• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
staindgrey staindgrey

NiGHTS 3 is practically in the bag at this point.

As for Sonic’s Mediocre blue butt...

“Momentum based physics and rolling mechanics.” I’m so tired of Boost style gameplay, especially after Forces. So, so tired.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Welp, I went on a tear and won three straight matches and no one was there to see it.

Does a bear **** in the woods, amirite?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing about the games is that, in the romantic aspect, you are role-playing as a high-school student and therefore that character would (probably) date another highschool student, it's not weird to date the teenage girls or even not be interested in dating the Adult characters under that light.

It kind of speaks to the quality of the writing that one can get invested enough to briefly forget that they are not, in fact, a High School student and are actually an adult in the real world. :laugh:
I’ll respond to more tomorrow, but this comment made me want to mention the way I’ve been playing.

As a teacher, just like the students, I get weekends off. Each Friday since I started playing i’ve been like, “ITS FRIDAY NIGHT. TIME TO BE PHANTOM THIEVES!”

For real though, it takes me back to being a teen. Like, I wish I could have done this sort of thing in my high school years. It’s a great story, and it truly is one of the most engaging games i’ve probably ever played.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ultimate Alternate Universe:

Everybody stays except for each main Nintendo game has a minimum of 4 reps so you can have 4 players using different characters of the same series. Mario = check. DK = One new rep = Dixie Kong. Yoshi doesn't count because the series isn't a "main series" and rather they are a supporting character of Mario with a spin-off series. Kirby = One new rep = Bandana Dee. Legend of Zelda = check. Fire Emblem = check. Star Fox = One new rep = Krystal Slippy Toad. Pokemon = check. The rest of the series aren't as large. Basically I'm saying we need one additional DK/Kirby/Star Fox rep for the 6th installment.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What would it take for 3D Sonic to be good again? Wasn't Generations great?
Confidence in their product.

Sonic Team can't seem to make a Sonic game without a gimmick. Even when they make solid Sonic gameplay, they're afraid it won't sell unless they add something dramatically new or allow for options in playstyles.

Just make a Sonic game. Stop adding **** like werehogs and customizable characters and ****ing Super Mario Galaxy worlds.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All this Sonic trash talk makes me hope none of ya'll favorite series have a rough patch of bad games cause ya'll better be ready to catch that karma.

I caught that **** when Resident Evil became trash.

Thank god for RE2 Remake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All this Sonic trash talk makes me hope none of ya'll favorite series have a rough patch of bad games cause ya'll better be ready to catch that karma.

what if Smash is my favorite franchise? My favorite franchises are Smash, Banjo-Kazooie and Mother. One is fantastically made and I have faith in Sakurai and the others are dead.

I mostly play one off games so I can't really have rough patches unless Sakurai screws up big time.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Jokes on you that already happened with Star Fox and Halo.

Ace Attorney? Would require something incredibly dense to ruin that.
F-Zero more like F-Deado...

So I'm not too concerned.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Have y'all bought the Fighter's Pass yet? I had a Nintendo gift card sitting around, so I decided to make the $25 dollar purchase for a Rex Mii Costume (and hopefully some fun characters in the future). I was just wondering how many people were either enticed by Rex or had enough confidence in Sakurai to buy the pass when it's just Joker right now (not even any gameplay).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Everybody stays except for each main Nintendo game has a minimum of 4 reps so you can have 4 players using different characters of the same series. Mario = check. DK = One new rep = Dixie Kong. Yoshi doesn't count because the series isn't a "main series" and rather they are a supporting character of Mario with a spin-off series. Kirby = One new rep = Bandana Dee. Legend of Zelda = check. Fire Emblem = check. Star Fox = One new rep = Krystal Slippy Toad. Pokemon = check. The rest of the series aren't as large. Basically I'm saying we need one additional DK/Kirby/Star Fox rep for the 6th installment.
One for each of those?

I'd go Dixie/Magolor/Slippy, personally.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, if you've noticed me playing weirdly in the arena, it's because something came up and I was multi-tasking a bit handling it.

Should be fine now though. Back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

Have y'all bought the Fighter's Pass yet? I had a Nintendo gift card sitting around, so I decided to make the $25 dollar purchase for a Rex Mii Costume (and hopefully some fun characters in the future). I was just wondering how many people were either enticed by Rex or had enough confidence in Sakurai to buy the pass when it's just Joker right now (not even any gameplay).
I have zero confidence in either Sakurai or Nintendo to pick who I want.
However, I want to know the matchup of each character and to always have access to that character in case I ever want to try them out even if I have an intense disliking of them.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In an alternate timeline: Super Smash Bros never happened.

Instead, we get Dragon King. This site is dedicated to the one game being called Dragonboards, and then we get into a war with the DnD fans because they wanted Dragonboards as well.

Eventually, the result is that both are gobbled up by a third party.

Eventually because there’s no Smash, major tournaments are forced to close. EVO becomes a Street Fighter II focused event and all others shut down for good. This leads to Smashers finding alternate uses for their time. One of them invents a device that lets them travel to parallel universes...

Wait, now I’m just describing the premise of Sliders.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I haven't bought it cuz i'm broke.

I tell myself it's cuz it might not have who I want, but let's be real.

1. It's not gonna have who I want.
2. i'm getting it anyway.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

If he wasn’t a boss I would’ve loved to see Marx playable.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
$25 for me is too much for something I don't fully know yet, I have zero interest in Joker, I don't care about matchups and I don't expect anything good from the DLC.

So not buying it. :V

D

Deleted member

Im presonally waiting for the next 1 or 2 fighters before jumping the gun. Joker is great but I would prefer to see who else is in before commiting to buy.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm a perfectionist, so I have to have everyone, so I bought it. Like, even if someone I hated and had no interest in came out I'd still buy theme for the sole sake of having them.

Besides, it's only $25. I spend more than that on movies on a monthly.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I haven’t bought it. I’ll get all the characters when I can but they should just reveal all of them instead of dragging out the announcements.

I’m not about that waiting ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom