• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
So, what Smash character do you have the most history with, and why? (I hope I didn’t word that oddly.)
Hmm, if you mean outside of Smash, based on the games I inherited from my older brother and stuff, it would be characters like :ultmario: :ultsonic: :ultpikachu: and to a bit lesser extent :ultyounglink: :ultfox: :ultdiddy: :ultyoshi: :ultjigglypuff: :ultpokemontrainer: (+ the other Mario characters in SM64, MK64, and Mario Party 1)

If Smash itself is counted, it would be :ultpikachu: then, he was my only main way back when + my favorite Pokémon back then. I don’t play as him that much at all anymore. (I just spammed Thunder back in the day, ahaha...)

I’m a big fan of :ultkirby: nowadays but I only initially found out who he was from Smash 64. He was also a big part of when I finally started working on actually getting good at Smash, though.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
945DE3C6-15AC-417A-8DA4-20071FEBECF0.jpeg

Best bois.

I really wish they would let you set certain ATs so you can get snapshots of a character you like.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone even use Smashdown? I never really hear anything about it, and I guess people are just interested in other things.
I use it quite often with my bros and friends. There's just not much to say about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Lucina be like
*F-Smash noises*
That was basically how I got 0-2'd by Moydow in that SmashBoards tournament.

Lucina's forward smash is also good. It is fast and has good kill power. She can also use it as bait to initiate her quick moves like jab, tilt, up b or side b.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
That was basically how I got 0-2'd by Moydow in that SmashBoards tournament.

Lucina's forward smash is also good. It is fast and has good kill power. She can also use it as bait to initiate her quick moves like jab, tilt, up b or side b.
What bugs me most is that while I had her outmatched that last round, she Just kills me for free if I'm off-stage for like 0,5 second

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not much but I think it still should count for something, considering there were other potential echoes that didn't make the cut, bandwagon support or not.
i wasnt making a point there i just said "oh yeah the clone"

because i forgot the clone

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How in the *** do you get back on stage against that thing?

I was Squirtle
You just got to avoid it. Unless you tech the stage spike (which I can’t seem to do).

And the heavy statement was referring to my mains. Smaller/average size characters tend to be better against her (IMO), unless they have a really **** recovery.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Lucina f-smash is pretty dumb ngl. Should at least have a longer period to punish if it has that much kill power, range, and speed.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Do people want to try it again or do we accept the internet hates us?
Let's try again. That and now I feel determined to beat Moydow's Luci at least once.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Smaller/average size characters tend to be better against her (IMO), unless they have a really **** recovery.
I'd agree with this, from my own experience. Characters like Squirtle with a small hurtbox are just really annoying for me to fight against, because stuff like n-air is much less effective against them since even with a short-hop it just goes over them.

Anyway, I'm done for now, GGs @ShinyLegendary Ultomato Ultomato Raxxel Raxxel

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I'd agree with this, from my own experience. Characters like Squirtle with a small hurtbox are just really annoying for me to fight against, because stuff like n-air is much less effective against them since even with a short-hop it just goes over them.

Anyway, I'm done for now, GGs @ShinyLegendary Ultomato Ultomato Raxxel Raxxel
GG.

Soon I Will beat you, once my :ultpokemontrainerf: gets as good as it should be

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Lucina f-smash is pretty dumb ngl. Should at least have a longer period to punish if it has that much kill power, range, and speed.
I won't disagree with this, honestly. Right now I can just throw it out pretty much whenever I like, and there are very few characters who are fast enough to be able to do anything about it if it whiffs. I try not to rely on it too heavily, but it's just too useful to ignore too much.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'm not sure, I hardly ever take screenshots. But if you can't, yeah, that's a problem.
You can take screencaps in Training Mode by pressing the capture button on the joycons or pro controller, but you can’t access the screenshot mode to line up a nice shot. (Correct me if I’m wrong...)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bored so I’ll ask three questions.

1.Who is your personal most wanted?
2.Who is your realistic most wanted?
3.Who is your most wanted to make their fans happy?
1. Any Rhythm Heaven rep
2. Steve
3. Waluigi

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yeah, I clearly meant taking good snapshots in Training mode.

Also, it’s funny how we give Link, Shulk, Pit, and all the FE guys crap for being anime pretty boys when Isaac ironically has the most spiky shonen like hair in comparison to all the sword guys.

Well, besides Cloud but he’s 3rd party so cares lol?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine wanting requested characters so that they can be good for tiers instead of being as true to character as possible

like yeah some things can be buffed but it shouldnt be the ultimate goal

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure, I hardly ever take screenshots. But if you can't, yeah, that's a problem.
I'm pretty sure you can't, t least in earlier smash games. Not sure about Ultimate though. Might have glanced over something. But from what I recall it isn't the case sadly.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Also, it’s funny how we give Link, Shulk, Pit, and all the FE guys crap for being anime pretty boys when Isaac ironically has the most spiky shonen like hair in comparison to all the sword guys.

You know who would complete the spikey hair boy band? Sora

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Technically,:ultlarry:has the spikiest hair and Roy is an alternate skin for Larry, and Roy has a sword, so Larry is an anime swordsman.

Trust me, I'm a scientist.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Technically,:ultlarry:has the spikiest hair and Roy is an alternate skin for Larry, and Roy has a sword, so Larry is an anime swordsman.

Trust me, I'm a scientist.
I'd say this is the biggest stretch I've seen in Smash fandom but I've seen a thread that was unironically arguing Joker isn't a video game character.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does anyone even use Smashdown? I never really hear anything about it, and I guess people are just interested in other things.
It's not online. I have no idea why, but it's not.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd say this is the biggest stretch I've seen in Smash fandom but I've seen a thread that was unironically arguing Joker isn't a video game character.
where is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom