• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I would draw Waluigi fused with White Diamond if I had anything resembling artistic ability (my profile pic should prove that).

Like look at this scene, and imagine if WD was voiced by Waluigi.

Literal perfection

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been doing Century Smash with a bunch of random characters. I got Yoshi and I rocked it.

I accidentally made Zinith proud.

D

Deleted member

You guys ready? Porky meeting is over.

Now... is the final area.

GET YOUR FEELS READY.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know Metroid Prime 4 being delayed is a bummer, sure. Seeing the fan love coming out for Nintendo's decision has been encouraging. And now one of the heads of Game Informer came out and told what went wrong with that game and how it was saved by Retro instead of outright canceled. He also said there's more Metroid coming besides Prime 4 which probably includes the Prime Trilogy Remaster on Switch.

You know what this also means? It also means my speculation from... YEARS ago os HIGHLY likely. I'm 100% sure Mercury Steam is working on a new, original 2D Metroid game. Like, I've never been more confident in something for Metroid. Now I'm not sure if it'll be for Switch or *sigh* 3DS but I'm way way way too confident that Mercury Steam is working with Nintendo on Metroid. Samus Returns seemed like a test drive and after that game getting a really good reception I think Nintendo is 100% comfortable with letting Mercury Steam develop an original take on a 2D Metroid.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know Metroid Prime 4 being delayed is a bummer, sure. Seeing the fan love coming out for Nintendo's decision has been encouraging. And now one of the heads of Game Informer came out and told what went wrong with that game and how it was saved by Retro instead of outright canceled. He also said there's more Metroid coming besides Prime 4 which probably includes the Prime Trilogy Remaster on Switch.

You know what this also means? It also means my speculation from... YEARS ago os HIGHLY likely. I'm 100% sure Mercury Steam is working on a new, original 2D Metroid game. Like, I've never been more confident in something for Metroid. Now I'm not sure if it'll be for Switch or *sigh* 3DS but I'm way way way too confident that Mercury Steam is working with Nintendo on Metroid. Samus Returns seemed like a test drive and after that game getting a really good reception I think Nintendo is 100% comfortable with letting Mercury Steam develop an original take on a 2D Metroid.
and then japan proceeds to not care while the west flips its ****

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Funny. I'd rather play NES Metroid over those two.

A normal voice?
I’ve only played two to finish myself, super Metroid and Seamus Returns on the 3DS. I loved them both.

But I can’t comment much on the series as a whole outside of word of mouth.

Pokémon, Star Fox, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem. That would be more of my forte for Nintendo stuff.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Looking through the thread, it seems like Imran and a couple others are dropping hints that MercurySteam isn't done with Metroid, so you're probably spot on with that. I think it'll be for the Switch though as looking at the current 3DS lineup it's mostly remakes, and the new games like Luigi's Mansion 3 are making the jump rather then staying on the system. I can't see Metroid being the only exception there, particularly since there's so much more potential in moving the series to a more powerful system with a larger installbase to make use of.

D

Deleted member

Looking through the thread, it seems like Imran and a couple others are dropping hints that MercurySteam isn't done with Metroid, so you're probably spot on with that. I think it'll be for the Switch though as looking at the current 3DS lineup it's mostly remakes, and the new games like Luigi's Mansion 3 are making the jump rather then staying on the system. I can't see Metroid being the only exception there, particularly since there's so much more potential in moving the series to a more powerful system with a larger installbase to make use of.
God, a new 2D Metroid by MercuryStream for the Switch would make me a very happy man.

D

Deleted member

The Porky battle is over.

Which means it's time for the final battle... The End of Mother 3.

Get your tissues.

D

Deleted member

Sweet dreams, everyone.
631877E3-CC69-4681-92EB-A6D9B0749C71.jpeg

This is what I get for daring to look up, ‘realistic Kirby’.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Is there any character that if revealed would literally make you guys jump with excitement? Like, get you guys REALLY excited?

Most of the time when I see a character reveal I'm either: "hey, that guy looks cool, I'll give him a try" or "uh, ok then", but I've never got to the point of going "OH MY GOD! HE'S IN! YES! THANK YOU SAKURAI!". The only characters I could see myself reacting this way are Sora, Geno or Neku. I'm a huge KH fan, with it being my favorite SE franchise, SMRPG was my first RPG ever, and TWEWY is my favorite DS title to this day. If any of these characters ever got in, I would make sure to go online and post everywhere about how excited I would be.
The characters that did that for me were Sonic, Mega Man, Cloud, and Joker...Sora would do that for me as well.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is there any character that if revealed would literally make you guys jump with excitement? Like, get you guys REALLY excited?

Most of the time when I see a character reveal I'm either: "hey, that guy looks cool, I'll give him a try" or "uh, ok then", but I've never got to the point of going "OH MY GOD! HE'S IN! YES! THANK YOU SAKURAI!". The only characters I could see myself reacting this way are Sora, Geno or Neku. I'm a huge KH fan, with it being my favorite SE franchise, SMRPG was my first RPG ever, and TWEWY is my favorite DS title to this day. If any of these characters ever got in, I would make sure to go online and post everywhere about how excited I would be.
Both Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Slayer would do that for me. Two games I, and my family, grew up with. Got a lotta memories with Doom 64 and Ninja Gaiden Black man. Lots.
Wait, really? Could I see?
Switch Force did a really good job of breaking it all down. Those guys do good work in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well... That was Mother 3.
Let's be real. Etika finishing Xenoblade 2, Pewds finishing Walking Dead... Nothing will ever top Vinny's run of Mother 3. It'll be quite a long time until we've seen something on the internet being THAT surreal-feeling. I don't think even the rest of Smash Ultimate's Fighter Pass could top that experience.

Two years worth the wait. Many tears, I cried too. But worth the wait.

Onto Final Fantasy IX in a couple of months!

HAPPY TOKE.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

All of them have been deconfirmed by other games making the cut first, their company speakers denying it, or being a Western developed IP...

All but RYU HAYABUSA. COME ON SAKURAI, THROW ME A BONE.
Smash Ultimate DLC Wants small.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well... That was Mother 3.
Let's be real. Etika finishing Xenoblade 2, Pewds finishing Walking Dead... Nothing will ever top Vinny's run of Mother 3. It'll be quite a long time until we've seen something on the internet being THAT surreal-feeling. I don't think even the rest of Smash Ultimate's Fighter Pass could top that experience.

Two years worth the wait. Many tears, I cried too. But worth the wait.

Onto Final Fantasy IX in a couple of months!

View attachment 188561
And the best part?

Vinny just memed a Mother 3 translation into existence.

E3 boys, look out for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And the best part?

Vinny just memed a Mother 3 translation into existence.

E3 boys, look out for it.
I think the best part of all of this is that if Rex & Pyra or Geno were to be revealed for Smash Ultimate DLC, it wouldn't surpass the Mother 3 finale, in terms of how much of an experience it was.

That is how good the last four hours were.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
All of them have been deconfirmed by other games making the cut first, their company speakers denying it, or being a Western developed IP...

View attachment 188562
I don't think being a Western Devoloped IP eliminates it from happening just for that alone. I mean, we live in an age where meetings and discussions are a click and a screen away. And if we're talking about Bethesda and Id, for Doom Slayer, Pete Hines has talked on their good relationship with Nintendo, the possibility of future Nintendo Exclusives, and yes Smash.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. By now we should know that. I think Doom Slayer is coming, and I'll be hyped as hell if/when he gets here. Definitely the same with Hayabusa.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, if I wanted to create a character support thread, would I put it in the newcomer speculation section, or. .?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

View attachment 188562
Demi-Fiend is out because of Joker, Dante is out because Kamiya's last poll implied the most popular choice might influence him to speak with Sakurai and some old friends, Doom Slayer for being a Western IP, but what's 2B's deal? Being a guest in another game already and/or competing against Erdrick for the SE rep spot, even though he may or may not be "Brave"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom