• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just fought a Dedede who only spammed Gordo and it genuinely hurts my soul because they were at 4.1 mil GSP and as a Dedede main, I know that the character shouldn't be played like that. Instead of going for something like a side tilt or forward air or neutral air up close, he just uses Gordos.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I am still mad we can't take videos in-game with the capture button.
Oh, and it's Mar10 day if anyone forgot. :upsidedown:

Does anyone even use Smashdown? I never really hear anything about it, and I guess people are just interested in other things.
I think I've finished 2 so far. They take a long time to complete. I'm guessing why that's why people never usually do it?

Bored so I’ll ask three questions.

1.Who is your personal most wanted?
2.Who is your realistic most wanted?
3.Who is your most wanted to make their fans happy?
1. Pretty much any new Pikmin character. But if I had to chose one, it'd be Louie.
2. Steve, I guess.
3. Banjo.

I've had Tropical Freeze for a few hours and it's already giving me a hernia.
Wait, from what? The fact that everything in the background is doing something? The difficulty? Or something else?

I just fought a Dedede who only spammed Gordo and it genuinely hurts my soul because they were at 4.1 mil GSP and as a Dedede main, I know that the character shouldn't be played like that. Instead of going for something like a side tilt or forward air or neutral air up close, he just uses Gordos.
Did you win?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have a fun little topic in mind so we end this conversation on a high note: Would you all be down for a color-change mode in the future? Like, say you take your Main and choose preselected color slots. You can customize them however you like. If you view this as a problem with people trying to engineer situations where their characters blend in with the background of a specific stage, fear not. Only you can see your own edit online. Whoever the player chooses will appear as that default costume slot, as to not abuse interface screw. Does this sound like a neat option to have, or are there other more appealing ideas worth exploring that haven't been done yet in the franchise?
I mean, lots of fighting games already have character customization built in. Many of them produced by Bandai Namco. It's honestly kind of surprising that Smash hasn't had that yet.

A customization tool like in SFxTK would be fantastic.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why use an actual strategy, when you can just spam one good move, and still manage to win in the process? :4pacman: /s

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Must be another hidden boss.

D

Deleted member

Whatever works, works. Let the Dedede spam gordo. 4head

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m going to throw it out there, because I think Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen mentioned it earlier in terms of “not knowing what’s likely” for Smash, but I think there are certain things within the community that holds back ideas, or lifts ones up that are given a tad too much credit.

I’ll be honest and say that never in a million years did I expect Joker. It was a relatively niche series in the US that had a real breakout title with Persona 5, which frankly helped it become a bit more mainstream. We saw that with the reveal at the Game Awards, and it’s not surprising that Persona has jumped ahead in people’s minds...Persona 5 WAS nominated for GOTY a few years ago, mind you.

Having played a good handful of different RPGs, few play similarly to Persona. It has a different setup to the game, with your every action having an impact on your skills in battle. It has some “anime” moments, but it fits the style and, for me, adds character to the game itself. While my girlfriend has been thrown for a loop, is annoyed by the repetition of the music, and finds some of the scenarios ridiculous, I think that makes the game charming.

I haven’t finished yet, but i’m just finishing Summer Break.

When it comes to Smash, yes, it’s a hall of fame type roster. There’s no doubt that the characters in the game sort of evoke that idea. I mean, there are groundbreaking series or series that are recognized worldwide, like Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, you’ve got Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, and even Metal Gear.

While I think it’s clear there’s a difference with Bayonetta, there’s no doubt that Persona 5 fits somewhere maybe...in the middle? Something unique to only Persona 5 and Final Fantasy VII is that the crossover with Smash is not with “Persona” or “Final Fantasy” as a series, but the specific games themselves.

I have to wonder which of our “fan rules” or “guidelines” actually apply anymore. The only one I know for sure is that the character “has to do something no one else can do”, which Joker certainly fits. But which characters does this eliminate? That answer isn’t as clear, to me at least.

I personally am only invested in the final 4 characters for Ultimate, unless the next Smash ports Ultimate with an installment of more stages and characters, but I don’t really expect that. As this is the final bit of speculation of my part, and I already assume Dragon Quest is getting Erdrick and/or the Luminary, I can only imagine who our last 3 picks are going to be.

It might be fun to just sit and chat to figure out, at the end of all of it, what guidelines actually applied throughout the years. My guess is, Sakurai is a fan, so if something sounded cool, he made it happen. He’s not so different from us, after allz

Anyway, play Persona 5. It’s a great game.

Ann is best waifu.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I voted for the Marth option.

:ultmarth:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Lucina's Fsmash is just a microcosm of Lucina in general: I'm sure it's top tier but I clearly can't use it right.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
lucina f-smash isnt an issue for me

i either super armor with mac f-smash or outrange with ganon f-smash

gg ez git gud

?????????????

Smash Master
Hey, I just finished a new moveset video! I worked really hard on this one, so I'd love to hear what you think.

LetterO

Smash Lord
inklings are pretty tough because their ink multiplies damage done on me

lucky for me, ganon himself is a damage multiplier as well

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What would be a different Final Smash that would suit Lucina if she had it changed?
Either using Chrom's Awakening Aether if they wanted to save resources, or giving her one of her other signature weapons from Heroes, Geirskögul or Thögn. The latter would probably be used, I think, if either, due to the fact that Lucina is closely associated with bows in most spin-off material despite Archer only being a reclass option for her.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the exalted falchion gimmick is just a ripoff of the master sword not being at full power from wind waker prove me wrong

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I put Joker and Yu around like, 55% with Jack Frost being 60%.
If Atlus were considered, it'd be one of the three.
I'd love too.

Just waitin' for that port.
3 more weeks and you'll find out if it's getting one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom