• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, appearently, Sakurai wrote the lyrics of Lifelight (SourceGaming has it on twitter)

Quick question: Is there a thing this guy can't do?!
He can’t give Bayo the nerf she deserves. :4pacman:
My ex still has my pink joycons, bought a japanese and north american green/pink joycon set to get left and right of both colors, i took the two green she took the two pink and she still has them. Get a prenup people (im just kidding, shes still cool in my book, but yes i did lose joycons to a relationship lol).
A sad day.

D

Deleted member

So, appearently, Sakurai wrote the lyrics of Lifelight (SourceGaming has it on twitter)

He can’t use characters born from an anime or manga since it goes against his vision of Super Smash Bros.

Besides that, nothing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You still fail to see a point. DKC is a way bigger franchise than everything you mentioned. Metroid included. You CAN NOT compare a appearance in a Mario spin off game to a few game appearances in the main franchise. Just wtf is your logic? While Metroid has had Samus Returns 3DS, FF, and now getting Prime 4, Donkey Kong only had Tropical Freeze. This **** just doesn’t add up.
Jesus, the way you're reacting is as if Donkey Kong has gone without any games for a long ass time. You're counting Federation Force so that means we must count spin-offs for Donkey Kong. The longest hiatus Metroid took was 8 years without a single game from 1993 to 2001, Donkey Kong 's longest hiatus was 1983 to 1988, the DK Classics on the NES, then we got DKC 6 years later. The longest break it had since then was 1999 to 2003's DK spinoffs. After 2003 the longest breaks DK took were no games in 2008 and no new games in between 2011's DKCR and 2013's Mini's on the Move. Most recent game being 2015's Tipping Stars if you don't want to count Tropical Freeze

D

Deleted member

Jesus, the way you're reacting is as if Donkey Kong has gone without any games for a long *** time. You're counting Federation Force so that means we must count spin-offs for Donkey Kong. The longest hiatus Metroid took was 8 years without a single game from 1993 to 2001, Donkey Kong 's longest hiatus was 1983 to 1988, the DK Classics on the NES, then we got DKC 6 years later. The longest break it had since then was 1999 to 2003's DK spinoffs. After 2003 the longest breaks DK took were no games in 2008 and no new games in between 2011's DKCR and 2013's Mini's on the Move. Most recent game being 2015's Tipping Stars if you don't want to count Tropical Freeze
You are right with that.
I guess that Retro Studios will make a new DKC title after finishing Prime 4.

yeah, Get a good english singer is one thing
???
He uses good english singers.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nobody in their right mind actually judges you as a person based on those features.

A smart person gets to know you as a person, not certain ultimately unimportant quirks.
Some people aren't that smart.

D

Deleted member

Someone who worked at Retro until I wanna say 2015 says that either Retro became large enough to handle 2 projects or something's happening with the last thing he worked on, which is rumoured to be a Star Fox racing game
That would be great news.

Their third DKC game could finally include K.Rool in some form.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You still fail to see a point. DKC is a way bigger franchise than everything you mentioned. Metroid included. You CAN NOT compare a appearance in a Mario spin off game to a few game appearances in the main franchise. Just wtf is your logic? While Metroid has had Samus Returns 3DS, FF, and now getting Prime 4, Donkey Kong only had Tropical Freeze. This **** just doesn’t add up.
Being a bigger franchise doesn’t always mean it needs a sequel. Tropical Freeze came out almost 5 years ago, with the Swirch port released almost a year ago. While that series can sell more with its more family friendly style alone, it isn’t gonna bring as much hype as Metroid would, like how a main title Zelda game will likely be more hype than a Super Mario game (only exceptions being Odyssey/BOTW which ended up being equally hype and Galaxy/TP where Galaxy was more exciting).
Jesus, the way you're reacting is as if Donkey Kong has gone without any games for a long *** time. You're counting Federation Force so that means we must count spin-offs for Donkey Kong. The longest hiatus Metroid took was 8 years without a single game from 1993 to 2001, Donkey Kong 's longest hiatus was 1983 to 1988, the DK Classics on the NES, then we got DKC 6 years later. The longest break it had since then was 1999 to 2003's DK spinoffs. After 2003 the longest breaks DK took were no games in 2008 and no new games in between 2011's DKCR and 2013's Mini's on the Move. Most recent game being 2015's Tipping Stars if you don't want to count Tropical Freeze
Yeah...a two year break between DKCR-MotM and an earlier break between DK64 and Donkey Konga...that’s definitely worse than Metroid having an 8 year hiatus
One thing you should do to justify the argument of DKC being bigger is mentioning the sales of the games in the franchise.
Because yes, DKC was and still is a big source of benefits from Nintendo, even close to Mario and Zelda.
Nintendo will keep making DKC games or even anything related to DK as long as it gives the benefits that it does to this day.

And of course, this means that the lack of any new stuff is weird with such a huge demand.
Overall Donkey Kong sales are definitely nowhere close to overall Mario sales...and Pokémon (close to Zelda though)
There's one thing he most certianly can't do.

Make bad games.
No...but Sakurai can make past work look bad due to massive improvements (Smash 4 to Ultimate for example)

D

Deleted member

pepersonally the singer for smashes theme wasnt that good but thats just my personal opinion but I understand why some people would like it
That is usually expected tbh.
The original versions tend to be better, unless you go as low as the Star Wars prequels (which i prefer without a doubt to check them dubbed).

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Apparently he can't do online.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Alright, I’m a straight, cis, agnostic, white woman. How am I?
Hmm... you're a woman, so that's a plus.

Agnostic too, but that's a neutral quality.

However! You're straight, white and cisgender, which means you have to go to jail anyway.

Sorry, Yoshisaurus, I don't make the rules. :4pacman:
(Disclaimer: This post is all made in jest)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm... you're a woman, so that's a plus.

Agnostic too, but that's a neutral quality.

However! You're straight, white and cisgender, which means you have to go to jail anyway.

Sorry, Yoshisaurus, I don't make the rules. :4pacman:
(Disclaimer: This post is all made in jest)
Oh, oh, do me!
I'm a bisexual anarchistic demon who regularly screeches at the moon while completely naked outside of the flames of hell

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If it comes from the sea then I probably don’t like it. Short answer being no.
I used to be like that as well. My tastebuds changed or my attitude changed after I worked up the courage to try sushi many years ago. After that, I realized I loved seafood. Unless it tasted real fishy....yak.

D

Deleted member

Seaweed you say?
Well, my parents like to eat it.
I personally don’t, and never did.

Edit: sorry, i missunderstood “seaweed” with “seafood”. We never eated that type of plant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh, oh, do me!
I'm a bisexual anarchistic demon who regularly screeches at the moon while completely naked outside of the flames of hell
Wait...

You're a demon, but i'm a Noipoi...

How can you be my mom if we're two different species?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, oh, do me!
You can run the government.

Surely nothing will go wrong putting an anarchist in charge! ...Right?
Wait...

You're a half-demon, Noipoi.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wait...

I mean your father was probably a Noipoi...

So that makes you a half demon, half Noipoi

You're basically the Noipoi equivalent of Dante

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom