• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I was thinking about Metroid today.

I'm still very sad about Metroid today.
I am the weird Metroid fan who got happy with the news instead.

Mostly because the rumours of Retro Studios being in bankrupcy scared the hell out of myself.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Let me just say that I have been a big King K. Rool for Smash supporter. I believe there's enough to make him into a playable character. I believe that he's well-received by fans who have played the Donkey Kong series - not necessarily hardcore fans only. He has the "ingredients" necessary to be a Smash character... except that the producers of new and current Donkey Kong games do not like him at all.

King K. Rool has been tossed away by Retro Studios as the main series villain. Why? I don't have the exact answer, but I could probably assume it's because they do not want to be thought of as a brainless company that's just doing the job Rare Ltd. can't legally do. They probably want to try and inject fresh characters into the series and establish a main villain of their own.

So until Rare Ltd. decides to return to Nintendo, you'll not only likely never see King K. Rool as the main villain in a Donkey Kong video game again, but you'll never see King K. Rool as a playable Smash character. Deal with it, like I have.
Although this post is in jest, I can see that being a reason for why Retro wanted new villains. Though K. Rool should have def returned in TF.

D

Deleted member

Although this post is in jest, I can see that being a reason for why Retro wanted new villains. Though K. Rool should have def returned in TF.
It is a copypasta of the Gamefaqs post shown in the “Long Live The King” video.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Y'all ever notice that if you touch your ring and middle finger to your thumb, and point your pinkie and index finger up, your hand looks like a llama head?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A rushed game is bad until you apply liberal amounts of patches to it.

Speaking of which... those open betas amirite?

D

Deleted member

Bait Incorrect statements? "How about this?":

Everyone is Here was a terrible idea because it makes future Smash games (be honest with yourselves, they're inevitable with the series' success) seem inferior no matter what because Everyone is Here will never be achieved again. It also considerably decreased the newcomer count and personally, I wish Ultimate had more of a "new" factor. Everyone is Here also bloats the roster with so many characters so that the quality and depth of each character is decreased because they have to all share development time, meaning more bugs and fewer details.
That's what people get for asking for more charac- *gets annihilated*

Unironically based. When it was first shown at E3, I couldn't help but think of it as the enhanced port people thought it'd be during the rumor mill of 2016/17, despite the obvious moveset, speed, model changes, yada yada yada. I was focusing on the visual side of things. I'd have thought they'd go with a radically different art style, but it's just Wii U with a different lighting system. Besides the meh (don't attack me) main theme and things like WoL, there isn't enough "newness" to the game. It's still fun though, yep. I can see it being its own game. But something really made me look forward to other titles more.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Arlo's new video: The Great Nintendo Direct Drought of '19

Lads...it's only been 27 days. Nintendo fans the only ones that want commercials on a regular basis.
This is nothing compared to the drought of '15 where we went from June through November without anything. Not to mention Nintendo's E3 that year was crap aside from the Smash stuff (which got leaked unfortunately). So we went from April-November without any good showings or things we already knew about.

Although to be fair this was during the time Nintendo was trying to get through the Wii U era as quick as possible so they could have the 2017 they would go on to have.

D

Deleted member

TBH I just want a Direct that shows off AC, LM3, or Joker in Smash. Any of those three things would do wonders for getting me over the Metroid blues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm still convinced Nintendo would do a better job at a version of the Zelda CD-i games than the original team. Might as well try it...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all ever notice that if you touch your ring and middle finger to your thumb, and point your pinkie and index finger up, your hand looks like a llama head?
isnt that literally the dog shadow puppet

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
When I was little, people always called it a dog head but now that I think about it and do it myself, a llama head ain’t too far off.

D

Deleted member

1548618814431.jpeg

I heard this thread mention demons.
We as Nintendo fans, really need to learn patience
"Oh no! Metroid Prime 4 had to restart development and is now being handed over to Retro again! That means it might be cancelled and will never come out! oH tHe HuMaNiTy!"-Some idiot, somewhere.

D

Deleted member

I'm still convinced Nintendo would do a better job at a version of the Zelda CD-i games than the original team. Might as well try it...
Yo, I'd be down for that if that means we get a Zelda game with Zelda as the main playable protagonist.

D

Deleted member

TBH I just want a Direct that shows off AC, LM3, or Joker in Smash. Any of those three things would do wonders for getting me over the Metroid blues.
And they could finally show off Bayonetta 3 after leaving it in the dark for one and a half years ago... hmm, probably not. I look forward to a "Development Update" video tomorrow morning in which it details it's also been reset like Prime 4. Lol.

D

Deleted member

TBH I just want a Direct that shows off AC, a new 2D Metroid game, LM3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or Joker in Smash. Any of those five things would do wonders for getting me over the Metroid blues.
I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Perfect. Make it a flagship title for Switch's successor and make it a launch title too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
A collection of versions of the Zelda CD-i games with actual good game design, professional animation and good voice acting would be an interesting experience...

"But then what is there to laugh at!?"

D

Deleted member

A collection of versions of the Zelda CD-i games with actual good game design, professional animation and good voice acting would be an interesting experience...

"But then what is there to laugh at!?"
The CDi YTPs will never age.

They will stay alive.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of retro...

I just do not get the appeal of Takamarku. I am not hating on him, just questioning him. I never played his games. Why does everyone like him?

D

Deleted member

Yo, I'd be super happy if we a got a new 2D Metroid by MercuryStreams for the Switch ya'll don't even know.

D

Deleted member

Also, just gonna put this out there for those who have brought up that the wait hasn't been that long: You're right. The last Direct was two months ago...

...But it was a Smash Direct. Not everyone is interested in Smash, or likes other games besides Smash and would like to hear about them. As far as General Directs go, it's been since September, which is a decent stretch of time. I don't think people reasonably asking for one (Key wording there: "Asking", not "demanding") are being "impatient" or "unreasonable". Smash got it's time in the limelight, I'd say it's about time to let some other games shine, especially key titles like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and LM3.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of retro...

I just do not get the appeal of Takamarku. I am not hating on him, just questioning him. I never played his games. Why does everyone like him?
>Samurai.
>NES Rep.
>Cool design.
>Sakurai also wanted him.
>Assist Trophy shows potential.

I could be wrong, doh.

D

Deleted member

Also, just gonna put this out there for those who have brought up that the wait hasn't been that long: You're right. The last Direct was two months ago...

...But it was a Smash Direct. Not everyone is interested in Smash, or likes other games besides Smash and would like to hear about them. As far as General Directs go, it's been since September, which is a decent stretch of time. I don't think people reasonably asking for one (Key wording there: "Asking", not "demanding") are being "impatient" or "unreasonable". Smash got it's time in the limelight, I'd say it's about time to let some other games shine, especially key titles like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and LM3.
What is LM3 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom