played KH1 and KH2. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Just to annoy people, obviously.

D

Deleted member

I already said this, but I agree with the notion that there are far more interesting third parties than first parties.
I would rather take unique, creative fighters like Sora, Steve and Sans and any other cool third parties I have not named than dull first party picks like Geno, Banjo and Kazooie and Isaac.

Steve and Master Chief are more interesting than Banjo and Kazooie, Isaac has less personality than Link, and I just do not get the appeal of Geno.
Banjo and Geno aren't first parties though

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Just because my most most wanteds are out doesn't mean I still don't have guys in the like...

top 25.

Ahem...

Erdrick for Smash.
Also, Celestrian as alt skin.
You know I was just razzing you, right?

D

Deleted member

So, the thread’s theme is now the demons inside of us? Let’s see some demon-related stuff or actions found on my four favourite franchises then:

>In Metroid we can see a good example of Samus’s demons on Metroid 2, where she basically does to the Metroids the same thing that Ridley did with her species on Zebes, with the difference being that Samus refused to attempt to kill the only surviving child. This game would affect the franchise as a whole in many regards, including Samus herself.

>In Crash Twinsanity we are introduced to Evil Crash, a being from another dimension who could be the Bandicoot after being completely consumed by the demons inside of him. He eats the Evil Twins in the end of the game, which opens a lot of perceptions for the players. There’s also the stuff that the actual hero does to Cortex during the game, which shows some kind of unbalance between the good and bad behaviours of society.

>Godzilla itself is an allegory to a huge problem born from the madness of mankind during World War II (the nuclear bomb). The first movie in the franchise shows Godzilla as an atrocity born from the evil side of humanity, and does a perfect job with that imo. In later movies we would also see stuff like Destoroyah.

>In the Fantastic Four comics, we can see that Victor von Doom acts the way he does in an attempt to finally succeed over Mefisto and rescue his mother from hell. In many of the comics we see how Doctor Doom does anything, as bad as it could be, to get more power and guarantee a better scenario for the moment he meets with Mefisto again. The Fantastic Four themselves also show the good and bad things that families tend to have, and how those problems are normally fixed on them. In general, the comics showcase the way that the demons of humanity make any kind of person behave in drastic ways to overcome a lot of stuff. The character of Silver Surfer was also created by Stan Lee to free some of his philosophical thoughts and worriers to the readers.

In conclussion: JDCabrera needs to stop overthinking stuff.
Quoting this just because we are talking about demons again.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking about Metroid today.

I'm still very sad about Metroid today.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

tbf Nintendo fans don't really have many big Nintendo games to look forward to, We know nothing of AC2019, we know nothing of Pokemon, they have been INCREDIBLY quiet about Fire Emblem, we know nothing about Bayonetta 3, Prime 4's development got ****ed, we don't know if Pikmin 4 is still on the way, etc. The only game to look forward to in 2019 as a Nintendo fan is Yoshi's Crafting World unless Fire Emblem's still releasing soon

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I was thinking about Metroid today.

I'm still very sad about Metroid today.
Think of it this way...

Breath of the Wild was massively delayed...

When it finally released, it went on to become Game of the Year...

Maybe the same thing might happen to Prime 4

D

Deleted member

It's just a jokey title. He even says so in the description that he's over exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom