• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've made these for spriting practice, what do you guys think? Should I try fixing something?
Ayyy Yume Nikki :bluejump: nice

ps. what's the second icon in your sig from? First one is KH, third one is most likely Geno from SMRPG, fourth is Chrono Trigger/Cross and the fifth is The World Ends With You.

D

Deleted member

I feel like we could get Undertale costumes in a possible Mario Maker port for Switch.

And i would love to see some from indie games like Yume Nikki, Shovel Knight or Undertale.

D

Deleted member

I've made these for spriting practice, what do you guys think? Should I try fixing something?
Those look fantastic! Might I ask what program you use? I myself use GIMP for spriting projects but would like to get something a little more designed for spriting work specifically.

KMDP

Smash Legend

ps. what's the second icon in your sig from? First one is KH, third one is most likely Geno from SMRPG, fourth is Chrono Trigger/Cross and the fifth is The World Ends With You.
It looks like a more elaborate version of the Loftwing symbol on the Hylian Shield.

Maybe it's meant to represent Impa?

To summarize I don't know.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
holy **** is that ness from super mario rpg the legend of the seven stars

for real tho these look clean
Congratulations.
Now i want to see Nintendo using these characters in a Super Mario Maker port on Switch.

You have a lot of talent, since most of it looks like official stuff.
Ey that's some good stuff.

I'm gonna need that's Sans and Papyrus.

Wow, thanks guys. I didn't expect people to like them like that. :)

I'm gonna need that's Sans and Papyrus.
Feel free to use them, just remember to credit me ok? :p

It looks like a more elaborate version of the Loftwing symbol on the Hylian Shield.

Maybe it's meant to represent Impa?

To summarize I don't know.
It's Erdrick's emblem from Dragon Quest. They're all from Square Enix.

Those look fantastic! Might I ask what program you use? I myself use GIMP for spriting projects but would like to get something a little more designed for spriting work specifically.
I made them in MS Paint. Then removed the background with GIMP.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's Erdrick's emblem from Dragon Quest. They're all from Square Enix.
Ah, thanks for clarification.
I made them in MS Paint. Them removed the background with GIMP.
Sounds like how I do my Sprites.

Not that I've done a sprite in years.
These were the last ones I did. They were Gym Leaders for a Pokémon fangame I was plotting out (that has never gotten off the ground).

D

Deleted member

damn is it just me or does wolf feel nasty in this game, he feels like a spacie versiom of marth

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Ah, thanks for clarification.

Sounds like how I do my Sprites.

Not that I've done a sprite in years.
These were the last ones I did. They were Gym Leaders for a Pokémon fangame I was plotting out (that has never gotten off the ground).
They look great! Now I'm interested that fangame. Maybe one day it will become a reality?

That Sans one looks just like this one

are you sure you had totally no references at all? :p
All I used for reference was the official sprites from each game. Where is this screenshot from though? Mugen?

D

Deleted member

So, the thread’s theme is now the demons inside of us? Let’s see some demon-related stuff or actions found on my four favourite franchises then:

>In Metroid we can see a good example of Samus’s demons on Metroid 2, where she basically does to the Metroids the same thing that Ridley did with her species on Zebes, with the difference being that Samus refused to attempt to kill the only surviving child. This game would affect the franchise as a whole in many regards, including Samus herself.

>In Crash Twinsanity we are introduced to Evil Crash, a being from another dimension who could be the Bandicoot after being completely consumed by the demons inside of him. He eats the Evil Twins in the end of the game, which opens a lot of perceptions for the players. There’s also the stuff that the actual hero does to Cortex during the game, which shows some kind of unbalance between the good and bad behaviours of society.

>Godzilla itself is an allegory to a huge problem born from the madness of mankind during World War II (the nuclear bomb). The first movie in the franchise shows Godzilla as an atrocity born from the evil side of humanity, and does a perfect job with that imo. In later movies we would also see stuff like Destoroyah.

>In the Fantastic Four comics, we can see that Victor von Doom acts the way he does in an attempt to finally succeed over Mefisto and rescue his mother from hell. In many of the comics we see how Doctor Doom does anything, as bad as it could be, to get more power and guarantee a better scenario for the moment he meets with Mefisto again. The Fantastic Four themselves also show the good and bad things that families tend to have, and how those problems are normally fixed on them. In general, the comics showcase the way that the demons of humanity make any kind of person behave in drastic ways to overcome a lot of stuff. The character of Silver Surfer was also created by Stan Lee to free some of his philosophical thoughts and worriers to the readers.

In conclussion: JDCabrera needs to stop overthinking stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was doing Donkey Kong and Lady's spirit battle.

DK just walked himself off-screen. I didn't even have to come after him...

I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN

ALIVE

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was doing Donkey Kong and Lady's spirit battle.

DK just walked himself off-screen. I didn't even have to come after him...

I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN

ALIVE
Something similar happened to me on that battle, too. Instead of walking off, he just jumped off of the ledge.

KMDP

Smash Legend
They look great! Now I'm interested that fangame. Maybe one day it will become a reality?
I do a lot of that.

I have tons of ideas for fangames (Sonic, Pokémon, Digimon, Fire Emblem etc etc) that never go anywhere because I lack the skill-set to see them come into fruition.

D

Deleted member

If Pauline got into Smash, i would love to see the Minis as part of the moveset.

D

Deleted member

Chrom fails at recovering because he‘s busy thinking about the time Robin killed Chrom with himself.
how can chrom protect chrom if chrom can't protect chrom

seriously ive been playing characters with meh to bad recoveries for so long that i was using pichu for a bit and i was blown away

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
how can chrom protect chrom if chrom can't protect chrom

seriously ive been playing characters with meh to bad recoveries for so long that i was using pichu for a bit and i was blown away
Trust nobody, not even yourself :troll:

D

Deleted member

>Users: 45
>Guests: 31

Holy cowabunga Batman, I haven't seen those numbers in forever besides a couple competitive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom