• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Blame the people posting "SMASH" nonstop in streams like Etika's and Directs in 2017 as if the Switch's success solely depended on it. And sadly us too. We're on... Smash... boards... ha ha...

That's really why I didn't like how they announced Prime 4 and Bayo 3 just to shut fans up about them. They really shouldn't have done that. It's great to know they exist (and good on them for letting us know about Prime 4's status), but it just lengthens the wait. I know I may sound egoistical and impatient, but if Nintendo says they like to announce games closer to release, then they should keep their word. Bayonetta could also end up being radically different, not using elements from that teaser. That's the problem with early announcements. During that E3, besides updates on those two, I wish they showed more things like Daemon X Machina. Something fresh.
While I see your point, strategically I think they did make the better call with Prime 4. After Federation Force's reaction there was no guarantee that Samus Returns wouldn't have gotten any backlash itself, and if it did it would've bombed as well and left Metroid in an even more dire state then it was before. Doing the announcement of MP4 then and there really helped in cooling off any negative feelings to FF and allowed Samus Returns more breathing room, and as a result it was a success in its own right and we may very well have a new game on the way from the same studio.

So in the end, I will defend their decision with the early announcement there. Samus Returns may've greatly benefitted from that call, and I feel that's worth the tradeoff of having to wait an extra year to hear more about MP4 as they initially planned.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nice to know I ain't the only one...

Meanwhile, Tumblr definitely is terrible after the purge. I'm still annoyed how my latest works don't even get much notes at all despite how hard I worked on em. Sometimes I wish my smash snapshots got more love. Like I could see some snapshots that appear, me thinking some of mine look better, but yet no recognition.
Twitter is where it’s at when it comes to art anyways
I don’t wanna go to carosel!
You will like the carosel

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We were talking about how cool Samurai Goroh would be.
Unpopular opinion incoming: I really don't think we should have another F Zero fighter. Captain Falcon as a fighter was cool, but he relied mostly on original moves. I wouldn't be against having another, though.

D

Deleted member

Whoa what.

Splatoon is...getting more weapons?:

Today is a good day.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Unpopular opinion incoming: I really don't think we should have another F Zero fighter. Captain Falcon as a fighter was cool, but he relied mostly on original moves. I wouldn't be against having another, though.
I think that Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow have plenty of potential. Goroh because we've seen him use that katana like a master sense Brawl, so there's that. Black Shadow can just get G.Dorf's old moveset so he can get a new one that's actually based on the things he's done in past Zelda titles.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
For those who didn't find out why Mii Brawler is bad (Since people who meme it don't really explain it), here's why:

1.) The guy can't kill (Like at all): This one is one of his major flaws despite being said as a bruiser. Most of Brawlers moveset is akin to Foxes in terms of stats, but unlike fox (Who has quick kill moves, good neutral moves, and great mix-ups), Brawler's kill moves are all punishable simply due to the endlag on all of them (Including F-Smash which actually was buffed in Endlag but not enough). I have even lost as mii brawler in one match because I can't even kill a Squirtle at 140%!

2.) His moves are too situational: What I mean by this is that most (Or maybe all) of his custom moves don't really mesh well with his playstyle as a Spacie, because they usually have one downside that ruins it (Like his Neutral B 1 being a projectile that's not really versatile except on the ledge, His Up-Bs having bad recovery, his Flip is fine, and counter is good too (But not enough)). Made even worse by the fact that (I think) all of his moves have poor range that doesn't compensate for the bad weight, and awful kill tools. This is unlike Young Link, who even though he has poor kill moves, and range, he covers it by having really good zoning, and mix-up tools with his Arrows (Which can kill), Bommerrang, Bomb, and still have disjoints for being a sword user, which is a pro in of itself (Which Brawler doesn't have any of those).

3.)He's a fast faller: This is really bad, since because he's a fast faller, he's basically kind of combo food, that is mixed with not only being light, but has no good way to get back into neutral without taking a risk of being juggled again due to his lack of range on his aerials. His throws don't even combo OR kill, making them only good for putting them off-stage. This all means that his main playstyle is racking up damage (With risk of being hit), and trying to gimp them as hard as they can with no good ledge tools to kill with (Except for Shot Put).

TL;DR: He's basically a discount Fox that is both combo-food and a poor ledger.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Whoa what.

Splatoon is...getting more weapons?:

Today is a good day.
I smell a Direct

D

Deleted member

Geez, Fire Emblem, how come Sakurai lets you have THREE victory themes?

Also, it's really weird how Chrom has the regular FE victory theme instead of the Awakening theme, which is waaay catchier. Maybe it has to do with him being a late addition so they just kinda forgot? I hope the change it bc I really like the Awakening theme

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think that Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow have plenty of potential. Goroh because we've seen him use that katana like a master sense Brawl, so there's that. Black Shadow can just get G.Dorf's old moveset so he can get a new one that's actually based on the things he's done in past Zelda titles.
I mean, true, but still it would mostly be Smash Original moves. Goroh's moves would probably just be slashes from his sword. (Unless he has some unqiue animations or whatnot I am yet to see)

I smell a Direct
The drought is making her delusional!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I don't see why we shouldn't though.

if a 2nd F-Zero character in a 80+ character roster bothers someone...

Goroh would also have more material to work with than Falcon.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In your opinion, which character in Ultimate is in a desperate need for buffs? Mine would be :ultbrawler:, my reasons for this choice is in the last post I putted in the same page.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In your opinion, which character in Ultimate is in a desperate need for buffs? Mine would be :ultbrawler:, my reasons for this choice is in the last post I putted in the same page.
K I R B Y K I R B Y H E ' S T H E S T A R O F T H E S H O W

also little macaroni and cheese pls

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't see why we shouldn't though.

if a 2nd F-Zero character in a 80+ character roster bothers someone...

Goroh would also have more material to work with than Falcon.
I didn't say it wouldn't bother me. I said " I wouldn't be against having another, though." Also, I don't think F-Zero really has any moves that could be translated into Smash...Does it?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultbowserjr:, :ultkirby: and :ultbrawler:.

I was thinking the same re: Black Shadow. Maybe he could have :ultfalcon:’s old fsmash too

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I didn't say it wouldn't bother me. I said " I wouldn't be against having another, though." Also, I don't think F-Zero really has any moves that could be translated into Smash...Does it?
Goroh has his samurai sword. I also think basing him off the Fire Stringray in stats would be very interesting. He would be perfect if he used his sword and represented F-Zero's core mechanics in a way.

F-Zero has limited material, but the GX cutscenes do show some abilities. Black Shadow for example can create a ring of blue goo that traps people. He also blows things up with bombs and a bit of an arsonist. Give him the big boi F-Zero Spin Move and he's the bulky madman perfectly.

D

Deleted member

I just had a crazy idea:
>In the middle of a Direct, a trailer starts.
>We see that it is Ultimate Alliance 3.
>A voice makes a summary of the things we know, before introducing each character revealed so far.
>Suddenly, the voice stops talking.
>We see the Fantasticar above the camera.
>From it, the Fantastic Four fall to the ground.
>They land close to the camera.
>The voice pops up again and says “And we’re not even over...”
>We see the camera zooming off the First Family, until we see a skyview of the place with a lot of Marvel Characters.
>A giant text pops up reading *"ALL THE HEROES AND VILLAINS ARE HERE!*”/*“NOBODY IS BEING MISSED!”*
>The summary of the character keeps going showing that every hero and villain from the past Ultimate Alliance titles, even the ones who were CPUs, is going to be playable.
>We get a new shot of the final scene from the Game Awards trailer, but now including all the characters.
>The logo appears
>The trailer closes with a message reading “Preorder the game to get Ultimate Alliance 1+2 for free”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom