• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Calling it now...

Joker's stage will have a codec conversation with the Phantom Thieves, discussing every character, including the other DLC characters

Unfortunately, they'll put in the conversations regarding unannounced characters in the files, spoiling every other unannounced DLC character
Young Link and Navi doing that also should have happened.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Man, everything about :ultyounglink: just screams missed opportunity doesn’t it.

-No Fierce Deity FS
-No Navi conversation
-No Majora’s Mask representation moveset wise
-No playable Skull Kid to fight

It’s like they dug him up just to go “hey remember this character? Well now there’s two Link clones hyuck hyuck!” and called it a day.

And I know he ain’t coming back since he’s only to celebrate “Everyone Is Here”

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Man, everything about :ultyounglink: just screams missed opportunity doesn’t it.

-No Fierce Deity FS
-No Navi conversation

It’s like they dug him up just to go “hey remember this character? Well now there’s two Link clones hyuck hyuck!” and called it a day.

They also didn't add this guy in any shape or form whatsoever. I'm angry.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

-No Fierce Deity FS
-No Navi conversation

Pretty sure :ultyounglink: was based more on his Ocarina of Time iteration

The fact that the milk he drinks is considered to be Lon Lon Milk, and his shield is the Deku Shield, definitely makes this clear...

And if you ask me, it makes total sense

Ocarina of Time is the most critically acclaimed Zelda game, so if you have to choose an iteration of Young Link, I'd say you should go with the more iconic one

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Pretty sure :ultyounglink: was based more on his Ocarina of Time iteration

The fact that the milk he drinks is considered to be Lon Lon Milk, and his shield is the Deku Shield, definitely makes this clear...
....That’s my point, there’s no MM representation, he’s just another OOT iteration alongside :ultsheik:(BOTW suit aside)&:ultganondorf:.

The OOT representation in Smash is bloated enough already and a lack of MM content.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Against my better judgement, I'm actually going to start work on the Warlestio drawing in a little while here. Will probably have it finished within a couple of days.

Even got the right music for working...
People are talking about a Wario/Celestia fusion and I'm just thinking of the guy who used Wario to take a colossal dump on My Little Pony... (I was going to insert more of the Warlestio proposal posts, but they're further back than I care to go digging.)
Seriously please though. :p
Bloody heck, why do all these .gif upload sites make it so difficult to download gifs from them? I like collecting reaction images, dang it!
Dunno about that. They said they didn't changed her but I swear Palutena's grab feels faster.
Bloody hell, we're bringing this up again? Palutena's grab wasn't even that slow!
Double banana. Brawl, featuring more tripping!
The banana probably replaced the tag-out move when Dixie was scrapped...

D

Deleted member

....That’s my point, there’s no MM representation, he’s just another OOT iteration alongside :ultsheik:(BOTW suit aside)&:ultganondorf:.

The OOT representation in Smash is bloated enough already and a lack of MM content.
God this is the absolute weirdest of takes I ever thought I'd see.
I dunno what's worse though, "Young Link from OoT and MM are different characters" or "Ocarina 'doesn't have a stage' of Time is overrepresented"

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I dunno what's worse though, "Young Link from OoT and MM are different characters" or "Ocarina 'doesn't have a stage' of Time is overrepresented"
Gerudo Valley is an Ocarina stage

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The OoT representation in Smash is bloated enough already and a lack of MM content.
But :ultyounglink: is probably the most important representation of OoT
The main character of the most Iconic Zelda game... And possibly, The most iconic Link in the entire franchise.
It really felt kinda wrong to not have any iteration of OoT Link playable in Brawl and 4, just because of the sheer legacy that OoT has...
In game celebrating Nintendo history, I think it's pretty mandatory to have OoT Link in some shape or form
Complain all you want, but I feel like :ultyounglink: needs to represent OoT

Also, why are you complaining about MM representation? It got a stage before OoT even did.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
OOT has the gerudo valley stage, its an odd choice considering all the memorable locations from that game...honestly its like one of the least visited areas I personally ever went to since its basically just the bridge into gerudo with little to do there and i spent a LOT of time messing around in OOT, highly forgettable that stage is from OOT imo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would argue that A Link to The Past got it worse. Aside from Zelda's design and Cuccos, I can't recall any major ALTTP representation.

At least Majora's Mask has 2 assists and a stage.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I would argue that A Link to The Past got it worse. Aside from Zelda's design and Cuccos, I can't recall any major ALTTP representation.

At least Majora's Mask has 2 assists and a stage.
Then there's the original Zelda game...

No stage, no character design, no nothing (I mean, aside from creating the characters)

At least have the Old Man's cave as a stage or something...

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yeah, I shouldn’t worry about MM since it’s got Great Bay, Skull Kid AT, Moon AT and a few tracks.

If any Zelda iteration got screwed over, it was Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Then there's the original Zelda...

No stage, no character design, no nothing

At least have the Old Man's cage as a stage or something...
Funny too, considering that Mario one gets way too much love, yet Zelda 1 doesn't.

Ironically, I think Mario 3 is in the same boat, unless you count Mario Maker, it is the only classic Mario game with NO stages. There's like 3 based on 1, and then theres one based on 2 and World, but Bros. 3 has... nothing.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Funny too, considering that Mario one gets way too much love, yet Zelda 1 doesn't.

Ironically, I think Mario 3 is in the same boat, unless you count Mario Maker, it is the only classic Mario game with NO stages. There's like 3 based on 1, and then theres one based on 2 and World, but Bros. 3 has... nothing.
Please, Mario 3 is nothing compared to what 3D World got.

Only a single ripped track.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

At least 3 is represented with the Koopalings :ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:
Yeah, I shouldn’t worry about MM since it’s got Great Bay, Skull Kid AT, Moon AT and a few tracks.

I mean, it's a spin off game, from a third party company...

I don't expect it to get represented anytime soon

D

Deleted member

Gerudo Valley is an Ocarina stage
OOT has the gerudo valley stage, its an odd choice considering all the memorable locations from that game...honestly its like one of the least visited areas I personally ever went to since its basically just the bridge into gerudo with little to do there and i spent a LOT of time messing around in OOT, highly forgettable that stage is from OOT imo.
I don't know how I forgot about Gerudo Valley completely lol
OoT is still nowhere near "overrepresented" though

D

Deleted member

The least represented Metroid games in Ultimate would probably be Prime Pinball and Blast Ball.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
On the topic of stages, why doesn’t :ultkingdedede: have his own stage yet?

:ultmetaknight: got his and :ultkirby: for obvious reasons.

I can see not going with the Boxing motif because of Punch-Out but why not his castle?

D

Deleted member

On the topic of stages, why doesn’t :ultkingdedede: have his own stage yet?

:ultmetaknight: got his and :ultkirby: for obvious reasons.

I can see not going with the Boxing motif because of Punch-Out but why not his castle?
Mt.Dedede is part of the Dreamland (GB) stage in the form of the gates to the bosses and Dedede's arena from that game.

D

Deleted member

Just a reminder this applies to every single character in Smash
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Iridium

Smash Hero

Can I just say Oracle of Ages and Seasons got screwed over too?

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
3D World got robbed. We probably would've gotten a stage for it this game, but with all the returning stages Odyssey took priority.
Yeah, I hope the next Smash takes priority in new stages again and less returning because frankly I’m sick of the same stages that were already been in past games over and over again.

Also, can I say that the Mario Party and Sports series have a shocking lack of stages in Smash?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I miss the DKCR stage.

It is the only thing that makes me return to Smash 4 from time to time, alongside Rainbow Road and Pac-Maze.

I can live without Pyrosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom