• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have y'all bought the Fighter's Pass yet? I had a Nintendo gift card sitting around, so I decided to make the $25 dollar purchase for a Rex Mii Costume (and hopefully some fun characters in the future). I was just wondering how many people were either enticed by Rex or had enough confidence in Sakurai to buy the pass when it's just Joker right now (not even any gameplay).
I live and breath Smash Brothers so you can bet I bought that pass the moment I could. I know I'm going to end up buying all the characters anyway regardless of who they are so I may as well do it all at once ahead of time.

Despite never having played Persona before I'm kind of excited to see Joker in. I don't know much about Joker but I kind of get the impression he's going to be a thief/assassin archetype because of his dagger and movement stats, which sounds like the recipe for a potentially fun character to me.

I'm also kind of deeply intrigued by the rumors of "Jane".

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Alright, if you've noticed me playing weirdly in the arena, it's because something came up and I was multi-tasking a bit handling it.

Should be fine now though. Back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

I have zero confidence in either Sakurai or Nintendo to pick who I want.
However, I want to know the matchup of each character and to always have access to that character in case I ever want to try them out even if I have an intense disliking of them.
The only legitimate reason to not buy the Pass (aside from being certain it won't have anyone you're partial to) is if you're one of the people in the community who has no friends offline. Or to better phrase the situation, no one in your circle of acquaintances who like Smash or play it at all, making you "alone" in that regard.

Otherwise, if you have friends that play the game a ton and even go to your house for it, it's nice to provide them with options. One of them is bound to like at least one character from the DLC line up, after all!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I just looked around, looks like it's US only.

Well, guess I'll just tell them I come from New Jersey, because that's half right I guess.

I've been waiting all day for a chance to post this.

CarlSagan42 says something that people need to know.
It's time tagged to take people right to it.

Also, a couple of no-no words.
Does that guy have a Yoshi OC or something? :yoshi:

Roberk

Smash Champion
I know that the DLC picks will be things that we "aren't expecting" but please Reggie Bowser, more Joker, less Piranha Plant. Plant was great for a free early purchase bonus and a one-off joke character, but I don't want 4 characters worth of that. I'll buy them anyway (already have) because I want a complete roster and as a host for couch play I need to provide for everybody, just make the characters cool. For the most part, as long as they aren't insufferable, I'm good.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know that the DLC picks will be things that we "aren't expecting" but please Reggie Bowser, more Joker, less Piranha Plant. Plant was great for a free early purchase bonus and a one-off joke character, but I don't want 4 characters worth of that. I'll buy them anyway (already have) because I want a complete roster and as a host for couch play I need to provide for everybody, just make the characters cool. As long as they aren't insufferable, I'm good.
no **** joker

we need more Bonk

D

Deleted member

Have y'all bought the Fighter's Pass yet? I had a Nintendo gift card sitting around, so I decided to make the $25 dollar purchase for a Rex Mii Costume (and hopefully some fun characters in the future). I was just wondering how many people were either enticed by Rex or had enough confidence in Sakurai to buy the pass when it's just Joker right now (not even any gameplay).
I tell myself I won't buy it unless it has a minimum of two characters I want or just Geno but let's be real I'm trying to stay up to date so I'll buy them anyways.

Yes, Even Erdrick and Steve.

But no I haven't

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I know that the DLC picks will be things that we "aren't expecting" but please Reggie Bowser, more Joker, less Piranha Plant. Plant was great for a free early purchase bonus and a one-off joke character, but I don't want 4 characters worth of that. I'll buy them anyway (already have) because I want a complete roster and as a host for couch play I need to provide for everybody, just make the characters cool. As long as they aren't insufferable, I'm good.
I'm all for a healthy balance for the five characters, so long as their respective crowds share a common interest. It'd be lamesauce if every character catered to one single demographic, which is why I'm of the opinion of at least three Fighter's Passes for this game. Those who have seen me comment here since the Kencineroar speculation days pretty much know who my numero uno is. Seeing as how Dante is second-running for Most-Wanted, I'm rooting for him appearing in a second wave.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's Joker's female alt that'll be in Persona 5: Nintendo Switch Edition: New Funky Mode!
It'd be kind of crazy if they reveal female joker before the Switch port, wouldn't it? That's part of what's so exciting about it to me. I could totally see them showing off female Joker in Smash then revealing a port immediately or shortly after. It'd be even crazier of it wasn't leaked in the datamines, but still.

D

Deleted member

For me, I wanted Nintendo and Sakurai to prove that a Season Pass for Smash Ultimate would be worth the $24.99. Yes, 5 packs containing a character, stages and a collection of music is nice, but we've been down this road before with Smash For. The packs for Ryu and Bayonetta were nice, Cloud was great... Though again, two songs.

So for Ultimate, I came in hoping Nintendo knows what they're doing and... Well, ****. Joker and Persona 5? Which, as of now, still not on a Nintendo console? Ya got me. Not to mention, I don't think it's a bad deal, in the long run after making the purchase. It'll feel like brand new big updates.

I think the question everyone should be thinking about is if Nintendo and Sakurai will do content outisde the Fighter Pass. We've had new stages come out still alongside the DLC run back in Smash For, I wouldn't be surprised that they'd have some more stages down the road.

D

Deleted member

My only hopes for DLC now is 1) More waves than just the first and 2) Geno appearing in one of those waves.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It'd be kind of crazy if they reveal female joker before the Switch port, wouldn't it? That's part of what's so exciting about it to me. I could totally see them showing off female Joker in Smash then revealing a port immediately or shortly after. It'd be even crazier of it wasn't leaked in the datamines, but still.
Atlus is supposed to reveal new projects this month, I think. Maybe a Switch port???

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Real talk, let's get a Valve/PC rep.
A Valve rep would actually be awesome. Since SneakyLink SneakyLink posted a list of 14 Most-Wanted characters, I may as well join in on that front and toss in a Valve rep for fun. I'll even include characters whose chances of being playable in the current Fighter's Pass are dead outside of Assist Trophy status:
1. KOS-MOS
2. Dante
3. Demi-Fiend
4. Artoria Pendragon
5. Hakurei Reimu
6. 2B
7. Frisk/Chara
8. Rex & Pyra
9. Malos
10. Mega Man X
11. Monster Hunter
12. Morrigan Aensland
13. Chun-Li
14. Heavy Weapons Guy

There's a bunch of Capcom characters here, but that's because this is the general acceptable range for me. Any one of them with playability would be fantastic, even taking into consideration how many we already have.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Atlus is supposed to reveal new projects this month, I think. Maybe a Switch port???
Breaking News: Persona 5 R is not an enhanced edition of Persona 5 a la P3 FES and P4 Golden, it's actually a spin-off Racing game. Oh yeah, still not coming to the Switch, thanks for the publicity, Sakurai!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Confidence in their product.

Sonic Team can't seem to make a Sonic game without a gimmick. Even when they make solid Sonic gameplay, they're afraid it won't sell unless they add something dramatically new or allow for options in playstyles.

Just make a Sonic game. Stop adding **** like werehogs and customizable characters and ****ing Super Mario Galaxy worlds.
Ironically, the customizable character was the best part of Forces, both gameplay and customization-wise. Really, if they put as much effort into the rest of the game as they did into the customizable character it would've been a very solid game.

D

Deleted member

It's kinda sad that Sakurai has everything lined up for Geno yet it's going to waste. They already have the OK from Square to use SMRPG stuff, The Composer of SMRPG is on board, Sakurai wants Geno, There are SMRPG references sprinkled into Ultimate, Square is already on board with Smash yet Geno's not in.

He's right there guys! He's right there use him! Sadly Square has to have the final say in if we get Geno or not, if this was any other company or Nintendo themselves I'm sure Geno would be in already. I understand why they don't put him in but I also really dislike Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom