• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I took that Sega Survey from 10 or so pages back. I want more Shining Force/Soul/etc. and I would love an updated version of Sonic 06. It'd have helped if the rest of the Shining games got translated...

D

Deleted member

Good matches. But when you accidentally SD and your opponent SDs for you to make it even, then you both taunt since it's friendly, don't start a 35% combo in the middle of your opponent's taunt. That's just a **** move.
I actually didnt notice until it was too late, if I had I wouldnt have lol. my bad

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I took that Sega Survey from 10 or so pages back. I want more Shining Force/Soul/etc. and I would love an updated version of Sonic 06. It'd have helped if the rest of the Shining games got translated...
There was a Sega survey?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Nah, that's basic human decency. Not sure I've ever met anyone who went full harem their first time around unless they were doing it intentionally for ****s and giggles.

Personally, I feel pretty weird because I always go celibate for these games.
Playing Persona 3 FES right now and I'm trying to rank up the S. Links for girls, but I'm having to dodge around jealousy mechanics and whatnot. All I want is some extra fusion exp, is that too much to ask for? Really wish you can just choose one girl to be "the one" and have the others have alternate routes that are just friendly relationships, harems don't feel good.

D

Deleted member

I remember detesting online as Ike. All it would take is a full second delay and welp, there I go plummeting to the abyss because my nair is the slowest god damn move that makes Ike weigh down like an Acme anvil. It was agony. Now that returns with virtually every character with a vengeance.
Isn't that funny?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Makoto is alright. I like her as a character.

But for me? I went with Ann as my romance. Not only do I like her character development, but that... goddamn giggle. She's cute.

It's weird saying that as a teacher. But frankly the context of the game being played by adults who would likely look back at their own high school years makes it feel not that weird. Even funnier is the fact that I have had absolutely no intention of romancing any of the adults. Y I K E S.

To me, Futaba is just like, too much of a younger sister type vibe? Haven't had enough time to hang out with Haru but...eh. Still Ann for me. Also, I must say that the engagement with this game is so high for me that I don't think I'd be able to call myself a good person if I went with the "harem" romance result. I would feel like such a crappy person in the real world that I just don't think I could do it.

Maybe I'm weird. Or maybe that's just what happens when you play your first Persona game?
The thing about the games is that, in the romantic aspect, you are role-playing as a high-school student and therefore that character would (probably) date another highschool student, it's not weird to date the teenage girls or even not be interested in dating the Adult characters under that light.

It kind of speaks to the quality of the writing that one can get invested enough to briefly forget that they are not, in fact, a High School student and are actually an adult in the real world. :laugh:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean specifically the game with not-Dante.

Is there difficulties that have Dante and the enemies die in one hit as well as having the enemies at full health and Dante dies in one hit?
Yeah, that's been in since like, DMC3.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There was a Sega survey?
There was also an ATLUS one a few weeks back.

The Atlus one also discounted the option for more Devil Summoner...
Playing Persona 3 FES right now and I'm trying to rank up the S. Links for girls, but I'm having to dodge around jealousy mechanics and whatnot. All I want is some extra fusion exp, is that too much to ask for? Really wish you can just choose one girl to be "the one" and have the others have alternate routes that are just friendly relationships, harems don't feel good.
Yeah, that one's unfortunate. The way they had made S.Links, they hadn't accounted for platonic relationships yet so it's romance each girl one at a time. Despite being forced into a harem essentially, it doesn't actually really matter as girls stop caring once you max their links and there's no long term repurcussions or anything.

Hopefully they remake it someday. Preferably with more non-romantic options like Elizabeth's.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'all ever just airdodge offstage because the game buffered that one time you tried to roll in Brawl in 2008
Pfft, that would assume that I ever pressed the shield button back when I played Brawl. My heart only belonged to one button back then.
:GCB:
Okay it was on a Wii Remote not a Gamecube Controller but still.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Nah, that's basic human decency. Not sure I've ever met anyone who went full harem their first time around unless they were doing it intentionally for ****s and giggles.

Personally, I feel pretty weird because I always go celibate for these games.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the games actually punish you for attempting a harem? That might not have been a thing in the first two Persona entries, but what do I know?

Good matches. But when you accidentally SD and your opponent SDs for you to make it even, then you both taunt since it's friendly, don't start a 35% combo in the middle of your opponent's taunt. That's just a **** move.
Semi-related, but I had moments where I'd notice an opponent being unable to fight back for whatever reason when it's too late. I tend to risk letting them getting a hit on me to even it out a little, since a free stock is no fun at all.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sega Survey?
Oh, cool. Thanks.

"What is the highest educational degree level you have obtained?"

God damn it, I hate this question (because I'm British and we don't use the same system in the earlier Key Stages).

I wonder if there's an UK/EU equivalent? Because it asks for a State.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the games actually punish you for attempting a harem? That might not have been a thing in the first two Persona entries, but what do I know?
Well, Persona 3 did punish you for cheating with the girls finding out and their links being reversed or something.

However, beyond that in future games with social links, in terms of mechanical differences, you won't get any penalties.
You'll just have a valentine's day scene where they all find out and then guilt trip you. If that counts as "punishment."

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sega Survey?

Oh, cool. Thanks.

God damn it, I hate this question (because I'm British and we don't use the same system in the earlier Key Stages).

The survey is actually for US users, so that's why it's asked that way.

D

Deleted member

Semi-related, but I had moments where I'd notice an opponent being unable to fight back for whatever reason when it's too late. I tend to risk letting them getting a hit on me to even it out a little, since a free stock is no fun at all.
Persona 1 and 2IS/EP don't even have social links, they're much more akin to standard SMT games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The survey is actually for US users, so that's why it's asked that way.
Sega Survey?

Oh, cool. Thanks.

It's a well known fact that Atlus don't care about the EU.

They released SMT4 in the US one month after the Japanese release.
For the EU, they had to wait a year and a half.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
sonicfan.jpg

Wow, Sega. You're asking the hard questions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's a well known fact that Atlus don't care about the EU.

They released SMT4 in the US one month after the Japanese release.
For the EU, they had to wait a year and a half.
Regardless of that, the Survey is specifically directed towards US users.

Just was pointing out that factor. Not saying it's justified or that it shouldn't be more open.

D

Deleted member

Do you ever just realize that you're garbage at everything? Yeah man that feeling is amazing easily in my top 10 favorite moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Its annoying theres no option for Canada in the poll. Wanted to vote for Skies of Arcadia HD.

D

Deleted member

Do you ever just realize that you're garbage at everything? Yeah man that feeling is amazing easily in my top 10 favorite moments.
Dedication is the answer to improvement mate, Im sure you're a natural at some things as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's actually a legitimate question for people whose first game was Sonic Forces.
It's a legitimate question regardless. Like, this is a very weighted question with years of history and tons of different answers.

Boiling it down to a "yes" or "no" is essentially just judging brand loyalty.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm gonna write a fanfic called Avengers: infinity Store.
Thanos wants to wipe half of the department stores off from the face of the earth, due to finding them basically moot, due to online stores like Amazon

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
pso2.jpg

I believe I have answered this question correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom