• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Fact: Samurais are cool
Also a fact: We don't have any playable Samurai in Smash, even though Nintendo has two perfectly good ones going (Takamaru and Lyn).
(Samurai Goroh would have to be as original as Falcon, which is why I'm not counting him).
The CDi YTPs will never age.

They will stay alive.
I meant specifically within the games themselves, but okay. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

A collection of versions of the Zelda CD-i games with actual good game design, professional animation and good voice acting would be an interesting experience...

"But then what is there to laugh at!?"
Perhaps you could laugh at the originals in the same way you'd reflect on your younger self, maybe.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, just gonna put this out there for those who have brought up that the wait hasn't been that long: You're right. The last Direct was two months ago...

...But it was a Smash Direct. Not everyone is interested in Smash, or likes other games besides Smash and would like to hear about them. As far as General Directs go, it's been since September, which is a decent stretch of time. I don't think people reasonably asking for one (Key wording there: "Asking", not "demanding") are being "impatient" or "unreasonable". Smash got it's time in the limelight, I'd say it's about time to let some other games shine, especially key titles like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and LM3.
Basically sums up how I felt about E3. Was just watching Ultimate, and the chat had a complete mass grievance over Animal Crossing not showing up the whole time.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
jesus **** im hella bored rn
Also, just gonna put this out there for those who have brought up that the wait hasn't been that long: You're right. The last Direct was two months ago...

...But it was a Smash Direct. Not everyone is interested in Smash, or likes other games besides Smash and would like to hear about them. As far as General Directs go, it's been since September, which is a decent stretch of time. I don't think people reasonably asking for one (Key wording there: "Asking", not "demanding") are being "impatient" or "unreasonable". Smash got it's time in the limelight, I'd say it's about time to let some other games shine, especially key titles like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and LM3.
an Animal Crossing Direct is overdue

D

Deleted member

Everyone: "Dude, Animal Crossing is like, one of the best gaming series ever made man! I can't wait for the new one for the Switch!"
Me:

D

Deleted member

Basically sums up how I felt about E3. Was just watching Ultimate, and the chat had a complete mass grievance over Animal Crossing not showing up.
Exactly. I definitely understand why people were disappointed with Nintendo's E3 last year, even though I wasn't. While I feel some went too far (especially those that said it was outright bad), I definitely feel it was underwhelming if you weren't a Smash fan.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone: "Dude, Animal Crossing is like, one of the best gaming series ever made man! I can't wait for the new one for the Switch!"
Me:
me neither

i love the games, but i cant keep up with it for ****. one day my village is fine, one month later its riddled with weed and weed the drug

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Got bored so I made a fake leak:

SUPER SMASH BROS X VEGETABLES

The leek joins the battle!

I’ll see myself out now

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Exactly. I definitely understand why people were disappointed with Nintendo's E3 last year, even though I wasn't. While I feel some went too far (especially those that said it was outright bad), I definitely feel it was underwhelming if you weren't a Smash fan.
It's easily the weakest presentation at E3 if you take away Smash. I'd definitely call it bad.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Legit I have played Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, and every single one of them I could feel my brain cells trying to kill themselves.

It's funny because I've poured dozes of thousands of hours into Minecraft which arguably has less characters than any of those games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's easily the weakest presentation at E3 if you take away Smash. I'd definitely call it bad.
Hard disagree when you had things like Sony's and Square Enix's, but to each their own. IMO, Microsoft was the clear winner that year.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when i dont play for a while and my favorite villager ****ing leaves

apu.jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!
Legit I have played Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, and every single one of them I could feel my brain cells trying to kill themselves.

It's funny because I've poured dozes of thousands of hours into Minecraft which arguably has less characters than any of those games.
It's because you're a square.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And they could finally show off Bayonetta 3 after leaving it in the dark for one and a half years ago... hmm, probably not. I look forward to a "Development Update" video tomorrow morning in which it details it's also been reset like Prime 4. Lol.
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the Bayonetta series.

I swear, it better be better than a damn twitter post saying "hey, happy 10th!" and nothing else.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

it's beyond braindead gameplay. It's fun for me, but calling it casual is an understatement. If you like to think at all when you play a game, then AC is not for you.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Awww ****, Harvest moon. Another one of my jams

D

Deleted member

Hard disagree when you had things like Sony's and Square Enix's, but to each their own. IMO, Microsoft was the clear winner that year.
EA had without a doubt the worst conference.

Microsoft did a dope one with the reveal of Battletoads alone.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
me neither

i love the games, but i cant keep up with it for ****. one day my village is fine, one month later its riddled with weed and weed the drug
Ok, two questions. Is one of the games New Leaf? If so, do you have the "Keep the Town Beautiful" ordinance enacted?

D

Deleted member

Basically sums up how I felt about E3. Was just watching Ultimate, and the chat had a complete mass grievance over Animal Crossing not showing up.
Blame the people posting "SMASH" nonstop in streams like Etika's and Directs in 2017 as if the Switch's success solely depended on it. And sadly us too. We're on... Smash... boards... ha ha...

That's really why I didn't like how they announced Prime 4 and Bayo 3 just to shut fans up about them. They really shouldn't have done that. It's great to know they exist (and good on them for letting us know about Prime 4's status), but it just lengthens the wait. I know I may sound egoistical and impatient, but if Nintendo says they like to announce games closer to release, then they should keep their word. Bayonetta could also end up being radically different, not using elements from that teaser. That's the problem with early announcements. During that E3, besides updates on those two, I wish they showed more things like Daemon X Machina. Something fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i tried playing pocket camp like 3 months ago and on the debut release in 2017

yeah i forgot i even had it on my phone

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
it's beyond braindead gameplay. It's fun for me, but calling it casual is an understatement. If you like to think at all when you play a game, then AC is not for you.
I wouldn't call it braindead. I think the right term is relaxing but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

EA had without a doubt the worst conference.

Microsoft did a dope one with the reveal of Battletoads alone.
Oh yeah, forgot about EA. Remember that awkward Star Wars developer interview from the crowd? What even was that, lol.

Nintendo did have Smash, though, and since Smash is such a huge title and did please many people, I'd say their E3 was pretty good in my book. They also had plenty of indies, not to mention the Splatoon 2 and Smash Invitationals which were super fun to watch. Splatoon's even gave us the available now with Octo Expansion!

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Don't make me remind you of the madness that was EA's
I don't even count EA. I expect a lot from Nintendo, they are a video game company. EA literally just want to find ways to squeeze as much money out of their consumer base as humanly possible. Their design philosophy is completely dependent on trying to see how they can get someone to spend MORE money after they already purchased a game. I expect EA to have a ****ty conference, but Nintendo has integrity.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Around a year ago, for about a month straight, I played nothing but Harvest Moon

Now, I barely even touch it... it just gets boring after you basically do everything...

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I don't like the commitment you have to put into Animal Crossing. I don't like how you have to play it every day or else "your entire village will be covered in weeds and everyone you know will be gone!". I like playing games when I want, and not being forced to.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't even count EA. I expect a lot from Nintendo, they are a video game company. EA literally just want to find ways to squeeze as much money out of their consumer base as humanly possible. Their design philosophy is completely dependent on trying to see how they can get someone to spend MORE money after they already purchased a game. I expect EA to have a ****ty conference, but Nintendo has integrity.
At least they didn't take 15 minutes out of their show to switch venues...

*Cough* Sony *Cough*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There’s a tradition in my house each time E3 happens:
The first conference i always watch is the Microsoft one. I don’t know why I never owned a Xbox, right now i have too many consoles at once to get a Xbox one... But i always see their live conferences for some reason.

They day Microsoft reveals a new Gears Of War or Halo title at E3 without having the voice shouting “exclusive” is when things will get nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nintendo's E3 gave me allowed me to feel joy in the midst of an emotional trauma that sparked my life's downward trend, so it's good in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom