• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I only did the SEGA survey because they need to know I need more Valkyria Chronicles
I also said I'm a fan of Sonic so they pay more attention to it

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I only did the SEGA survey because they need to know I need more Valkyria Chronicles
One of my favorite games :)
I havent played the other ones but i definitely want to play 4 at some point. theres just so much i like about it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Yes, SEGA. I pre-order all my games, I buy all the collector's editions, and I buy tons of merch. I am also a full-time worker, with lots of expendable cash."
loki wink.gif

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I got no clue if there is. Sorry. :c
I just looked around, looks like it's US only.

Well, guess I'll just tell them I come from New Jersey, because that's half right I guess.
Do you ever just realize that you're garbage at everything?
I've been waiting all day for a chance to post this.

CarlSagan42 says something that people need to know.
It's time tagged to take people right to it.

Also, a couple of no-no words.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about the 30 ID Slots and the 15 ID slots what and I've come up with a theory one that's not necessarily true or one that has many points in it's favor but what if the 30 ID Slots are the DLC Characters + Alts while the 15 ID Slots are just the Character ID's?

Dedication is the answer to improvement mate, Im sure you're a natural at some things as well.
Maybe you're right and I'm exaggerating but I dedicate a ton of time to things and I'm still not very good at them for example; I have 325+ hours in Smash Ultimate and I'm still pretty bad at it or Art, I dedicate time to that and I'm still mediocre at best.

But yeah you're right I just need to be more dedicated and I'm probably exaggerating due to me not being in the best state of mind recently.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
How come video game commercials are getting less creative?

I mean, just look at this ad:

It is more creative than 90% of advertisements I see these days.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is joke, with the whole "classic vs modern" sonic thing.

Gotta say, not a fan of the boost formula.
Same. I'd rather just have the old Sonic Adventure formula back. Same with the "don't wait to lock-on" homing attack. I also like most of the Adventure playstyles. Big's is the only one that needs serious tweaking. Gamma/Walkers just need a bit of tweaking to keep the rings = health but remove the time limit. They both were pretty good. Big's let you die too easily over nothing. Amy's worked fine, even in 06. The Hunter stuff worked really well, far better in Adventure 2(bar the bad radar). Sonic's playstyle vastly improved in Adventure 2 and unlike the others, doesn't need any tweaks or combinations of elements from both games to perfect them. I mean, rail grinding was pretty trashy till 06 where it worked really well, but still. I mean the general gameplay besides that. He charged up for Ancient Light in a reasonable way, you didn't need to charge for Ring Dash, the Bounce Attack worked well, Homing Attack was more than serviceable enough...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What would it take for 3D Sonic to be good again? Wasn't Generations great?
Honestly, I don't know.

Truth is, I'm no game designer. All I do know is that running in a straight line with 3 lanes isn't especially fun for me, and having an auto lock-on on top of that isn't much better.

D

Deleted member

I was about to say something, but then I realized there are a lot of Sonic fans that are active in this thread. No need to upset the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
How come video game commercials are getting less creative?

I mean, just look at this ad:

It is more creative than 90% of advertisements I see these days.
Because creative stuff like that takes effort.
--------------
SEGA Survey
Which games do you want to see more new content for? Please check all that apply.
Ah, ****...

SEGA franchises I want to see more of besides Sonic and Puyo Puyo.

...NiGHTs.

Man, I'm really not that big of a SEGA fan compared to their actual library. :laugh:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So there were only two spots on the entire survey where I could write in NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon and have it be a legitimate answer to the question.

So naturally I wrote them both in to answer every question instead to get my point across.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
My first Sonic game was Sonic Adventure DX on the GameCube, which really got me into Sonic at that age. Then my brother got Sonic Heroes as a gift, but I never liked that one too much and didn't play much of it. I got Shadow the Hedgehog right after it came out when I was 11, and I both ironically and unironically love it.

After that, never played too much Sonic. Almost bought Sonic 06 off of eBay in 2008 or 2009 because I heard its amazing music in Brawl and wanted to see where it came from. However, I didn't have the money to buy it right away, and the interest faded.

Thank God.

Was still hoping that Sonic Forces would be a return to form, instead of a mismanaged and poorly written piece of garbage.

Considering buying the new comics, though, since it's a new continuity with the only really talented writer the Sonic series has ever had, along with incredible artists.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Well, Persona 3 did punish you for cheating with the girls finding out and their links being reversed or something.

However, beyond that in future games with social links, in terms of mechanical differences, you won't get any penalties.
You'll just have a valentine's day scene where they all find out and then guilt trip you. If that counts as "punishment."
Wait a sec, so you don't get beaten senselessly when your dates all find out you were dating them at the same time!? The internet lied to me!
Tohno's perfect date plan.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Real talk, as much as I hate some Sonic games...

Those soundtracks are absolute bangers.

Wait a sec, so you don't get beaten senselessly when your dates all find out you were dating them at the same time!? The internet lied to me!
View attachment 199295
>Me when acting like a Persona protagonist doesn't get me 9 chicks of varying levels of anime tropiness.
internet.jpg

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

A Sonic game having a good soundtrack is always guaranteed.

Unless it's Secret Rings or the Boom Games.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Probably the most factual post in the last 100 pages this one.

Sonic has been bad for two decades but the music keeps delivering. If only the game designers were as good as the composers.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Was anybody else's first sonic game Sonic Mega Collection? Then I grew up playing Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Rush.

I've never really played Sonic games. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

My favorite Sonic game is by far Mania.
I never played Generations or Sonic 2 though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I found an alternate Brawl multiverse...

The first 5 characters announced are unchanged
Ike is instead an assist trophy. The Black Knight is playable instead.
Although the trainer is playable he has Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken instead
Diddy Kong is unchanged
Lucas is instead Kumatora
Sonic, Dedede, and Olimar are unchanged
Lucario doesn’t happen. Instead, Charisse’s flies in solo
R.O.B. still happens
Toon Link happens but his moveset is slightly different... he uses a Deku Leaf for recovery
Wolf is unchanged

I wonder if there’s an alt universe regarding Dragon King...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong is unchanged
R.O.B. still happens
Toon Link happens but his moveset is slightly different... he uses a Deku Leaf for recovery
Wolf is unchanged

In an Alternate Universe we would've gotten Geno as Sakurai actually went up to Square and planned Geno for Brawl that's for sure one thing that would've happened in an Alt Universe.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Diddy Kong is unchanged
R.O.B. still happens
Wolf is unchanged

If I were in that timeline, I'd probably main Kumatora honestly.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

KMDP

Smash Legend
What would it take for 3D Sonic to be good again? Wasn't Generations great?
It's really difficult to say.

Because the fanbase is hella fractured and everyone you ask will give you a different answer.

My take is this.

Generations was great, but there are some inherent flaws to it. The massive speed of the games leads to a very specific type of level (essentially "long corridors") and the game is very "on rails" (some sections of the game's levels are needlessly restrictive with what you can do in them).

The Boost Style of games as they are are inherently wasteful and require a ton of man hours to create great looking, well-designed levels that the player will inevitably blitz past at Mach Speeds. The levels need to be huge to accommodate Sonic's incredible speed (most the Forces levels are depressingly short).

It would probably be a good idea if they slowed Sonic down and returned to something like the Adventure games, maybe try their original Adventure concept of the momentum based gameplay in 3D like they had in Beta Windy Valley.
--------------------
More SEGA Survey

Which [Sonic] game did you play first?
Man, they are really confident that every SEGA fan has played a Sonic game. XD

What do you want to see from Sonic the Hedgehog in the future? Please check all that apply.
My answers

Remake/Remaster
PS4 Port (of what, IDFK)
Switch Port (again, ???)
Sequel/Next Installment
Other: "More playable characters besides just Sonic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom