• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I mean, we really can’t say. I’ve made some pretty good (in my opinion) arguments for Banjo before. People have done the same thing for Steve. And while no one has tried to Argue Master Chief, I cant deny he’d be cool. In my opinion there is no way to prove a character is a bad fit for Smash sense Sakurai has proved time and again that he can make anyone work, so you can really only argue your own preferences merits and hope people agree.

I still think the best middle ground would be Banjo as the character, Minecraft as the stage, the Xbox logo as the series symbol, and music tracks from a BUNCH of MS titles.
To be honest, if Banjo and Steve both get in, I would be pretty happy to put away my dislike for Steve. But realistically speaking, we are probably gonna get a Minecraft stage with Steve and then a few Rare IP as spirits or even cameos in the background of the Minecraft stage (like Smashville, but with a Minecraft Banjo LOL).

D

Deleted member

Random comment, but a lot of people seem to not want Steve in Smash, which is understandable, but I feel a lot of the reasons are just “it’s cringy” essentially. People make jokes about the crappy RPs and stuff but you can make good things with it. For example, my friend managed to make this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CiPIsKamg

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen the Pokemon anime since 4Kids stopped dubbing it...
I prefer the other Pokémon animes that actually adapted some of the games.
Generations, Origins, the Mystery Dungeon OVAs, and a few more.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I personally think Ash is an annoying idiot and the anime is trash. Fite me. (80s was fine tho)
Yeah, I hate popular things, too.

I mean, we really can’t say. I’ve made some pretty good (in my opinion) arguments for Banjo before. People have done the same thing for Steve. And while no one has tried to Argue Master Chief, I cant deny he’d be cool. In my opinion there is no way to prove a character is a bad fit for Smash sense Sakurai has proved time and again that he can make anyone work, so you can really only argue your own preferences merits and hope people agree.

I still think the best middle ground would be Banjo as the character, Minecraft as the stage, the Xbox logo as the series symbol, and music tracks from a BUNCH of MS titles.
Better: A piece of paper with "Xbox" written on it is our second fighter pass reveal.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Except you are unlikely to get a random expansive world in your platform brawler and more likely to get an uglier version of the Mario Maker stage...
I've always expected it to be like Mario Maker, but around the size of something like Palutena's Temple

Don't see why that'd be a problem

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I personally think Ash is an annoying idiot and the anime is trash. Fite me. (80s was fine tho)
Go commit not breathing, scumbag!

I kinda wish I could watch more Pokemon anime, but it isn't really on my TV channels (or any decent cartoon/anime for that matter). Anyone has recommendation on where to watch it? And what's up with C roll? I heard bad things about it.

D

Deleted member

I had a crazy thought yesterday:

Since Retro Studios will take its time with Prime 4, and Nintendo may want to “compensate” Metroid fans... What if they called Mercury Steam to make a new 2D entry in the franchise?

Maybe Dread if we go nuts?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I hate popular things, too.

Better: A piece of paper with "Xbox" written on it is our second fighter pass reveal.
Popular is overrated. :4pacman:

Jokes aside, it’s just an opinion.

D

Deleted member

Net
Go commit not breathing, scumbag!

I kinda wish I could watch more Pokemon anime, but it isn't really on my TV channels (or any decent cartoon/anime for that matter). Anyone has recommendation on where to watch it? And what's up with C roll? I heard bad things about it.
Netflix should do you some good.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I had a crazy thought yesterday:

Since Retro Studios will take its time with Prime 4, and Nintendo may want to “compensate” Metroid fans... What if they called Mercury Steam to make a new 2D entry in the franchise?

Maybe Dread if we go nuts?
I think most people already expect another 2D entry from them (hopefully for the Switch too). Also, isn't Dread related to the prime series?

D

Deleted member

"A whole medium is bad unless retro" was too good to pass.
xD

In my opinion, the anime is decent, and I’m still not a big fan of the older anime, so I wouldn’t say I fall into the catogory. After all, I like some modern things too. :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Random comment, but a lot of people seem to not want Steve in Smash, which is understandable, but I feel a lot of the reasons are just “it’s cringy” essentially. People make jokes about the crappy RPs and stuff but you can make good things with it. For example, my friend managed to make this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CiPIsKamg
I mean. You really can’t say why someone shouldn’t be in Smash. Because there are almost no characters that wouldn’t work. It really boils down to a personal popularity contest. I used to get so mad trying to prove objectively why it shouldn’t be Steve. But it really just boils down to “if we get him we might not get Banjo and I really want Banjo”. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I mean. I don’t LIKE Steve. I think he’s kind of boring and I don’t think his moveset would be interesting enough to justify him over other characters. It also doesn’t help that I’m really attached to Banjo and so are a lot of people, nostalgia is very popular and always has been. I think there are arguments to be made why even a greedy business-fronted approach could still lead to Banjo and not Steve or MC.

I don’t really know how to end this post so.... bye!

D

Deleted member

I mean. You really can’t say why someone shouldn’t be in Smash. Because there are almost no characters that wouldn’t work. It really boils down to a personal popularity contest. I used to get so mad trying to prove objectively why it shouldn’t be Steve. But it really just boils down to “if we get him we might not get Banjo and I really want Banjo”. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I mean. I don’t LIKE Steve. I think he’s kind of boring and I don’t think his moveset would be interesting enough to justify him over other characters. It also doesn’t help that I’m really attached to Banjo and so are a lot of people, nostalgia is very popular and always has been. I think there are arguments to be made why even a greedy business-fronted approach could still lead to Banjo and not Steve or MC.

I don’t really know how to end this post so.... bye!
(The best ending to a post ever.)

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
It's funny how people think baiting Goku and giving Edrick instead would make him more popular. That's like every backlash in the history of speculation, except you're doing it on purpose.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I personally prefer the retro anime over the modern one because the retro one feels less corny, in my opinion.
And we get this.
I personally prefer judging media by individual pieces and not by their release date, unless we are talking about technical improvements and such.

D

Deleted member

There’s an official app where you can watch the Pokémon anime for free.

By The Pokémon Company itself.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
The problem with the Pokémon anime is that it has gotten too repetitive. The first seasons were cool because they weren't repeating anything, since they were the first ones. Nowadays you can tell how the anime will go on without even watching:

- Ash goes to a new region
- Meets a girl
- Meets an older guy
- The three travel around the region as Ash takes the league challenge
- Rival shows up, defeats Ash at their first battle
- Team Rocket tries to capture Pikachu every episode
- The regional evil team is more competent than Team Rocket and does something akin to what they do in the games
- Ash stops them with the power of plotarmor
- Ash gets to the league
- Ash finally defeats his rival
- If the rival was a douchebag, he changes his ways, if not, he's just happy for the battle
- Ash loses at the semifinals or finals
- Repeat

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly I've not really a fan of the anime, as I feel like it kinda butchers the games...

I also get a little annoyed when people call :ultpokemontrainer: , Ash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watch Pokémon Origins or Generations.
They are cool to check, and adapt the main games.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I personally prefer judging media by individual pieces and not by their release date, unless we are talking about technical improvements and such.
Nah I’m not judging it by the release date. The more modern cartoon did some things that I liked, but I prefer the older one because it kinda feels less “friendship is. Agriculture”-ish, if you get where I’m going.
The modern cartoon does have some things I like though, such as better animation, more interesting and unique characters, and the Jirachu movie.
The freaking Jirachi movie was great

osby

Smash Obsessed
The problem with the Pokémon anime is that it has gotten too repetitive. The first seasons were cool because they weren't repeating anything, since they were the first ones. Nowadays you can tell how the anime will go on without even watching:

- Meets a girl
- Meets an older guy
- The regional evil team is more competent than Team Rocket and does something akin to what they do in the games
- Ash gets to the league
- If the rival was a douchebag, he changes his ways, if not, he's just happy for the battle
- Repeat
Pokemon is for kids, they probably don't expect their main audience to know every previous season.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

- Meets a girl
- Meets an older guy
- Ash gets to the league
- Repeat
This is another issue I have. At least they switch it up every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom