• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Thanks. :)

I'm not the most active artist, lol. I can be a huge procrastinator, so it's a rare sight to see me actually post more than one or two things per month, lol. I wanna start dedicating more time to it, though, because I legitimately love drawing and digital art.

I kind of want to draw Dark Samus in my Kirby style next but I have no idea how I'd do it, lol. How the heck do you make Dark Samus look chibi and cute, I wonder? It's gonna be interesting when/if I attempt it.
Imagine how you'd take my boi and make him UN-cute...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Real talk never played resident evil, I just assumed it was like zombie movies so I gave it a hard pass.

...though I liked warm bodies as a parody of twilight.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
*goes in to arrest Toaster-san.*

*sees this post*

*is stunned for five minutes while trying to process the punnery of this sentence.*

*meanwhile, Mr. Toaster makes a break for it while I’m oblivious*

*its actually an elebatorate pre-prison break out by Penguin-San to rescue Toaster-san*

*Demoted*

*begins drinking*

*dies alone in some marsh in alabama*

*gets eaten by gators*

*the end*
And it all ended happily ever after.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could help you.

Maybe.

I'm kinda crap but i'll try!
Nah man, your art is super cool. It's some of the best and most unique I've seen in awhile.

Maybe I'll DM some rough sketches when I got 'em. I'm probably gonna need all the help I can get, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
DLC Fighter 3:
EGGMAN
GETS A LOAD OF THIS BATTLE

Actually, yes please.

Also, again, I just fail to see how we can have Resident Evil representation without JIll, Leon, or Chris. While I'm not sure if their the main characters in all of the games, they are by far the most notable characters in the franchise, and it would be a crime to not include any of them if there was REpresentation.

I'm not funny.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
*goes in to arrest Toaster-san.*

*sees this post*

*is stunned for five minutes while trying to process the punnery of this sentence.*

*meanwhile, Mr. Toaster makes a break for it while I’m oblivious*

*its actually an elebatorate pre-prison break out by Penguin-San to rescue Toaster-san*

*Demoted*

*begins drinking*

*dies alone in some marsh in alabama*

*gets eaten by gators*

*the end*
*hugs Venus somewhere before the drinking part*

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's so much Shodown as it is SNK as a whole. SNK fighting games are pretty big, so it makes sense in my head.

I wouldn't be so sure. Taking a look at the page with a rough Google Translate the leaker does talk about unlikely characters. Of course, I don't know who's who, but the names Rex, Bandana Dee, and Spring Man were dropped. Someone (I think the leaker?) went in-depth on Rex and the development of his Mii Costume or something along those lines.

If anyone can translate Japanese and wants to take a crack at it here's the original thread:
http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1552719097/
C'mon my guy, first looking at my spirit team and now this.

This truly is saddest hours.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
As long as we don't talk about sandwich jokes I'm good.
DEAL.

No one is stopping you, silly! What do you like about Resident Evil so much?
How much time ya got? I could write essays. I think I actually have in this very thread.

Are they hot
Yes. And despite every character canonically now being in their forties they all still look like early 30s movie stars.

This man is supposed to be 50 years old.

Well I have little to no experience w/ Resident Evil, in any form of media...

But I guess I’d be OK w/ someone like Leon or Jill.

Wesker and Nemesis would also be pretty interesting, but less likely choices IMO.
That's the spirit!

In my mind, if a RE character did get into Smash, the only choices Nintendo/Capcom would decide on would be one of the main three: Jill/Chris/Leon. They have all the marketing, they have all the notoriety. I seriously doubt they would go for a villain like Wesker, Mr. X or Nemesis as the sole RE rep; it'd have to be a hero.

I don't believe random text leaks but **** it this is fun. RE CHARACTER HYPE.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also, in regard to the section translated, my rough translation gets this:
Original Japanese said:
大前提:任天堂はSPについてゲーム業界のお祭りと述べている

①ジョーカー
②ドラクエ3勇者(brave)
③リュウ・ハヤブサ(コエテク)
④スティーブ(MS)
⑤テイルズ主人公(バンナムのごり押し)orナコルル(他社を代表できる女性キャラクターでスマブラのシステムと噛み合ったキャラ)orポケモン第8世代

選外の理由
・ソラ→ドラクエ勇者と食い合ったため、ディズニー要素が出せない

・レックス→スピリット化が絶望的、パックンフラワーの例から見てもかなり怪しい

・ベレト(風花雪月の主人公)→桜井がFE多過ぎと認めている上で正統派剣士は流石になさそう

・三島平八→パックマンのアピールですでに登場、for時に桜井がファイター化断念と言及

・ハンター→灯火の星でモンハン再現ステージがあるので出す気があるなら既に製品版で出してる

・ダンテやレオン→立ち回りに銃が不可欠、現地調達で武器を揃えるスネークとは訳が違う

・2B→Pの斎藤が否定
Rough Translation said:
Great premise: Nintendo has described the festival of the game industry about SP

1 Joker
2 Dorakue 3 brave (brave)
3 Liu Hayabusa (Koetek)
4 Steve (MS)
5 Tales protagonist ( Vannum cursing ) or Nakoruru (representative of other companies A female character who can do it and a character engaged with the system of Sumabra) or Pokémon 8th generation

reason
for choice ・ Sola → Dorkue brave and I can't get disney elements out of it

・ Rex → Spiritualization is hopeless, from the example of Pacton Flower It looks quite suspicious

-Bereto (protagonist of Fuka Yukizuki) → The orthodox swordsman seems not to be a swashish on Sakurai admitting too much FE

・ Mishima Hirahachi → appeared already with the appeal of Pacman, for Sakurai becoming a fighter abandoned as a reference

Hunter → in lights the stars are out in the already full version If you are willing to put out because there is a Monster Hunter reproduction stage

da Essential gun in hand and Leon → fighting, translation is different from the snake to align the weapon in the local procurement

Saito is negative · 2B → P
Essentially:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • What I understand to be Ryu Hayabusa
  • Steve
  • Either: Tales of (Velvet), Nakoruru, or Gen 8 Pokémon
Does someone like A Ayumi Tachibana wanna come in here and elaborate?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
DEAL.

How much time ya got? I could write essays. I think I actually have in this very thread.

Yes. And despite every character canonically now being in their forties they all still look like early 30s movie stars.

That's the spirit!

In my mind, if a RE character did get into Smash, the only choices Nintendo/Capcom would decide on would be one of the main three: Jill/Chris/Leon. They have all the marketing, they have all the notoriety. I seriously doubt they would go for a villain like Wesker, Mr. X or Nemesis as the sole RE rep; it'd have to be a hero.

i can sense that sweet surge of hype adrenaline from the sheer volume of post here alone

Iridium

Smash Hero
DEAL.

That's the spirit!

I will make sure to play at least one RE game when the time comes, honestly. Especially since I have known it for so long to not do so.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
*hugs Venus somewhere before the drinking part*
The drinking began less than one nanosecond of being demoted. So unless you can hug that quick in such a short time frame; I’m led to believe this was just a fabrication on your part to make me feel better about being consumed by a gator.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know, didn't the original post in that 5chan leak thread have different characters?

I'd be pretty disappointed if the "leak" was true tbh except for the hype I'd get from Steve.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Essentially:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Steve
then how is this any different then what we currently know? Joker is confirmed, Erdrick is the closest thing to a guarantee and we can take an educated guess and say that Steve is in.

Except if this is true at least I know to not get my hopes up for the DLC!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Essentially:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Steve
Not gonna lie, this feels way too close to the Steve Erdrick Doom Guy and Ryu H leak.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The poster says something along the lines of spirits deconfirm.
So we know this leaker is fake b/c we’re obviously getting spirit characters as DLC... right?

On a serious note, I kinda wished we knew if spirits really do deconfirm. My top 2 are both highly speculated characters that are already spirits, so I’d like to know the reality of this situation instead of holding on to false hope.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Essentially:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Steve
Not gonna lie, wouldn't mind this list.

Don't know much about Joker (that'll change soon), Erdrick or Hayabusa, but Steve and a Pokemon are cool.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
DEAL.

That's the spirit!

You sound so excited...

I love it!

KMDP

Smash Legend

In Animeland, people remain pretty much unchanged from the age of 25 until they turn 80 and suddenly lose 3 feet of height.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I will make sure to play at least one RE game when the time comes, honestly. Especially since I have known it for so long to not do so.
Honestly if you're only playing one, I wholeheartedly recommend the new remake of RE2 that came out in January.

The remake of the original on Gamecube will forever be the best original Resident Evil experience with cinematic camera angles and tank controls, but those can be harder for new modern fans to get into. RE2make takes everything about oldschool RE that makes it great-- inventory management, ammo scarcity, Metroid-style exploration and backtracking, the cheese of B-movie horror combined with genuine scares from gameplay-- and attaches it to modernized shooting mechanics. It's a ****ing great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom