• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Avoid Metroid NES like the plague tbh. No maps or anything means you're not in for a fun time. Wait for the SNES games to join and play Super Metroid or for the eventual Prime Trilogy port
Even with a guide, Metroid NES was absolutely unbearable. I wish they would update it to spawn you with full health.

D

Deleted member

Smash characters who commited war crimes:
:ultfalcon:(worked as a mercenary and commited Pikmin genocide)
:ultdoc:(illegal doctor who killed soldiers to steal their organs)
:ultganondorf:(cursed the Great Deku Tree and Lord Jabu Jabu, attempted starvation of Gorons, imprisoned several Sages, cursed holy temples, froze Zora's Domain, performed a coup and assassinated the King of Hyrule, stole the Triforce, commited Hylian genocide)
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:(known to have been charged for war crimes in the past but specific crimes unknown)
:ultkingdedede::ultkrool:(slave work)
:ultpalutena:(started a war in the name of a religious cult)
:ultrobin::ultrobinf:(literally commited every possible war crime, from using nuclear bombs to child soldiers and incest, too much to list)
:ultsamus:(mercenary work, Metroid genocide, planet-busting, said the word "****")
:ultsheik::ultsnake:(espionage)
:ultludwig:(commited Toad genocide)
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:(mercenary work, is a furry)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That’s fine with me to be honest. There aren’t really any GBA titles I am interested in as of now.
With the Metroid titles, you do now...

Just the term ‘Ambassador’s Program’ sounds really cool.
It was because of the ridiculous price of the 3DS at launch, so Nintendo offered up free Virtual Console titles to early adopters after the price drop. Around 10 NES and 10 GBA titles were featured...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
:ultganondorf:(cursed the Great Deku Tree and Lord Jabu Jabu, attempted starvation of Gorons, imprisoned several Sages, cursed holy temples, froze Zora's Domain, performed a coup and assassinated the King of Hyrule, stole the Triforce, commited Hylian genocide)
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:(known to have been charged for war crimes in the past but specific crimes unknown)
:ultrobin::ultrobinf:(literally commited every possible war crime, from using nuclear bombs to child soldiers and incest, too much to list)
:ultsamus:(mercenary work, Metroid genocide, planet-busting, said the word "****")
Why isn't Olimar the Colonizer on here? Smh Shish I didn't know you were a republican

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
With the Metroid titles, you do now...

It was because of the ridiculous price of the 3DS at launch, so Nintendo offered up free Virtual Console titles to early adopters after the price drop. Around 10 NES and 10 GBA titles were featured...
I didn’t even know Metroid had games in the GBA...The main ones that are interesting me as of now are Seamus Retruns for the 3DS, and Super Metroid.

D

Deleted member

Why isn't Olimar the Colonizer on here? Smh Shish I didn't know you were a republican
Olimar is a savior to the Pikmins so you should focus on getting Captain Falcon punished for the Pikmin he has killed instead of the poor and innocent soul that Olimar is.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I didn’t even know Metroid had games in the GBA...The main ones that are interesting me as of now are Seamus Retruns for the 3DS, and Super Metroid.
I'll be honest with in regards to Super Metroid. I love that game, but it is NOT beginner friendly. That is why I believe the GBA titles are great entry points for the series.

D

Deleted member

HE INVADED A COUNTRY AND USED THE PEOPLE AS SLAVES SHISH HAS THE HISTORY OF THE UK, THE US AND THE NETHERLANDS TAUGHT YOU NOTHING?
Ok, first off, the planet he CRASHED in has no sense of politics, so he was invading nothing. Secondly, he helped the natuves fight off evil predators so he's a good person.
Before visiting, the Pikmin population was less than 20, but after Olimar went there, it's gone past the 100s!
Elaborate, please. .
Facebook-4456ee_5.png

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Considering how old Super Metroid is too, you're going to run into ******** who WILL bully you for not knowing advanced techniques like the ****ing uhhhhhhh Crystal Flash or whatever and the somewhat finicky walljumping
Walljumping is certainly much easier to pull off in the GBA games...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok, first off, the planet he CRASHED in has no sense of politics, so he was invading nothing. Secondly, he helped the natuves fight off evil predators so he's a good person.
Before visiting, the Pikmin population was less than 20, but after Olimar went there, it's gone past the 100s!

View attachment 188569
SHISH I DIDN'T LEARN ABOUT HOW MY COUNTRIES GLADLY OPPRESSED ENTIRE COUNTRIES JUST FOR TEA AND SPICES JUST SO I COULD HAVE THIS ARGUMENT OLIMAR IS PART OF THE PROBLEM

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SHISH I DIDN'T LEARN ABOUT HOW MY COUNTRIES GLADLY OPPRESSED ENTIRE COUNTRIES JUST FOR TEA AND SPICES JUST SO I COULD HAVE THIS ARGUMENT OLIMAR IS PART OF THE PROBLEM
See people! This is what ancestor-shaming does! We need to stop holding people accountable for things people hundreds and thousands of years ago did!

On another note. Xbox tweeted that they like Smash Ultimate for National Compliment Day. Do you think this means we could be getting one of their characters?

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Ludwig, really? He doesn’t seem like the kind of Koopa who does the dirty work himself. Maybe Roy or Morton Jr.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
See people! This is what ancestor-shaming does! We need to stop holding people accountable for things people hundreds and thousands of years ago did!

On another note. Xbox tweeted that they like Smash Ultimate for National Compliment Day. Do you think this means we could be getting one of their characters?
At this point I need SOMEONE to edit that Simpsons "Don't make me tap the sign" joke and put "Not everything in the video game industry means it might be involved with Smash"

D

Deleted member

Zero Mission is better than NEStroid and deserves to be played by many people.

The game is available on the Wii U Virtual Console, if you want to give it a try.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At this point I need SOMEONE to edit that Simpsons "Don't make me tap the sign" joke and put "Not everything in the video game industry means it might be involved with Smash"
While I respect your point and do argue that this community is known to be set off by running leaves we’re so hair triggered, this honestly does feel a bit like the start of a marketing strategy. Or it would have if Nintendo reciprocated the compliment, but they didn’t.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

Heck, we shouldn't hold people accountable for things that other people did altogether. A while ago, a racer loses some sponsor or something because his father said something racist, before HE WAS EVEN BORN.

I think a Xbox character is very possible for DLC, just... which one is the problem.

D

Deleted member

LOOK I DIDN'T LEARN ABOUT HOW MY COUNTRY GOT OPPRESSED BY THOSE NASTY EUROPEANS TO HEAR YOU CALL OLIMAR A COLONIZER, AND THAT INCLUDED YOUR COUNTRY BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE AT LEAST YOU WEREN'T AS BAD AS THOSE STINKY PORTUGUESE WHEN YOU GUYS WEREN'T TRYING TO INVADE US BY FORCE.

Ancestor-shaming all the way! Shame your ancestors the same way you kinkshame someone!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Heck, we shouldn't hold people accountable for things that other people did altogether. A while ago, a racer loses some sponsor or something because his father said something racist, before HE WAS EVEN BORN.

I think a Xbox character is very possible for DLC, just... which one is the problem.
I mean, we really can’t say. I’ve made some pretty good (in my opinion) arguments for Banjo before. People have done the same thing for Steve. And while no one has tried to Argue Master Chief, I cant deny he’d be cool. In my opinion there is no way to prove a character is a bad fit for Smash sense Sakurai has proved time and again that he can make anyone work, so you can really only argue your own preferences merits and hope people agree.

I still think the best middle ground would be Banjo as the character, Minecraft as the stage, the Xbox logo as the series symbol, and music tracks from a BUNCH of MS titles.

Ancestor-shaming all the way! Shame your ancestors the same way you kinkshame someone!
Except.... that’s wrong too. You shouldn’t make anybody feel bad for anything they didn’t decide to do. They didn’t ask to be part of whatever race they were born into. They didn’t ask to be born with whatever weird kink they have. No one did and no one can. So it shouldn’t be a topic of ridicule like it’s something they can change.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally think Ash is an annoying idiot and the anime is trash. Fite me. (80s was fine tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom