• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm tired of "actually, X is bad because it's repetitive, see: [input oversimplification of the story]".
It's especially bad with Pokemon considering the XY anime changed the formula significantly to try something more serious and action-focused, while Sun and Moon literally doesn't even use the basic plot structure of the Pokemon anime.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh my word I hate typing on a IPad...
Look at all those numbers I accidentally put!
Seven stars could’ve worked. :p

Also, can someone explain all the Geno hype for me? All he really is is a side character, and I don’t get why every9ne likes h8m that much except for “he’s cool”.

D

Deleted member

I'm tired of "actually, X is bad because it's repetitive, see: [input oversimplification of the story]".
It's especially bad with Pokemon considering the XY anime changed the formula significantly to try something more serious and action-focused, while Sun and Moon literally doesn't even use the basic plot structure of the Pokemon anime.
I agree.
And it’s not like the Ash series is the only anime based on Pokémon.
The Pokémon Company has made more series of the franchise that catters to more publics, and they are pretty cool.

There’s nothing wrong with the main one.

D

Deleted member

Frankly, I don’t enjoy the Pokèmon anime.
The acting is terrible, the plots are predictable, and the show has simply been milked dry.
I respect that others can enjoy it, though.
Also, their voices.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am guessing it is because they want to have a bit of distance from game and anime. It wasn't until Let's Go that James and Jessie was even in the games (WHY WON'T MEOWTH TALK).
Wrong.

They appeared before in Pokémon Yellow for the Game Boy.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I am guessing it is because they want to have a bit of distance from game and anime. It wasn't until Let's Go that James and Jessie was even in the games (WHY WON'T MEOWTH TALK).
Actually Jessie and James were in Pokémon Yellow.
But why would they want distance from the games and anime if Red is from the games, and Smash Bros. Is, well, a game?

Edit: :ultgreninja:‘d

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Characters in high profile leaks have people arguing for them as part of the package. People bandwagon toward at least acceptance of that character. That character is now officially a 'popularly asked for character'. As a popular character, it is now sacrosanct and must be put in smash *eventually*. Anything less is rubbing dirt in the fan's faces.

And then everyone wonders why we have so many trash 'leaks'.

D

Deleted member

Actually Jessie and James were in Pokémon Yellow.
But why would they want distance from the games and anime if Red is from the games, and Smash Bros. Is, well, a game?

Edit: :ultgreninja:‘d
Smash Bros. decided to isolate itself from the rest of society.

D

Deleted member

I... don't know WHY you'd want to replicate that, but it's something that's being discussed in the Yoshi Discord right now. It involves his Neutral Special obviously... :yoshi:
I want the legs.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Seven stars could’ve worked. :p

Also, can someone explain all the Geno hype for me? All he really is is a side character, and I don’t get why every9ne likes h8m that much except for “he’s cool”.
Super Mario RPG was the first RPG of a lot of people, and it's so well crafted that the experience sticks with you. Geno is the second party member to join you, and is often considered one of the best ones. He has a lot of cool magic and is overall very powerful. Despite the appearance, he likes to joke around and make fun of the situation, while also staying focused on his mission of finding the 7 stars to fix the Star Road, a road necessary to make wishes come true. The party first meets him in a forest, where they have to follow him in order to know the exit of the maze. When they catch up to him, he's fighting a boss, and introduces himself in a very super hero style presentation, only to get beaten up easily. The party helps him and he joins the team. He then becomes the second leading man in the party, doing most of the talking in Mario's place.

At the end of the game, he has to say goodbye to everyone he has meet and go back to his world. He then goes back to the house he first found the doll, only to see the kid that owned it being very happy to see him coming back, the was happy to know that his doll became a hero. Geno then explains to the kid that he has to go and he can't stay. He then leaves the doll, turning it back to a normal sized one and goes away, promising he'd come back one day.

He's overall a very easy to like character once you play the game. I think part of the Geno hype comes from the fact that even Sakurai wanted him to be in the game ever since Brawl. His fans have been wanting him in the game for more than an entire decade, but never got the chance to see him joining Smash. They just want to see that character they like so much finally fulfilling his promise of coming back one day.

tl;dr: He's funny guy, has cool moves, is the second most important party member after Mario, has a decent story, has been requested for more than a decade and represents a very dear game to a lot of the older fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing I want from Ganondorf now, is that his up special would have him teleport, akin to Mewtwo, and that his jab were a frame-perfect reflector.

D

Deleted member

I’m replaying Tropical Freeze to celebrate the fact that Retro Studios isn’t closing.

I may play the Metroid Prime trilogy later too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Likely because you play as Pokemon, not as their trainer. Red and Leaf are just decorative.
Or it’s because they don’t want Leaf to steal all of the spotlight Red tried to earn on his own until his ugly *** voice showed up

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pokemon is for kids, they probably don't expect their main audience to know every previous season.
God, the next and potentially last Super Sentai season is playing it safe by using dinosaurs as a theme again and the fandom is crying that the last Dino season was back when the target audience wasn't even a sperm cell so this **** really makes me tired of seeing that

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or it’s because they don’t want Leaf to steal all of the spotlight Red tried to earn on his own until his ugly *** voice showed up
Leaf wasn't in Brawl though, unlike Red. Because, you know, "Samus but sexy" is appearently enough female newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Leaf wasn't in Brawl though, unlike Red. Because, you know, "Samus but sexy" is appearently enough female newcomers.
I still don’t know why Leaf wasn’t already playable in Brawl.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Leaf was busy being a chad

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
5DE7C46C-FC88-44ED-BD2D-21E3BFBF4C8E.gif

I feel like every time I wonder into the thread, there’s a new topic being discussed

...and it befuddles me at times.

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that Dixie was supposed to be in Brawl as a tag team character with Diddy Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom