• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Does anyone else want there to be a DKC where the villain is an old-*** version of Stanley the Bug-Man bringing his pesticide factory to Kong Island and seeking revenge against Cranky Kong for ruining his flowers?
Ok, I actually want that now that you put that idea in my mind.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
But Metroid had Samus Returns 3D not so long ago. And even if it's a remake, it had new additions and mechanics that made the gameplay fresh and added to the story. I wouldn't have complained if DKC got the same thing, with a remake of say, the original game. But we don't. And that's why am upset. Metroid wasn't really dormant when it mattered, only in the Wii U era and that's a era that's highly forgetable as most of it's quality games have been ported over to the Switch, Tropical Freeze included.
I mean, they announced Prime 4 and Samus Return at the same time to appeal to fans of both style of Metroids. So this isn't exactly a case of Metroid game another game despite already receive a game not too long ago.

None of the DKC really needs a remake, they don't really have any stories or lore to really demand that, and the original games already plays fine. Meanwhile on Metroid, the NES Metroid was easily in dire needs of a remake and 2 on the GameBoy didn't age the best. A series being dormant for basically an entire console generation (even if Wii U had a short one) was fairly bad, and the 3DS was running hot too.

DKC might be a platforming franchise, but it doesn't have to be. Look at games like DK64 for example. That they didn't TRY to do anything new with Donkey Kong afterwards is already selling the franchise short. And no I don't wanna talk about the Bongo games, but at least back then they tried something. Mario and DKC are comparable as much as Mario and Kirby are comparable. Yoshi's also getting a new game which is a platformer, Kirby got a new game, why are they lagging behind with Donkey Kong?
I am not saying Mario and DKC are basically the same, but why people are more hyped over Metroid than Kirby, Yoshi and a potential DKC.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Does anyone else want there to be a DKC where the villain is an old-*** version of Stanley the Bug-Man bringing his pesticide factory to Kong Island and seeking revenge against Cranky Kong for ruining his flowers?
He must have really loved these flowers for holding a grudge against Cranky for all these years...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Tiny Kong is dope. But again: both she and Dixie can co-exist! Tiny's shrinking mechanic could open up so many possibilities in DKC. Secret pathways, puzzles, collectables, and so on.

Bring back Lanky and Tiny in DKC6. Both would be amazing additions.

D

Deleted member

Tiny Kong is dope. But again: both she and Dixie can co-exist! Tiny's shrinking mechanic could open up so many possibilities in DKC. Secret pathways, puzzles, collectables, and so on.

Bring back Lanky and Tiny in DKC6. Both would be amazing additions.
I agree.
I would also like to see a concept similar to Kirby’s Meta Knightmare, but with K.Rool.

D

Deleted member

One change that i would make to Ridley in Ultimate would be his Up-Special.

But instead of changing any frame, i would just increase the length of the move and make the charge faster.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
One change that i would make to Ridley in Ultimate would be his Up-Special.

But instead of changing any frame, i would just increase the length of the move and make the charge faster.
I would make him easier to combo so I can ladder him more consistently with Bayo.

Also papagenos papagenos is here?!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, earlier I mentioned anime addicted people kinda annoy me at times...
Yet I used the term weeaboo. And incorrectly. (I thought it meant anime addicted. I don’t know anime terms that well.)

I just saw some anime chic at a con screaming at the top of her lungs running down the halls.
Not exactly a cause of being addicted to anime, but still annoying. xD

I also saw Todoroki flossing and an anime chic singing hit or miss. Tha5 made me cringe real bad.

anyway, I signed up for a Smash Ultimate tournament. Wish me luck! I’m going in the first round.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"They didn't even try to do anything new and I am going to scream if you bring up those ****ing bongos as they contradict my claim"
What about the racing game, King of Swing and Jungle Climber?
That was all there untill Donkey Kong Country Returns. Well, with DKC Returning officially, there's only been ONE new game and the rest of spin-offs that came before it Returned disapeared unless you count Mario vs Donkey Kong, which you shouldn't.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
This thread is so slow, right now...
Give it a few days and we'll start hallucinating buffs and nerfs.

Thankfully they give us who got adjusted. I could not handle 76 characters being analyzed to death for buffs and nerfs.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What did we say about viewing the naughty site before bed
What's so naughty about Samus potentially being gay?

Give it a few days and we'll start hallucinating buffs and nerfs.

Thankfully they give us who got adjusted. I could not handle 76 characters being analyzed to death for buffs and nerfs.
Dunno about that. They said they didn't changed her but I swear Palutena's grab feels faster.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Dunno about that. They said they didn't changed her but I swear Palutena's grab feels faster.
Nothing, really. I was just curious where this info spotted up. I didn’t know she was potentially gay.
Got a source?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a question about the competitive scene. Can I save my repays then upload them later...somehow?
Never went to a tourney yet, but I think so if you bring your own setup. When you say upload, do you mean to YouTube?

Watch someone claim Sonic is faster somehow.

D

Deleted member

I just beated a lvl9 Inkling with Samus.

My trick to deal with the roller attack is air play: fight as much as you can in the air while Inkling uses the roller, while keeping a good reaction to prevent getting caught.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is it bad that I want another leak to happen?
Calling it now...

Joker's stage will have a codec conversation with the Phantom Thieves, discussing every character, including the other DLC characters

Unfortunately, they'll put in the conversations regarding unannounced characters in the files, spoiling every other unannounced DLC character

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom